Class of 2024 - ATH K.J. Bolden (GA) Committed to Georgia | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH K.J. Bolden (GA) Committed to Georgia

My thoughts ---- it is a long shot but if he never comes on campus you have 0 shot.
My thoughts...he traveled with a friend, not his parents. If he was here as an actual recruit, my guess is at least one parent would be here.

He also hasn't indicated he has been offered on X, like he has with other offers.

Maybe he is wowed during trip and gives some indication he might flip. He would then get offer, visit again with parent, then flip and sign during second signing period.

::big eyes emoji::

Nothing is off the table

Once these kids get around each other, if the vibes are good, the vibes with coaches is good, if the university environment is vibing good, good things happen.

We got him on campus, with a lot of other talented kids, some he knows.

He likes the staff.

The weather for December is beautiful.

If tonight goes well, who knows what tomorrow brings.

My thoughts...he traveled with a friend, not his parents. If he was here as an actual recruit, my guess is at least one parent would be here.

He also hasn't indicated he has been offered on X, like he has with other offers.

Maybe he is wowed during trip and gives some indication he might flip. He would then get offer, visit again with parent, then flip and sign during second signing period.
Did Edwards’ parents come with him, or just Bolden?

Our first 5 star visit in how long???

giphy.gif

Sounds like someone is making an assumption. I doubt that came from the player.
Yeah, got me, my friend. Just passing along the article. I'm hopeful Bolden has interest in SU! :)

I've never understood why the prior administrations did not want the old football starts engaged? what did they think they were going to do?
You need to be a football coach to understand. These guys are supremely motivated to the point of obsession. Because of that and the nature of the business (fired if you don't perform QUICKLY), they become very, VERY protective of everything around the program. They want to control every facet of the football team.

Former players feel super invested in the school they went to and the team they bled for. They may have issues with the coach and how he conducts himself, practices, the way he works with players, etc. In this day and age, those former players also have very loud megaphones by way of social media.

If you're a control freak constantly obsessing over every little detail, bringing in former players who don't move the needle with current players seems like a game of diminishing returns. You might get flak, former players might talk to current players and complain about the coach and the scheme, and that's something out of your control.

You don't want to deal with it if you can't control it. Bringing in the Andre Fontenettes of the world or the Troy Nunes of the world doesn't push the needle enough. Dwight Freeney and McNabb do. There's less risk and more reward with those former players.

It's also how just about every SID for every major college football team deals with media requests, etc. Basically, they try to keep everything in-house and control the message as much as humanly possible. If you're a coach, former players are a distraction. Here's hoping Coach Fran can control that side of it while bringing them meaningfully into the fold.

Folks just sit back and enjoy the ride. We are going to be getting plenty of good news this weekend. Let's let HCFB and our now official DC ER do their thing. Grab a cold bev and enjoy.
OFFERED> KJ BOLDEN 5 STAR***** S BUFORD HS, BUFORD, GA, FL ST COMMIT
*#10 SAFETY / 6' 185 / 4.48 40/ 10.74 100/ 21.82 200/ 21.675 LJ/ 46.25 TJ

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

>VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49<

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 - BO JACKSON FASTEST RECORDED ALL TIME 4.13, 1986 AUBURN INDOORS

I PUT UP ON3's EVAL BELOW

Default Avatar

S / 6-0 / 185
Buford
Buford, GA

AS A RECRUIT​

INDUSTRY

RANKING
NATL.10S1GA1
CLASS2024
COMMITTED
Committed Team
8/05/23
On3 DB / KJ Bolden
As a College Recruit
One of more versatile athletes in the 2024 cycle with considerable upside as a safety. Measured in at 6-foot, 185 pounds prior to his senior season. Has good length with 32-inch arms. Posted strong track marks as a high school underclassman with a personal best of 10.76 seconds in the 100 meters. Also tests well in the combine setting. Plays both ways for Georgia powerhouse Buford High as a receiver and defensive back. Projects as a defensive back and likely at safety long-term, where his combination of athleticism and length makes him one of the nation's best. Flashes outstanding play speed on Friday nights. Closes quickly with physicality in defending the flats. Has shown good deep range in coverage both on Friday nights and in 7-on-7. Played a bunch of offense as a junior. Shows good play-making ability and overall athleticism on that side. While his ball skills are good for a safety, they would need to improve were he to play offense in college. Has not replicated his impressive track times later in his high school career. Has a relatively smaller sample size relative to some of his highly-touted peers on defense heading into his senior season.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY HIGH FBIQ
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES THE BALL
SEEMS FASTER THAN HIS 4.48 40
MORE THAN 50% of THE FILM HAD HIM A WR
VERY ELUSIVE
ON D HE CLOSES VERY QUICKLY AND HITS HIS TARGET VERY HARD AND LOW IMMEDIATELY TAKING THE TARGET DOWN

* BEST SAFETY AND OVERALL ATHLETE I HAVE EVALUATED PLAYING BOTH WAYS
GREAT ATHLETE

It's just a fun free visit with his friend. I will believe nothing more than that for my own sanity.
I agree, however FSU has been on this kid for awhile and wine and dined him so you are probably right, just a free ride on us. Still it can be helpful by opening the door by just him telling his friends what the program is like, so all and all we may benefit from it. To me King is the main guy here that will open the door to Burford HS and help promote Syracuse University while he is kicking butt and taking names on the football field for us. Go Orange

I agree, however FSU has been on this kid for awhile and wine and dined him so you are probably right, just a free ride on us. Still it can be helpful by opening the door by just him telling his friends what the program is like, so all and all we may benefit from it. To me King is the main guy here that will open the door to Burford HS and help promote Syracuse University while he is kicking butt and taking names on the football field for us. Go Orange
And you never know what may happen in the future from a portal perspective.

King doesn’t attend Buford and while Hoschton is only a couple towns over and he works out in Suwanee which is adjacent to Buford I wouldn’t call him a door opener to Buford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom