Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

My cure has been to just try to stay away from social media and the forum as much as possible on gameday. I've been VASTLY happier as a result.

And the immediate days after. LOL

Hearing that wake is most likely destination for Neal.
Would you be able to elaborate on this? If this is true I must have missed something because I thought he was all Orange still.

Out of curiosity, I decided to check around. And I'm told that he's completely Orange right now. The only thing that might change things is if Shafer is gone, but even then it's not at all a given.

Yeah I guess that is why he still shows he is a Syracuse commit on his twitter page and is RTing tweets from Syracuse fans last night.

Oh ok, I don't follow twitter, just what I was told. Time will tell I guess

Neal led the Jaguars with 173 total yards—65 rushing, 65 passing, and 43 receiving. In addition to the 32-yard touchdown reception, he scored on a 5-yard rush.

If somebody teaches Moe how to punt, he could be the next Riley Dixon! ;)

Come on Moe...stick with us. If we bring in a guy like Scott Frost, imagine what you can do in an Oregon-style offense.

It was directed at the whole of the fanbase. A lot of guys committed to the staff and not the University. Getting rid of the staff means there will be decommits. I've tried to discuss this prior and been shot down as being speculative and making mountains out of mole hills.

Not to worry though, I've been told by many on the main board here that all of our commits are replaceable and Shafer was overrated as a recruiter anyway.

You're kidding me right? You're saying that in what I assume is in response to me? One of the most vocal supporters of Shafer, who didn't want him fired? Give me a break.
Exactly. Jekelish has been defending the wall for SS and you mock him for sending good vibes to a commit.

It was directed at the whole of the fanbase. A lot of guys committed to the staff and not the University. Getting rid of the staff means there will be decommits. I've tried to discuss this prior and been shot down as being speculative and making mountains out of mole hills.

Not to worry though, I've been told by many on the main board here that all of our commits are replaceable and Shafer was overrated as a recruiter anyway.

Good.

No one said there wouldn't be decommits. The question now is who, and how many? No one knows, but we're about to find out.

If what you say is true about players committing to the staff and not the university, I have a question and a comment.

How do you know this?

It is very risky to commit to a staff and not a school. Especially a staff that wasn't tearing it up on the field in terms of wins. But kids will be kids.

No one said there wouldn't be decommits. The question now is who, and how many? No one knows, but we're about to find out.

If what you say is true about players committing to the staff and not the university, I have a question and a comment.

How do you know this?

It is very risky to commit to a staff and not a school. Especially a staff that wasn't tearing it up on the field in terms of wins. But kids will be kids.

Players have stated the same. Shafer and staff are the reason they were coming here. I'm not taking liberty with the statement. As you said some will stay and some will go. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. Short-term its probably gonna be painful. Is what it is at this point.

Players have stated the same. Shafer and staff are the reason they were coming here. I'm not taking liberty with the statement. As you said some will stay and some will go. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. Short-term its probably gonna be painful. Is what it is at this point.
AND Shafer always told recruits to choose the school that want to go to by the school and not the coach, because you never know what will happen to the coaches.

Louie and Bouie said:
It was directed at the whole of the fanbase. A lot of guys committed to the staff and not the University. Getting rid of the staff means there will be decommits. I've tried to discuss this prior and been shot down as being speculative and making mountains out of mole hills. Not to worry though, I've been told by many on the main board here that all of our commits are replaceable and Shafer was overrated as a recruiter anyway.

You lose some with a coaching change - that's always the risk. But if you replace L's with W's and increased competency - recruiting will be fine.

I hope Moe at least waits it out to hear about who the next coach might be.

Eggs Hackley!
And it really makes no earthly difference at this point anyway...it's done and we'll have to deal.