Anyone here "good" with smartphones (iPhones) ? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone here "good" with smartphones (iPhones) ?

What's the problem?
Never saw this...

Pretty sure the answer is "no", but been randomly thinking again about it recently for some odd reason, and it's been bumming me out (which is crazy... considering how long it has been).

Back in 2014 my first iphone died (randomly) after having it for 2 years. I, unfortunately, did not have icloud turned on as I just did not know about it (dummy). So I lost all of my data from those 2 years, and got a new phone.

I guess my question is...is there truly no possible way to recover any of that data from that dead iphone?

Never saw this...

Pretty sure the answer is "no", but been randomly thinking again about it recently for some odd reason, and it's been bumming me out (which is crazy... considering how long it has been).

Back in 2014 my first iphone died (randomly) after having it for 2 years. I, unfortunately, did not have icloud turned on as I just did not know about it (dummy). So I lost all of my data from those 2 years, and got a new phone.

I guess my question is...is there truly no possible way to recover any of that data from that dead iphone?
The challenge is getting the dead iPhone to boot up. I assume when you say it died, that it doesn't boot up at all. Is that true?

I have never used iPadRehab but it sounds like you would need to work with them (or a company like them) to find the root cause that is preventing your iPhone from booting up and fix it. Once that happens, you should be able to connect to it from a PC using iTunes and get the data off it.

2014 is a long time ago and that is probably going to make this task harder. The battery is surely dead and will need to be replaced. Not sure how easy that task will be. Would not be surprised if the battery was the root cause for your issue in the first place.

Someone like ubreakifix has a national presence and at the least, they could probably replace the battery and see if that allows access to the data.

I would think the battery replacement would cost in the $50-$90 range. If you really care about the lost data, it might be worth going down that path.

Not sure where you are located but there were a bunch of them in the Orlando area and one fixed my iPhone when my battery finally died. Looks like they are opening a location on West Genesee St in Syracuse shortly. There are of course lots of other companies that can at the least replace the battery. Hope you don't need a battery from circa 2014 because they have a shelf life. If you don't plan on using it and only want to get the data, if a newer battery doesn't fit in the case, they might be able to leave it open and you could use it that way.

Good luck.

The challenge is getting the dead iPhone to boot up. I assume when you say it died, that it doesn't boot up at all. Is that true?

I have never used iPadRehab but it sounds like you would need to work with them (or a company like them) to find the root cause that is preventing your iPhone from booting up and fix it. Once that happens, you should be able to connect to it from a PC using iTunes and get the data off it.

2014 is a long time ago and that is probably going to make this task harder. The battery is surely dead and will need to be replaced. Not sure how easy that task will be. Would not be surprised if the battery was the root cause for your issue in the first place.

Someone like ubreakifix has a national presence and at the least, they could probably replace the battery and see if that allows access to the data.

I would think the battery replacement would cost in the $50-$90 range. If you really care about the lost data, it might be worth going down that path.

Not sure where you are located but there were a bunch of them in the Orlando area and one fixed my iPhone when my battery finally died. Looks like they are opening a location on West Genesee St in Syracuse shortly. There are of course lots of other companies that can at the least replace the battery. Hope you don't need a battery from circa 2014 because they have a shelf life. If you don't plan on using it and only want to get the data, if a newer battery doesn't fit in the case, they might be able to leave it open and you could use it that way.

Good luck.
I was just about to say this.

;)

Thanks, Tom.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for this, Tom! There is a ubreakifix around me (NE OH). I actually came across them this week during research.

To answer your question- correct, nothing registers when I try to turn it on. Black screen. The home button does press though.

I took it to Apple back when it happened (June 2014), and that’s when I learned I didn’t have backup enabled and essentially needed a new phone. I was pretty stunned. So because of that conversation, I just assumed that was it.

Thanks a lot for this, Tom! There is a ubreakifix around me (NE OH). I actually came across them this week during research.

To answer your question- correct, nothing registers when I try to turn it on. Black screen. The home button does press though.

I took it to Apple back when it happened (June 2014), and that’s when I learned I didn’t have backup enabled and essentially needed a new phone. I was pretty stunned. So because of that conversation, I just assumed that was it.
Good luck. Please let me know if you get the data back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom