At least we're not UConn v2022 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

At least we're not UConn v2022

Are all HBCUs at the FCS level? I imagine there's not many ACC teams making trips to HBCU stadiums, but I certainly could be wrong.
I believe that the HBCUs in the SWAC and the MEAC conferences are D1.

Are all HBCUs at the FCS level? I imagine there's not many ACC teams making trips to HBCU stadiums, but I certainly could be wrong.

Honestly not sure. I think they are- not sure that matters honestly given if that were to change then there is impact. There is so much pre emptive stuff out there in terms of lawsuits I could still see it be challenged on their behalf.

I believe that the HBCUs in the SWAC and the MEAC conferences are D1.
Right, D1, but FCS level, not FBS. They don't participate in the FCS playoffs because it's more lucrative for them to play their bowl game that pits the SWAC and MEAC winners against each other.

But I have a hard time believing UNC and NCSU won't go to ECU or App State. Ditto the VA schools to ODU / JMU. Legislatures can still hard wire that stuff.
I mean you would think... then again who knows in this new environment...

ACC teams are not going to visit FCS teams of any kind.

I don't see that happening.

But I have a hard time believing UNC and NCSU won't go to ECU or App State. Ditto the VA schools to ODU / JMU. Legislatures can still hard wire that stuff.
Agreed. I'm sure those schools will take Phillips guidance "under advisement" and promptly ignore it.

Honestly not sure. I think they are- not sure that matters honestly given if that were to change then there is impact. There is so much pre emptive stuff out there in terms of lawsuits I could still see it be challenged on their behalf.
The article was definitely referencing the AAC, Sun Belt, etc. FCS is a whole different thing, I believe. And as Bayside44 mentioned, there are obligations for some ACC schools to play at their in-state FBS brethren

Agreed. I'm sure those schools will take Phillips guidance "under advisement" and promptly ignore it.

I'll be curious on whether the playoff expansion tightens up scheduling though. I would think it would open it up more and yet there is an argument it won't as everyone avoids the loss that makes them #14 instead of 10.. etc

The expanded playoff now introduces elements similar to the ncaa tourney but with still only 12 games. Adds a whole new wrinkle.

I'll be curious on whether the playoff expansion tightens up scheduling though. I would think it would open it up more and yet there is an argument it won't as everyone avoids the loss that makes them #14 instead of 10.. etc

The expanded playoff now introduces elements similar to the ncaa tourney but with still only 12 games. Adds a whole new wrinkle.
For sure. Will teams try to find ways to pad their win totals, or will they look to maintain a high strength of schedule? I would *think* the selection committee will claim to value the latter, but we know that's subjective, and often merely lip service.

I don't see that happening.

I checking.

ECU has two home games scheduled against ACC teams in the next 9 years.

App State has one.

Not much impact.

It is interesting to see the Duke plans to ignore this. It does not affect games already contracted, though Wake has apparently already canceled one based on this.

I know this is a Raleigh newspaper article. But I find it funny that they just ignore the rest of the ACC outside of North Carolina.

Did somebody say Conflict?

_DX_4180.JPG
Haha I hope this haunts him for the rest of his days.

Interesting that it's Army, not Army and Navy.
I agree. Wake has played Army a lot in the last couple of decades. Their fans say more than many ACC schools. I think one said they have played 14 of the past 20 years.

There are a lot of ACC schools have UConn away games on future schedules. Duke, NC State, UNC, Syracuse, Wake Forest.

Army has Syracuse (2), BC and Wake coming up on their future schedules.

The SEC decided a while ago Army could be counted as a P5 opponent but not Navy. Looks like the ACC is following that precedent.

I checking.

ECU has two home games scheduled against ACC teams in the next 9 years.

App State has one.

Not much impact.

It is interesting to see the Duke plans to ignore this. It does not affect games already contracted, though Wake has apparently already canceled one based on this.
UVa is scheduled to play at Coastal Carolina in 2024, and return games at JMU and ODU are not listed on our Future Schedules page. I think they may have been at one time.

The SEC decided a while ago Army could be counted as a P5 opponent but not Navy. Looks like the ACC is following that precedent.
Well, the SEC better hope they are never under submarine attack.

:D

Because Navy is in the AAC, so they get that money and games at Navy aren't as picturesque as games at Army. ;)
Very true. I've been meaning to catch a game at Army while I'm only about an hour north before I move back to CNY.

You'd think that 2-for-1s would be OK.
It is a pretty hard core stance. I am quite surprised they came out so strong on this. Not just UConn is going to get affected here. Old Dominion, Liberty, USF. Some have already mentioned ECU.

A bunch of MAC schools will lose their chance to play an ACC school at home too. TexanMark might need to throw out his planning guides for Akron, Mount Pleasant, Ypsilanti, Kalamazoo, etc.

Syracuse football now has its opponents set through the 2026 season after athletic director John Wildhack told syracuse.com the 2024 nonconference slate has been finalized.

The Orange will face Ohio, Army, Holy Cross and Connecticut in 2024.

The news that UConn would be added to the schedule was revealed during an interview with Wildhack last week to discuss football scheduling matters.

Navy has TV connections through the AAC. Army is independent. Not sure what TV contracts they have.
Every Army home game is on CBS Sports. The cable one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom