Class of 2017 - ATH CJ Turner (NY) Verbal to UNH | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH CJ Turner (NY) Verbal to UNH

Overall they feel Cuse is reaching out more. Marrone having the spring practices helped with re establishing relationships. Shafer has done nothing to hurt that relationship. Shafer bringing in Scissum at the last second shows his commitment to the area.

Overall they feel Cuse is reaching out more. Marrone having the spring practices helped with re establishing relationships. Shafer has done nothing to hurt that relationship. Shafer bringing in Scissum at the last second shows his commitment to the area.

Great to hear.

Would love to see us establish more of a foothold in Rochester, given the talent that cultivates in that area.

Already one of the most explosive players in Rochester. Freshman highlights below. Cuse liked him today at camp.
Good to hear that about coaches in the Rochester area. It is an important battle ground for recruiting.

CJ has apparently been offered. You don't see speed like his north of the Mason-Dixon very often.

Already one of the most explosive players in Rochester. Freshman highlights below. Cuse liked him today at camp.

Money, whats his hight and weight? Always tough to tell in film. Being a freshman im sure he has some growing left to do but he looks very small at this point in time. Love the spead and feet on the kid though! Any other schools sniffing around yet? Thanks!

I dont think he's been offered yet. There was a talk after camp about a future offer. CJ is presently 5'8. That will be the only thing that colleges will hold against him. I think he will get taller. His dad is 6'1. Syracuse moved him from WR to RB at the camp. CJ has played the slot primarily the last two years. I think when its all said and done he will be recruited as a slot WR. He has great hands and is a polished route runner despite being so young.

I dont think he's been offered yet. There was a talk after camp about a future offer. CJ is presently 5'8. That will be the only thing that colleges will hold against him. I think he will get taller. His dad is 6'1. Syracuse moved him from WR to RB at the camp. CJ has played the slot primarily the last two years. I think when its all said and done he will be recruited as a slot WR. He has great hands and is a polished route runner despite being so young.

If he's a speedy slot and short, that is ok. See: 5'8" Tavon Austin. ;)

He already seems like an exceptional route runner for someone just completing their Freshman season. I could see him as a more natural Brisly Estime in the slot. Maybe not the pure raw speed, but more then enough speed for the position, and more technical. I really hope he continues to develop, and is eventually Orange.

He already seems like an exceptional route runner for someone just completing their Freshman season. I could see him as a more natural Brisly Estime in the slot. Maybe not the pure raw speed, but more then enough speed for the position, and more technical. I really hope he continues to develop, and is eventually Orange.
i agree with all that.

I'm extremely impressed by his route running. Not to mention he's a freshman. Very excited to see his development and hope both parties keep improving to where 'Cuse is a no brainer for him.

He looks like one of those speedy florida state guys that are a pain to tackle in open field. Let's hope he's not too interested in going far from home because he'll likely have plenty of options.

This guy is scary good for a sophomore. Seems he would answer a lot of questions for us at wr and in the return game. Any idea how hard the coaches are pursuing? Presume he'll develope that top end break away speed to match the acceleration he already has and become a bigger name recruit as result.

This guy is scary good for a sophomore. Seems he would answer a lot of questions for us at wr and in the return game. Any idea how hard the coaches are pursuing? Presume he'll develope that top end break away speed to match the acceleration he already has and become a bigger name recruit as result.
They like him. Just worried about his height. They are hoping he gets taller. But I think they will heavily recruit him all the way to the end. He is one hard working young man. If you tell him he's too slow, he will be on the track the next day, if you tell him he is too weak, he will be in the weight room the next day. If you tell him he needs to work on his ball skills and running, he will be on the field the next day. He is also a great character kid.

Last edited:
They like him. Just worried about his height. They are hoping he gets taller. But I think they will heavily recruit him all the way to the end. He is one hard working young man. If you tell him he's too slow, he will be on the track the next day, if you tell him he is too weak, he will be in the weigh room the next day. If you tell him he needs to work on his ball skills and running, he will be on the field the next day. He is also a great character kid.

It's too bad that if I were to tell him he's too short he can't make himself grow two inches the next day, because he looks terrific and tomorrow is when I'd like us to offer him.

They like him. Just worried about his height. They are hoping he gets taller. But I think they will heavily recruit him all the way to the end. He is one hard working young man. If you tell him he's too slow, he will be on the track the next day, if you tell him he is too weak, he will be in the weigh room the next day. If you tell him he needs to work on his ball skills and running, he will be on the field the next day. He is also a great character kid.

LOVE that mentality. "Doubt me please! I'll prove you wrong 100% of the time".

I'm not worried about height as much. He looks like what our staff wants Estime to be and watching Darren Sproles run all over the field on punt returns I always think "Damn, we need a guy that can do that". Well, here's a local kid that looks as good as any. That jitter bug change of direction, and 0-60 acceleration is a nasty weapon to have. I'd imagine his 10, and 20 yard splits are very good and he just needs to work the 20-40 yard top end speed to run a sexy 40 time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom