Assistant Coach Possibilities | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coach Possibilities

Ryan Blackwell already looks and talks like a college coach. Can't miss with him.
proven recruiter? No. He is not and that is what we need right now. Not some local high school coach.

134620.jpg
Just saying, John Thompson III could become available soon /s

Looks as though you have

It's like a "marriage of convenience." SU's not in the dance this year, and Mrs. Moo did her M.Ed. at Gonzaga. :noidea:

But I have no interest in Devo in any official capacity at SU. None.

proven recruiter? No. He is not and that is what we need right now. Not some local high school coach.

He coached in China as well.

What experience did GMac have coming in?

He coached in China as well.

What experience did GMac have coming in?
Totally different situations. G-mac came in as a real ass't only because the school fired Fine. It was sort of a quick fill. We just lost our best recruiter. We need a proven recruiter to replace him. If we were filling a 3rd ass't spot, I would have no problem with Ryan. But that isn't what we are doing. I want Weaver part 2. Not G-mac part two.

He has a very commanding presence, very well spoken and serious even as a high school coach. He did coach his team to the states in only his second year. I see him being a college head coach someday , soon.

It's like a "marriage of convenience." SU's not in the dance this year, and Mrs. Moo did her M.Ed. at Gonzaga. :noidea:

But I have no interest in Devo in any official capacity at SU. None.

Well, he is currently an Assistant S & C Coach...

Well, he is currently an Assistant S & C Coach...

I was not aware of that (obviously :D ), thanks. And I've been in the habit of skipping over anything with his name in it, which would explain my ignorance of his role there. :noidea:

Totally different situations. G-mac came in as a real ass't only because the school fired Fine. It was sort of a quick fill. We just lost our best recruiter. We need a proven recruiter to replace him. If we were filling a 3rd ass't spot, I would have no problem with Ryan. But that isn't what we are doing. I want Weaver part 2. Not G-mac part two.

100% agree. I would love to see a recruiting stud to come in. He proves to be a good coach as well as an assistant wouldn't have a problem with him taking over.

Would be nice to see a current head coach maybe at the DII who has a solid track record come in and be an assistant and if he's able to prove himself in a few years jump in.

No one has mentioned Rob Murphy yet. I know he is still the head coach at Eastern Michigan and has somewhat struggled. His wife is still in Syracuse. Would this be a good thing.

100% agree. I would love to see a recruiting stud to come in. He proves to be a good coach as well as an assistant wouldn't have a problem with him taking over.

Would be nice to see a current head coach maybe at the DII who has a solid track record come in and be an assistant and if he's able to prove himself in a few years jump in.
I'm not on board with anyone from d-2. Totally different world. They can coach just as well but recruiting is a different world.

No one has mentioned Rob Murphy yet. I know he is still the head coach at Eastern Michigan and has somewhat struggled. His wife is still in Syracuse. Would this be a good thing.
We can do better.

Interesting thought. I'd bet he's tired of trying to recruit with Michigan and MSU just up the road.

I don't think he coaches, don't believe he's ever recruited.

Not sure if you're serious or not but it doesn't make sense.

Interesting thought. I'd bet he's tired of trying to recruit with Michigan and MSU just up the road.
I don't know the situation but what Cuse could offer him would be on par or more than he is currently making.

I don't know the situation but what Cuse could offer him would be on par or more than he is currently making.

It's probably much easier to get someone with a pre-existing Syracuse connection to come to a place that gets double digits in snow footage every year. :rolleyes:

I have no names to throw around, but criteria:
1. Stud recruiter.
2. Big man coach. (Imagine TR's career if we had a guy who played the position and dedicated his career to coaching it? Maybe that offers some tiny bit of motivation to Lydon and maybe Chukwu develops into a real defensive force and someone who isn't an offensive liability.)
3. Did not play for JB at Syracuse.

Let's skip the assistant coach search and start looking for a new head coach now. Seriously. Boeheim will not go quietly. That's a problem.

Anyone think Louis Orr comes back. He is available. Former Big East Coach of year. MAC Coach of year. And won a MAC championship.

Then give HC job to Red and let Orr be his right hand man.

No not Orr. Recruiting was not his forte
Both the guy Orr replaced and the guy who took over for him at Siena could potentially be good choices (Rob Lanier and Paul Hewitt).

Break the piggy bank for Beilein and let him hire on his son as head assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom