Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Sample Question:
When is it ok to give a recruit a big bag of cash:
A. Only on recruiting trip.
B. Only on home visit.
C. Never
D. Only if you are Kentucky
What should be done if you hear of impermissible benefits from a booster?
A. Report it to the athletics director
B. Report it to the NCAA
C. Look the other way
D. Let Mark Emmert know so that he can suspend Jim Boeheim again

Any idea what this convo entailed?

I'm really liking Mark Coyle right now.

I had wondered if Coyle had taken the test enabling him to contact recruits. It appears he's done so. VERY, VERY smart.
Maybe the next call should be to R.W.

Nah he is going the Juco route, ship has sailed
Didn't know that. I had heard that he was dislocated for a while and had to change HS's midstream. So it makes sense.

Forward me his number, I'll call Moe although I better sober up more from last night's binge before doing so.

Last edited:
Would he honor the commitment if he didn't know if Moe would be in the new coach's plans?

he would because Coyle has two eyes and can see how talented Neal is. He'd fit any system.

(i doubt he called them all. time will tell, I'm really curious to see if he did)

Last edited:
you guys who are reading into a HC being set (I'm not saying he hasn't) but it's not unprecedented for AD's to call recruits when there's no HC in place. The first AD that comes to mind is Rutgers AD Tim Pernetti who started recruiting and calling all of Schiano's kids. It's happened since then to with other AD's.

you guys who are reading into a HC being set (I'm not saying he hasn't) but it's not unprecedented for AD's to call recruits when there's no HC in place. The first AD that comes to mind is Rutgers AD Tim Pernetti who started recruiting and calling all of Schiano's kids. It's happened since then to with other AD's.

yeah but RU are morons. sorry, just had to toss in the daily RU insult.

he would because Coyle has two eyes and can see how talented Neal is. He'd fit any system.

(i doubt he called them all. time will tell, I'm really curious to see if he did)

Why not... a lot is at stake here. Plus, what message would it send the others when they know that he has reached to a few but not them. I think he has got a big cup of Joe in hand, headset on with a bunch of phone numbers in front of him.

Great move, Coyle. :)

Do we know if he's calling everyone? Or just the people who signed financial aid paperwork as Early enrollees?

Why not... a lot is at stake here. Plus, what message would it send the others when they know that he has reached to a few but not them. I think he has got a big cup of Joe in hand, headset on with a bunch of phone numbers in front of him.

Great move, Coyle. :)

I like ALL of our kids but realistically the problem with that is your hand cuffing a new coach with an entire class of players some of which he might not want. Even Marrone turned kids away.

So far we have Neal (a no brainer offensive athlete), Holloway (a much needed DEnd) and Culpepper (a no brainer much needed QB).

Last edited: