Army Gameday... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Army Gameday...

army’s goalie made few saves at end n reached double digit saves don’t believe mark did could be wrong but said mark would need to make double digit saves to win
Mark had 11 saves

Not end of world but def make it a lot harder on ourself. But i’d like to least see them give mccool added minutes in meaningful games. Just don’t like how mark has looked this year he has better defense in front for sure but yet still letting in goals don’t think he should. He got beat stick side high near side multiple times then got beat near side on low angle shots.

Short sticks struggled today. Anyone ever find out if Clary is done for the yr? Could have used him today. Levine and Trujillo had rough days.

Clary out for the year

Keep taking dumb highlight reel shots and sit home for the playoffs. Next moron that attempts a behind the back goal sits for the rest of the year. Sit Hiltz and Thomson. They’re liabilities at this point but Gait will continue to run with them.

why don’t we use titus more also? Team looked tired and think titus was on the man down ? This team is close but have to have to finish these games. Miss days where just give ball to nick mariano n go score !

That was a tough one. Every opportunity to pull it out, but too many bad plays in the final minutes. Which sucks because we also made several quality hits and GBs that flipped/maintained possession.

And I’m not against BtB’s but time and place, kid. Time and place.

either way he much better goalie then army’s but army’s goalie did just as good as mark mark has to be 50% or better n he hasn’t been.

Like old faithful another choke vs a good team we should have beat. Army should have a good year and this won’t be the game that keeps us out at least but the Patriot is sneaky they could also fall off.

Why does this happen every single game we play someone good at home? Don’t these guys want to beat someone who doesn’t suck in the Dome?

Little things keep haunting SU in these games.

Gait not calling a TO on that last possession in regulation

Spallina with a terrible decision on that btb in OT

No backup from Finn on that shot

To many stretches where SU turns the ball over 2 or 3 times in a row

Inability to break games open

Taking that empty net shot. If your shooting that it better go in

Just law of averages at this point to closes one of these out. Something anything. No clue what to say this crap depresses me so much. We should make some hard decisions with O, who should still be pulling more weight in these. I know people will say scheme and coaching but its like we get the look/opportunity and the guy who needs to capitalize acts like a knucklehead. You can see easy ways they can get to 16 but they just cant man up and execute when it counts. We are playing too well and getting too close in these games for me to give up hope, but getting in the playoffs is a ruthless process and we are on thin ice now. I feel horrible for the squad. Really thought we had it today. So devastating. Again.

Like I said before, I was a sophomore in highschool the last time we made it to champ weekend. Now because of blown games we have to rely on beating either Cornell or Hopkins and probably need to win Two ACc games to even be IN the tourney. We are slowly approaching 4 years of being out of the tourney.

Like I said before, I was a sophomore in highschool the last time we made it to champ weekend. Now because of blown games we have to rely on beating either Cornell or Hopkins and probably need to win Two ACc games to even be IN the tourney. We are slowly approaching 4 years of being out of the tourney.

It would be 3 years if we didn't get in this year, not 4.

Kyle's observations:

Army out muscled us today.

Hiltz was locked up all game, until they switched a shorty on him and he was able to get off the tying goal.

Finn got a clean look, but the goalie made a great save. You can run more time off the clock and not get a better shot.

Kyle's POTG: The guy guarding Spallina. Frustrated him all game (and it showed).

My socks might dry out by Saturday.

i like cuse's chances against cornell...their defense is bad and they just lost their fogo for the season. cuse will score a ton

I think we need to beat hopkins and cornell also beat unc n hope we beat delaware n high point who can finish top 20 may get us in but may have to win games i said while also winning least 1 acc out of the big 3

was hoping colgate even utah would finish top 20’but don’t look like it. but def have to beat hopkins and cornell and unc no doubt n win rest of the games that arnt acc but maby have to win 1 of the big 3 acc games

also those refs sucked. They weren’t good n missed ton of calls. 1 being at end of shot clock hitting goalie just for fin to get it n score but refs not resetting clock. Which guessing can’t challenge that. also think was mule he got tackled to ground n no call. Also collectti seem to jump early more then half the game while also holding kohn at times. Even with refs pooing still should of won.

Might as well be 10 years. Not making the tourney 3 years straight in a sport with maybe 20 good teams is pathetic. "6 of them being Champ weekend worthy"

When you play in the Acc these ruts can happen. Has happened to UVA and UNC the past decade as well. Gait needs to coach better and get into the tourney this year. No Fogo last year cost them a bid this year its the offense so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom