Army Post Game Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Army Post Game Thread

4-0, keep it going Cuse!​

IMG_8075.jpeg

Score could have easily been 38-10. Didn’t finish two drives that ended in field goals instead of TDs. Those are things they can work on.
army dropped a probable pick 6 and alford makes some incredible grabs to extend drives. it also could have been a lot closer.
army coach should be courtmartialed over the 4th and 8 call. that 1 decision...it basically ended the game.

Could have been on the safety as well. Looks like a Greenwood thought he had safety help over the top. Safety jumped the deep cross.

Also thought the pursuit was odd too. Looked like the corner never attempted to chase down the WR. Maybe he had Army at -13?

Could be ….Greenwood, Farmer and Gould are all on the field. Greenwood lined up as if in man. Gould is on the far right. Farmer is in the deep middle but commits to the receiver over the middle. Greenwood maybe is supposed to have safety help (Farmer) but 2 things, Greenwood is clearly looking in the backfield and does not backpeddle at the snap, he’s flat footed. and the receiver just runs by him, 2nd Farmer can’t guard both over the middle and deep left. The guy he jumps is kind of bracketed by Lowery and Wax (both still in the game) so maybe he is supposed to be deep left but it didn’t look like it. I think the far side was supposed to be man.

Either way I would be really curious to know who screwed up.

Could be ….Greenwood, Farmer and Gould are all on the field. Greenwood lined up as if in man. Gould is on the far right. Farmer is in the deep middle but commits to the receiver over the middle. Greenwood maybe is supposed to have safety help (Farmer) but 2 things, Greenwood is clearly looking in the backfield and does not backpeddle at the snap, he’s flat footed. and the receiver just runs by him, 2nd Farmer can’t guard both over the middle and deep left. The guy he jumps is kind of bracketed by Lowery and Wax (both still in the game) so maybe he is supposed to be deep left but it didn’t look like it. I think the far side was supposed to be man.

Either way I would be really curious to know who screwed up.
They both screwed up. Was most likely man with a single high safety.

Greenwoods technique wasn’t exactly perfect as you described. Safety jumps the deep in for no apparent reason considering you are up 3 scores and keeping Army out of the end zone is way more important than giving up a 10-15 yard pass.

But that happens when you get backups in. Kids trying to make plays rather than focusing on execution.

The issue is the lack of confidence in the 2s. There was plenty of time to lose the game after the 85 yard scoring pass fiasco. If they leave the 2s in and there is a bad snap or handoff everyone would be singing a different tune.

Also, made no sense going for a FG at the end. They shouldn't care about the spread. I remember the loss to Rutgers when our best lineman (Pugh) slipped and they blocked and scored.

There really isn't a lot to gripe about in this game. Staff did their job, made the adjustments and won.

Manning had graduated. Tee Martin was their QB.
Yeah. There are Tennessee fans that mess that up too. Manning is such a legend they can't help but give him credit for their NC. I had a debate with one once that claimed he had to be right simply because he's such a big fan that he has a power 'T' tattooed on the back of his neck. I had to google it to prove it to him.

Yeah. There are Tennessee fans that mess that up too. Manning is such a legend they can't help but give him credit for their NC. I had a debate with one once that claimed he had to be right simply because he's such a big fan that he has a power 'T' tattooed on the back of his neck. I had to google it to prove it to him.
It also was not “socks too high”. It was knee pads not low enough. Only time I’ve ever seen it called. They changed the rule shortly after. What a screw job by the SEC refs.
Florange44

the admiral knocked the pearl out of the tourney.
Yeah, but literally every one of our great players except for Melo was knocked out of the NCAA tournament by someone. Harris was a great player that played for a rival that beat us two years in a row right after our undefeated season. I guess things hurt differently for different people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom