Assistant Coach Possibilities | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coach Possibilities

NKR1978

Living Legend
I have no names to throw around, but criteria:
1. Stud recruiter.
2. Big man coach. (Imagine TR's career if we had a guy who played the position and dedicated his career to coaching it? Maybe that offers some tiny bit of motivation to Lydon and maybe Chukwu develops into a real defensive force and someone who isn't an offensive liability.)
3. Did not play for JB at Syracuse.

I have no names to throw around, but criteria:
1. Stud recruiter.
2. Big man coach. (Imagine TR's career if we had a guy who played the position and dedicated his career to coaching it? Maybe that offers some tiny bit of motivation to Lydon and maybe Chukwu develops into a real defensive force and someone who isn't an offensive liability.)
3. Did not play for JB at Syracuse.
How about big time AAU Canadian connection??? Leo got any names???????

How do you bring in a top assistant when your coach isn't going to be around much longer and the new guy will want to bring in his own guys?

You bring in a guy who has head coach aspirations and give him the AHC title. Make him your lead recruiter and top assistant. Give him more money than he makes now and give him a chance to put Jim Boeheim and Syracuse on his resume. Maybe help get him into USA basketball if that's something he wants.

Or you know, being in a place for a few years in a nomadic profession isn't so bad.

That crossed my mind.

I actually think Devo would be better than Gerry.

I would change to Gonzaga if they appointed Devo. Serious.

Herm Harried and Ryan Blackwell interest me but do not match your criteria. Both have something to bring to the table. Would like to see them work in a college assistant job first in a perfect world though.

You bring in a guy who has head coach aspirations and give him the AHC title. Make him your lead recruiter and top assistant. Give him more money than he makes now and give him a chance to put Jim Boeheim and Syracuse on his resume. Maybe help get him into USA basketball if that's something he wants.

Or you know, being in a place for a few years in a nomadic profession isn't so bad.
Who is such a guy? Why...Tom Crean is that man!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom