Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

I'm just gonna put this here, for use in the future whenever Kenterius does something spectacular:

I have been gone for days and am just getting caught up but it looks like Kenterius was popular at the Chiefs game.
Must have gotten a kick out of being spotted at the game.

I have been gone for days and am just getting caught up but it looks like Kenterius was popular at the Chiefs game.
Every time I see him, it's like looking in a mirror.

OrangeXtreme said:
They had a sell-out crowd of 12,000+ last night. Must be the free tickets and fireworks. Can't be the 29-54 baseball.

I think it was because of the Pink Kow.

image-3507314719.jpg

Saw several SU folks there. Few football players, Matt Park, Z Sims.

So everyone read Bailey's article this morning about how Lester thinks that Dungey and Womack are far too talented to both stick at QB, and that he thinks one of them is going to wind up playing a different position by next spring?

And you know how everyone is wondering why we seemingly stopped recruiting WRs? You can't spell Kenterius Womack without WR, that's why. Barring something completely unexpected, the coaches anticipate Womack becoming a receiver (yes, he's played some WR in high school, combined with the fact that he's 6-2 or 6-3 and runs a supposed 4.4).

So everyone read Bailey's article this morning about how Lester thinks that Dungey and Womack are far too talented to both stick at QB, and that he thinks one of them is going to wind up playing a different position by next spring?

And you know how everyone is wondering why we seemingly stopped recruiting WRs? You can't spell Kenterius Womack without WR, that's why. Barring something completely unexpected, the coaches anticipate Womack becoming a receiver (yes, he's played some WR in high school, combined with the fact that he's 6-2 or 6-3 and runs a supposed 4.4).
I think Womack is going to produce in ways Broyld never could.

Speculation or knowledge?

Because (while I'm happy Dungey wears orange and hope he's productive for us) I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say that Womack looks to have a higher ceiling (in the McPherson/Graves/McNabb tradition) than all the other quarterback recruits and hope, if he's up to it, that he becomes the four-year starter at that position.

that wasn't my takeaway just yet. what if they both show they can be program quarterbacks ?

Lester said he'll be lenient with the mental mistakes in the early going as he understands the transition to college ball is not easy, but added that if he's certain one of the guys will clearly be a program quarterback or that another absolutely will not, he won't be hesitant to move a player.

"You're going to take your time trying to find a great quarterback, period," Lester said. "Then, once I'm 100 percent sure that he's not a great, great, great quarterback, you (make the decision). It doesn't just happen overnight. I'm not going to have a quick trigger when I think I have two guys who have huge upside."

Barring a surprising rise or fall from one of the players, spring practice next year will likely be the barometer in which the two are judged.

that wasn't my takeaway just yet. what if they both show they can be program quarterbacks ?

Lester said he'll be lenient with the mental mistakes in the early going as he understands the transition to college ball is not easy, but added that if he's certain one of the guys will clearly be a program quarterback or that another absolutely will not, he won't be hesitant to move a player.

"You're going to take your time trying to find a great quarterback, period," Lester said. "Then, once I'm 100 percent sure that he's not a great, great, great quarterback, you (make the decision). It doesn't just happen overnight. I'm not going to have a quick trigger when I think I have two guys who have huge upside."

Barring a surprising rise or fall from one of the players, spring practice next year will likely be the barometer in which the two are judged.
If they both show they can be program QBs, that's the best possible problem to have. I love Womack's potential at QB...but I think that, like me, the coaches see "6-3, 4.4 speed" and think that if anyone can be moved to another position (WR) it's him. I know for a fact they've considered it, too. So backing up to speculation or knowledge from an earlier post: a little from column A, a little from column B.

Totally agree with the article. Lester is not going to make a quick decision. He will watch them throughout the summer and fall. Scout team work will be huge for both QB's. Whoever looks the best will stay at QB. I definitely agree the Womack will be a excellent WR. I will also say this. Because of his potential as a WR, if he's not switched there after spring 2016, watch out, that means the staff thinks he is a future star at QB. They wouldnt keep him at QB when he can be a starter at WR. Very interesting situation. Im looking foward to seeing the outcome and seeing if AJ can do something to hold these guys off, including Culpepper.

If they both show they can be program QBs, that's the best possible problem to have. I love Womack's potential at QB...but I think that, like me, the coaches see "6-3, 4.4 speed" and think that if anyone can be moved to another position (WR) it's him. I know for a fact they've considered it, too. So backing up to speculation or knowledge from an earlier post: a little from column A, a little from column B.

if he's more like Pat White than Kevin Johnson I for one hope they leave him at QB and will be pissed if they don't. If he's accurate with the football you leave him there.

College QBs who can run and make something out of nothing are way more valuable to a program like syracuse.

The QB they should move is Brown (EDIT LONG) LOL

Last edited:
Totally agree with the article. Lester is not going to make a quick decision. He will watch them throughout the summer and fall. . . . . . team work will be huge for both QB's. Whoever looks the best will stay at QB. I definitely agree the Womack will be a excellent WR. I will also say this. Because of his potential as a WR, if he's not switched there after spring 2016, watch out, that means the staff thinks he is a future star at QB. They wouldnt keep him at QB when he can be a starter at WR. Very interesting situation. Im looking foward to seeing the outcome and seeing if AJ can do something to hold these guys off, including Culpepper.
Agree with this. I think they switch Womack unless he's CLEARLY better than the guys around him. If everyone is about on equal footing, they'll move him because he's such a dynamic athlete, so he's the guy that's the easiest to move. But like you say...if they keep him at QB...that means he's got something special, at least in the eyes of the coaches.

if he's more like Pat White than Kevin Johnson I for one hope they leave him at QB and will be pissed if they don't. If he's accurate with the football you leave him there.

College QBs who can run and make something out of nothing are way more valuable to a program like syracuse.

The QB they should move is Brown.
I agree. I will take a C+ thrower who is a B+ athlete at QB. That balances out to be a B. lol

PhatOrange said:
if he's more like Pat White than Kevin Johnson I for one hope they leave him at QB and will be pissed if they don't. If he's accurate with the football you leave him there. College QBs who can run and make something out of nothing are way more valuable to a program like syracuse. The QB they should move is Brown.

Brown? Who dat?

Either way - one of them could be throwing to the other. Dungey is a pretty fluid athlete too.

The QB they should move is Brown.
I'm not sure what exactly Lester is looking for in a QB, but Womack reminds me a lot f Boykin from TCU. Converted WR with great athletic ability. Womack might be our most explosive athlete as a true frosh.

Last edited:
Either way - one of them could be throwing to the other. Dungey is a pretty fluid athlete too.
Dungey is a GREAT athlete. The only reason I think Womack is the likelier to move is because 1) Dungey's delivery is a little more mechanically sound, and 2) Womack is faster.

I think Womack is going to produce in ways Broyld never could.
I think both are terrific athletes. Broyld was/is far stronger (Womack is seriously thin at 170 pounds), Womack is faster.

Not to demean Ashton, who has been a favorite of mine since he was a junior at RHS, but the biggest difference between them is that Womack is an excellent student where Ashton struggled with academics in HS.

To this date, Ashton continues to struggle with some with the playbook playing the hybrid position (all the moves haven't helped him). That probably isn't a coincidence.

Womack is much more likely to be able to handle the mental aspects of running a sophisticated offense, making the proper checkdowns and reads, etc.

Time will tell. Again, I like the athletic ability of these two incoming QBs a lot but am perhaps even more encouraged by their academics. The last guy we had at QB who was really good academically in HS was Ryan Nassib. He ended up being one of the most honored SU football players ever for his academics. I think it wasn't a coincidence he ended up executing the offense so well...

Dungey is a GREAT athlete. The only reason I think Womack is the likelier to move is because 1) Dungey's delivery is a little more mechanically sound, and 2) Womack is faster.

I have zero ability to judge QB talent but I hope they don't move Womack just because he is faster...wouldn't you want that speed touching the ball on every play if possible?