Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

I think both are terrific athletes. Broyld was/is far stronger (Womack is seriously thin at 170 pounds), Womack is faster.

Not to demean Ashton, who has been a favorite of mine since he was a junior at RHS, but the biggest difference between them is that Womack is an excellent student where Ashton struggled with academics in HS.

To this date, Ashton continues to struggle with some with the playbook playing the hybrid position (all the moves haven't helped him). That probably isn't a coincidence.

Womack is much more likely to be able to handle the mental aspects of running a sophisticated offense, making the proper checkdowns and reads, etc.

Time will tell. Again, I like the athletic ability of these two incoming QBs a lot but am perhaps even more encouraged by their academics. The last guy we had at QB who was really good academically in HS was Ryan Nassib. He ended up being one of the most honored SU football players ever for his academics. I think it wasn't a coincidence he ended up executing the offense so well...
Agree

Brown? Who dat?
images

I understand Womack is an athlete and I think I would rather him at QB at this point. That being said his speed is also very enticing at WR but how easy is it to come in and learn routes and be reliable? Plus does anyone know if he can catch the ball, let alone in traffic? Does a transition from QB to WR usually work out?

I understand Womack is an athlete and I think I would rather him at QB at this point. That being said his speed is also very enticing at WR but how easy is it to come in and learn routes and be reliable? Plus does anyone know if he can catch the ball, let alone in traffic? Does a transition from QB to WR usually work out?
He's played WR before, so it's not like we'd be forcing him to play a position he's never played.

If Rex arrives in January as expected, next Spring could be very very interesting! Let the best man win and move the other athletically gifted QB to another position on offense where he can be a contributor.

A QB who runs 4.4 demands a ton of attention by the LBers and DBs. And as they keep an eye on the QB lots of room for receivers to settle into space. Coverage suffers and when you add in some good RBs now you start "cooking"!

If Rex arrives in January as expected, next Spring could be very very interesting! Let the best man win and move the other athletically gifted QB to another position on offense where he can be a contributor.

Yep, should be the best QB competition in a long, long time. Especially if AJ has the chance to redshirt this year. Two RF's in Womack and Dungey, a RS in Long with a year of playing under his belt, a RJ in Wilson (maybe he makes a Nassib leap) and the most highly regarded true frosh QB in Culpepper we've had on campus in at least 10 years.

Last edited:
This reminds me a bit of Denard Robinson. More of an athlete than a QB but he led some proficient offenses up at Michigan. Defenses were downright scared of him because of his speed. Now he's playing RB in the NFL not QB.

EDIT: Not saying I think Womack won't be a good QB but this comparison came to mind.

SUFaninNJ said:

Don't want to count AJ out completely... But one of those young QB's handing it off to RW?

Sign me up.

It helps that both are great athletes. Dungey might not be as horizontally explosive, but he is a hell of a basketball player and high jump champion. Kid has serious ups. IMO, this is a very good problem to have.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago when Andrew Robinson was playing TE. Baby steps...

I for one really really want Womack to be the answer at QB, and I know Lester is saying all the right things, I just hope he gets a fair shake at qb first. I know the thought will always be in the back of his head that he would be an easy transition to WR, I just hope that doesn't weigh into the decision. I'm assuming Dungey would move to TE? That's not exactly as enticing as Womack to WR. I just hope he comes in and blows the doors off this thing and we finally get a break and catch lightning in the bottle.

#Hardnosed said:
Rex Culpepper to 4 year starter

As long as at least one of them turns into a difference maker, but if I had a slight preference, it would be Culpepper. Only because he comes from a school and area that could become a great feeder for SU.

I for one really really want Womack to be the answer at QB, and I know Lester is saying all the right things, I just hope he gets a fair shake at qb first. I know the thought will always be in the back of his head that he would be an easy transition to WR, I just hope that doesn't weigh into the decision. I'm assuming Dungey would move to TE? That's not exactly as enticing as Womack to WR. I just hope he comes in and blows the doors off this thing and we finally get a break and catch lightning in the bottle.
I really don't care who does it. I just want a competent QB accurate enough to complete passes, enough movement to run the ball a bit, and the ability to win enough games to go to any bowl game. As SU fans we all need some success. It doesn't matter who it is or what their last name is. Someone, Anyone!?

Rex Culpepper to 4 year starter

Still need a backup who is competent. I really like where things are headed at the position and this is the best I've felt in a long time about it. If Edouard somehow winds his way back to us (unlikely) that just adds to it.

I really don't care who does it. I just want a competent QB accurate enough to complete passes, enough movement to run the ball a bit, and the ability to win enough games to go to any bowl game. As SU fans we all need some success. It doesn't matter who it is or what their last name is. Someone, Anyone!?

I mean the odds are in our favor. We have to catch a break eventually. Even teams like Kansas, and Wake were able to catch lightning in a bottle for a season, and hung around the top 5 en route to a major bowl game. I would die for one of those seasons. But like you said I don't care who does it just that someone does. I really think the qb's we will have next year, at least 1 of them will pan out. It's just frustrating flipping through the channels on Saturday and seeing basically everyone tossing it around the field like they are playing 7 on 7. Now that can't all be qb, but having one who has the ability to do that gets us off to the right start.

This reminds me a bit of Denard Robinson. More of an athlete than a QB but he led some proficient offenses up at Michigan. Defenses were downright scared of him because of his speed. Now he's playing RB in the NFL not QB.

EDIT: Not saying I think Womack won't be a good QB but this comparison came to mind.

Has a better more accurate arm than Denard Robinson ever had.

Last edited:
Has a better more accurate arm than Denard Robinson ever had.
Again why are you ha wing this discussion on the recruiting board? These are current players not recruits Get these conversations going on the football board where they belong

Again why are you ha wing this discussion on the recruiting board? These are current players not recruits Get these conversations going on the football board where they belong

As soon as they are on the official su com roster OK...untill then they are recruits. And I am waiting for that frickin update to the official roster!