Assist to field goal ratio decline (Poor passing team) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Assist to field goal ratio decline (Poor passing team)

I felt it was a mix of things.

We were missing a 3rd guy that could run motion offense and score off the bounce. We didn't have the shooters. Cooney shot poorly to end the year and fair shot alot of 3 for 14s late in the season. Grant and Rak were not post up guys as the season went along. Ennis wasn't a go to guy to really late in the season.

Compare us to someone like I think it was iowa who had something like 6 guys who all shot over 33% from three and nearly led the country in assists. Or to the 09-10 team who had wes and rautins from the perimeter (who wouldn't finish the season rough), kjo, ao and scoop in one on one ball. We just didn't have the horses.

Agreed. Ugly finish.

I always get nervous banking on someone who just got kicked off their high school team. McCullough may prove me wrong (waiters certainly did) but I just worry he's a disaster from a team standpoint. Makes me nervous.

And that's assuming he gets qualified.

McCullough could turn out to be a great one, but I'm more interested in getting improved freshman point guard play and some serious leaps and bounds from our returning players (and, frankly, some new wrinkles from the coaching staff). This team is going as far as Joseph, Cooney, and Roberson take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom