Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Moe Neal Leads Forestview Jags to Season-Opening Vistory over Providence Day
Jeff Posted: August 22, 2015

The Jaguars started fast, then got sluggish. But they held on for a 28-14 victory over visiting Providence Day. Moe Neal scored on runs of 37, 55, 22 and 61, in route to a 262 yard performance. With the help of two Tramone Duncan interceptions, Moe Neal scored his first two touchdown runs in the first quarter. After going for it on their own 30 yard line, the Jaguars failed to convert. Then Providence Day took over. Gabe Montgomery cut Forestview’s lead to 14-6 with a two-yard run, but the extra point failed. That would be the half-time score.

Neither offenses got going early in the third quarter. Forestview shot themselves in the foot with a snap that sailed over the quarterbacks head and in back of the end-zone for a safety. The ensuing kick put Providence in great field position. Penalties, however, would back the Chargers up.

The Jaguars would find the end zone again late in the third quarter with Moe Neal’s 22 yard touchdown run. Providence Day responded in the fourth quarter. Montgomery punched another touchdown in from the one-yard line. The kick was bobbled and the Chargers attempted to make a pass play out of it for the two-point conversion, but failed.

But Forestview would break the Chargers’ backs with Moe Neal’s 61-yard touchdown run.

Darryl McNeil, Tremayne Duncan, Rhett Jenkins and Kobe Adams each registered a sack/combined sack for the Jaguars. Tramone Duncan picked off Chargers’ quarterback John Schweitzer twice and Trell McCaskill registered an interception at the end of the game. Adams also recovered a Chargers fumble. Ross Berry sacked Forestview quarterback Colton Guthrie once and he, Cole Brown and Eric Cal assisted on another sack.

“Forestview’s a great football team.” Said Chargers head coach Adam Hastings “The running back’s good, the defense is good. We had our chances but just couldn’t capitalize. We’re just young as a team in some positions so we’re going to have to grow as a team and I’m confident we’ll do that.”

“We’re 1-0. We have a lot to correct, but I’m just glad we pulled it out.” Said Forestview head coach Chris Medlin “I felt like we were in control. We played a good team.”

Forestview travels to take on Clover next week. Clover lost 40-0 to Westside. Providence Day plays Bishop Sullivan (VA) at Campbell University.

I might be wrong but Forestview is not a private school. The FB program plays in a 2A/3A Big South conference and plays both E. Gaston, where RW was going to transfer to and N. Gaston HS.

You are not wrong (of course :))
The team they beat week 1, Providence Day, is a private school however.

According to the Tortora interview with Roberts father Moe and Robert no longer talk.

According to the Tortora interview with Roberts father Moe and Robert no longer talk.
Obviously, everything from both sides should be taken with a grain of salt, since there's no way any of us can possibly know what's truly going on. But that's definitely interesting if true.

Maybe because his father wasn't having him run a 4.47 second dash away from his commitment. Good luck in his future endeavors, but next man up.

Last edited:
Obviously, everything from both sides should be taken with a grain of salt, since there's no way any of us can possibly know what's truly going on. But that's definitely interesting if true.
And a shame, I really can't stand to see a family in turmoil over a stupid game. I know nothing of what is going on, so it may be over much more than football, but if the root of the problem is football, then I just have to shake my head. This is a game, it has always been a game, it shouldn't break apart families. Rant over.

I don't want to turn this into another RW thread...just putting that there as why Roberts De-commitment may have no influence on Moe.

I don't want to turn this into another RW thread...just putting that there as why Roberts De-commitment may have no influence on Moe.
I know. And this is the last thing I'll say on the matter, because it's supporting this very real possibility of having happened: I do find it strange that Moe, Colon, etc all still heap praise on RW Sr whenever given the chance. Obviously they don't live under his roof or rules and never have so things are different for them, but it's odd given their supposed closeness to RW to basically, publicly, take his dad's side. It lends credence to the idea that RW and Moe have drifted apart, and that Moe's decision to pick SU truly was his own and won't be impacted by Robert's decision.

I also find it interesting that Robert talked a big game about how he thought Moe, Colon and himself were a real possibility of being a package deal and turns out it's looking like none of them will be playing college ball together

I also find it interesting that Robert talked a big game about how he thought Moe, Colon and himself were a real possibility of being a package deal and turns out it's looking like none of them will be playing college ball together
and he also boasted about how he was going to come here, restore the (RB) tradition and "turn us around". All BS. You learn a lot about a kid's character during recruiting. Best of luck, but a little strange for R-Diva to blame SU for his family drama.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see him suit up in Orange! Ahh, wait... with our uniforms that might mean grey, white or some other color. I should just say I can't wait to see him step foot on the football field in Syracuse!

Nicknack said:
Can't wait to see him suit up in Orange! Ahh, wait... with our uniforms that might mean grey, white or some other color. I should just say I can't wait to see him step foot on the football field in Syracuse!

Not this year - expect lots of orange

Thought this was pretty cool

Moe Neal ‏@Captainmoe21_ 19h19 hours ago
.....Loading
1f608.png
1f608.png
1f608.png
@Ambition1_

I love the fact that Moe and Erv have formed such a strong bond, since Moe is basically Erv v2.0.

Moe is faster than Erv, but otherwise, go back and watch Erv's senior highlights...it's eerily similar to watching Moe.

That doesn't sound good...I think, not versed in twitter speak.
It's just some random Oklahoma fan tweeting at him. Yes, Moe retweeted it, but he also retweeted a Syracuse fan's response, which said simply, "Nah."

Moe's twitter header is him wearing a Syracuse hat, his Twitter picture is him in a Syracuse jersey, and his profile says he's a commit to Syracuse.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with this one.

It's just some random Oklahoma fan tweeting at him. Yes, Moe retweeted it, but he also retweeted a Syracuse fan's response, which said simply, "Nah."

Moe's twitter header is him wearing a Syracuse hat, his Twitter picture is him in a Syracuse jersey, and his profile says he's a commit to Syracuse.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with this one.

No offense, but you said that about 4 months ago regarding another NC player.