Apparel contract | Syracusefan.com

Apparel contract

nccusefan

Preferred Walk On
Addidas has been paying big $$$ for college teams. How much does this NCAA basketball scandal hurt our negotiating position for uniforms and apparel?

I don't see any connection. SU is with Nike.

Both Nike and Adidas schools involved but I had been hoping we would at least use Adidas as a negotiating tool to get a better deal even if we decide to stay with Nike

Addidas has been paying big $$$ for college teams. How much does this NCAA basketball scandal hurt our negotiating position for uniforms and apparel?

On one hand, it hurts adidas more than it does any school for the immediate future.

On the other, having three shoes companies in play (Nike, UA, adidas) is better than having two.

all these deals moving forward are going to be short leashed, and I always thought the biggest benefactor in these deals were the coaches. going to be a whole new world on all this kind of stuff going forward.

And they pays us peanuts compared to these other contracts. It’s why Wildhack was looking to negotiate elsewhere.

And like TV, they're largely based off of football.

Can't see this helping us re Nike vs. Under vs. Adidas

I think everything will change, with the FBI involved, now boards at fortune 500 companies will open their eyes and someone is going to take a stand ...demand massive change or just cut back $$$$

If we were at the table today, I think the contract of $10.00 yesterday morning is now worth $4.00

Right now, NCAA basketball is the last place companies want to be associated with......too much brand risk

KFC Yum Yum can't be too happy with their deal with UL

NCAA has to change leadership, they are culprit #1 in my book

I would not be surprised to see Adam Silver getting involved

The NCAA is a mess, until 3 years ago cream cheese was not allowed with bagels, fruit and snacks in the afternoon for the players. Why? It was considered a MEAL. Sick

And they pays us peanuts compared to these other contracts. It’s why Wildhack was looking to negotiate elsewhere.
which may have been a blessing in disguise . . . . adidas had a $160m contract with louisville. they had a serious financial interest in keeping that program at the very top of the cbb world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom