Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Ran into Moe at half, and he looked like a good sized kid. I'm 6'2 and he was only a couple inches shorter then me. He looked pretty solid too. He's only listed at 5'10 161lb over at Rivlz, but i'd say he was closer to 5'11 190lb.

Told him great job picking Cuse, can't wait to see him at the eXpress Back. He smiled and thanked me. Looked to be with his Father?
Did you get a chance to ask him if he has seen Robert Washington in his travels?

Sat behind Moe Neal and his family yesterday at the game. Super nice group. I was bummed I didn't get there early enough to get one of the 44 towels, so Moe Neal's mom gave me one of theirs haha. His dad asked me a bunch of questions about SU, which was great because I kept trying to talk to my GF about Cuse and I think she only understood about 50% of what I saw saying lol

Sat behind Moe Neal and his family yesterday at the game. Super nice group. I was bummed I didn't get there early enough to get one of the 44 towels, so Moe Neal's mom gave me one of theirs haha. His dad asked me a bunch of questions about SU, which was great because I kept trying to talk to my GF about Cuse and I think she only understood about 50% of what I saw saying lol

Did they enjoy the game and the loud house?

Did they enjoy the game and the loud house?

From what I could tell, his mom most notably... But honestly, she seemed like the type of person who could have fun if you dropped her off anywhere on planet earth haha she had tons of energy, very fun loving. In comparison to his dad, who you could tell was more interested in what was going on on the field. He was wondering what was going on with AJ Long, thought he was the best option after Dungey went out and I can't say that I disagree... Though, now we know Mahoney can ball too. I told him about the injury to his hand, how he was probably a little rusty still from not having the reps, and might not have the new offense down yet.

With RW committed, I know the plan was to bring in Neal as the Xback. With RW now out, keeping him at that position is a big mistake. BIG! This kid is a feature tailback that you want touching the ball as many times as possible. No inside info but I can speculate he may be being told the same. We have good young depth at Xback, give him the ball 20+ times a game.

With RW committed, I know the plan was to bring in Neal as the Xback. With RW now out, keeping him at that position is a big mistake. BIG! This kid is a feature tailback that you want touching the ball as many times as possible. No inside info but I can speculate he may be being told the same. We have good young depth at Xback, give him the ball 20+ times a game.

Neal is probably the best fit for the express back position due to his proficiency catching the ball and getting yards afterwards. He's definitely good enough to be our runningback but with J-Fred at RB, Neal and he could be on the field at the same time.

Hey if he can handle it you let him learn both roles. Talk about multiple!

We're in on some other feature backs too though for 2016

CL, you got a thread coming up for Greg Ruff? Or is he not in consideration by SU? Moe's tweet makes it sound like Ruff's got an offer.

CL, you got a thread coming up for Greg Ruff? Or is he not in consideration by SU? Moe's tweet makes it sound like Ruff's got an offer.

I think this is more a case of Moe wanting to give some attention to a friend. He has no offers yet. His height may be a factor.

I think this is more a case of Moe wanting to give some attention to a friend. He has no offers yet. His height may be a factor.
Out of high school, Ameer Abdullah was 5'9" and 175 pounds. Greg Ruff is 5'9" and 160, according to the hudl film. Also, that hudl film looks pretty good, not as a QB, but as a running back.

Greg Ruff: Ameer Abdullah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwgkxB_5NE

Same issue as Eason. Both are vertically challenged and very light.

That being said speed is not taught.

James Mungro had a nice career too. Same with Delone Carter. Ant Bailey was a nice player as well.

We've had a lot of solid RBs measuring in at 5-9 or shorter.
...and even tho they weren't one of ours, how tall is Barry Sanders or (gulp) Ray Rice? 5'10" to 6'0" is probably near the average for most RB's.