Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

For those of you who asked about the pic I posted earlier of the orange bullet train, that's the The TGV Sud Est, in Lyon, Paris in 1982.

Aaaaaaanyway, let's go Moe!

A little help, please...
Fairly new to the forum as a poster, but have followed for years, more on the ball side of things. I saw where Moe might be used "in the new hybrid position..." and I have to admit, since I'm such a humble and honest guy, what is a hybrid position?
Easiest description I can give is similar to a Wingback. Will run some, will catch some and will block. Could line up or motion to the backfield and could line up or motion to the Slot. Kind of a Slash if you will.

Easiest description I can give is similar to a Wingback. Will run some, will catch some and will block. Could line up or motion to the backfield and could line up or motion to the Slot. Kind of a Slash if you will.
Basically, think about how Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin are used, and I think that's more or less what we can expect from the express back/hybrid.

Basically, think about how Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin are used, and I think that's more or less what we can expect from the express back/hybrid.
The only way that I'll disagree is that those guys were used out of true Spread sets, whereas that won't be the case here.

The only way that I'll disagree is that those guys were used out of true Spread sets, whereas that won't be the case here.
Agreed - just meant in simplest terms (as in, player comparison) those are the guys who run AND catch the way I expect Moe/Erv/etc to.

Agreed - just meant in simplest terms (as in, player comparison) those are the guys who run AND catch the way I expect Moe/Erv/etc to.
I'd expect 15-20 touches from our Hybrid's - this year. Probably another 25-30 from our RB's and 30-35 pass attempts per game, as an average. That puts us at about 75 plays per game, I think the run to pass ratio on avg will fall close to 53/47 run to pass, somewhere in that area.

I'm sure it will depend game to game though.

I'd expect 15-20 touches from our Hybrid's - this year. Probably another 25-30 from our RB's and 30-35 pass attempts per game, as an average. That puts us at about 75 plays per game, I think the run to pass ratio on avg will fall close to 53/47 run to pass, somewhere in that area.

I'm sure it will depend game to game though.

Sounds logical but personally I would like to see fewer pass attempts. 25 vs 30-35.

Watched Moe's tape, then compared it to Kerryon Johnson's junior and senior tape. We're getting a steal. Moe's just as agile as Kerryon. Probably a bit faster. Only thing Kerryon has on Moe is a few pounds. Maybe 10-15.

No way is Moe a 3*. He's easily a 4, and maybe a 5.

Sounds logical but personally I would like to see fewer pass attempts. 25 vs 30-35.
Depends. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts by the end of the season because we're playing down a lot and have to throw to try to catch up at the end of games, that's not good. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts per game because Hunt can be efficient handling that volume and that's our game plan, I feel really good about that.

What's weird is that 35 passing attempts per game isn't actually a lot. 35 X 12 games gets you 420 passing attempts - that doesn't even land you in the top 30 last season. If you average 30 attempts per game you fall outside of the top 60.

Because I just saw that horse lying over their twitch, I'd like to take a second to remind everyone again that we're the only P5 school that plays in a Dome, so it's really, really weird that we're not one of the teams at the top of this statistic every season.

Great get by the staff we got ourselves a player here.

Depends. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts by the end of the season because we're playing down a lot and have to throw to try to catch up at the end of games, that's not good. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts per game because Hunt can be efficient handling that volume and that's our game plan, I feel really good about that.

What's weird is that 35 passing attempts per game isn't actually a lot. 35 X 12 games gets you 420 passing attempts - that doesn't even land you in the top 30 last season. If you average 30 attempts per game you fall outside of the top 60.

Because I just saw that horse lying over their twitch, I'd like to take a second to remind everyone again that we're the only P5 school that plays in a Dome, so it's really, really weird that we're not one of the teams at the top of this statistic every season.

No argument with anything you say. I am not over the moon as far as T Hunt's throwing prowess so would like to emphasize the run more, depending on game situation as you said.

they really enjoyed the game last weekend and with all the orange they were wearing that was not issued by Syracuse spoke volumes.

Most recruits who come here for games are emotionless ,these guys were high fiving during the game that is something you really don't see unless they are true fans.

My odds are a lot better than even from my seats:)
YEAH.....I knew they were orange the moment they sat down and I spotted them.

Very seldom do you see recruits that emotionally involved on a visit.

oct.13,2014 is when I called this

According to that recent article just above I was a little shocked when I read this but maybe some schools do this:

Now, Neal's trying to convince Colon to take a trip up to see Syracuse. Colon has a friendship with Neal and Washington that dates back to middle school, and the three have long considered playing together in college.

"He said he would like to take a visit up there," Neal said. "We'd all like to play with each other."

The curveball in this situation: Penn State will pull Colon's scholarship if he takes an official visit to another school, Neal said.

According to that recent article just above I was a little shocked when I read this but maybe some schools do this:

Now, Neal's trying to convince Colon to take a trip up to see Syracuse. Colon has a friendship with Neal and Washington that dates back to middle school, and the three have long considered playing together in college.

"He said he would like to take a visit up there," Neal said. "We'd all like to play with each other."

The curveball in this situation: Penn State will pull Colon's scholarship if he takes an official visit to another school, Neal said.

Flood has done that. I know it caused an uproar of the RU fanbase a couple years ago.

Franklin is such a tool. If Colon blows out his knee, I am sure Mr Moral High Ground Franklin won't try and replace him and push him out, right? Franklin probably pressured him to commit with remaining slots dwindling. Push a kid to commit early and things can happen. Like a 17 year old changing his mind. Or in guys case doing your due dilligence and visiting another school or two.

I love it. High stakes. Means if he comes, he's signing.

This kid is flat out a play maker. Man I really want Colon as well. This class is panning out to be a decent one. Lets have a nice season and make it to a bowl game this year and keep the momentum going.

If Franklin was very secure in his recruiting and was genuinely looking out for any kids best interests he would let them take other visits to schools to make sure they are where they want to belong. Cowards if they hold the ships hostage to the kids best interests.