Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Looks like he is leaving options on the table at this point. Unfortunate but is what it is and would never blame the kid for looking out for himself.
You have inside info? From Baileys tweet it sounds like he's getting his paperwork all set as his season just ended.

He would have the same options, even if he signs this particular agreement. It is completely non-binding on the player's part, but it is binding on the school's part.

Understood but not signing the financial aid agreement could be interpreted as leaving the door open dependent on what happens with the team and staff. I believe its a reasonable interpretation under the circumstances.

You have inside info? From Baileys tweet it sounds like he's getting his paperwork all set as his season just ended.

No inside information its just peculiar to me that the same paperwork signed by Culpepper on todays date wouldn't be available for Neal as an early enrollee. I'm not trying to start a fire here was just sharing my thoughts. There are certainly other possible reasons as to why he didn't sign his financial aid agreement today. It just seems odd to me. Nothing more than that.

No inside information its just peculiar to me that the same paperwork signed by Culpepper on todays date wouldn't be available for Neal as an early enrollee. I'm not trying to start a fire here was just sharing my thoughts. There are certainly other possible reasons as to why he didn't sign his financial aid agreement today. It just seems odd to me. Nothing more than that.
There is no significance to this day for football recruits. It may be LOI day for basketball, but it's just another day for football and these college letters have no binding force on recruits. But you can still be nervous if you want to be.

There is a decent chance we lose Moe if there is a staff change. I think we all know that. let's just see how everything plays out

There is no significance to this day for football recruits. It may be LOI day for basketball, but it's just another day for football and these college letters have no binding force on recruits. But you can still be nervous if you want to be.

I disagree. While understanding there is no binding effect on the student there is a binding effect on the University. Further, there is additional significance to the signing of the financial aid agreement for an proposed early enrollee. For one, without it, he cannot attend school in the Spring semester as has been proposed by Moe Neal. Second, and very importantly, the signing of said agreement allows for unlimited contact by staff and the recruit outside of the normal recruiting cycle and rules.

Once again, I do not know his intent but that he didn't sign certainly has some current consequence for both Syracuse and the recruit. That is without doubt based upon the above.

It was down to Wake and us. He choose wisely and I don't see him backing out of it. *I have no inside info, just a feeling*

To be clear I'd say there is no reason NOT to sign the papers for any intended early enrollee. If the staff changes this agreement is essentially forcing the school to take him on even if the new staff doesn't want him/wants to pull his offer. If that happens obviously the kid would do everything he could to go anywhere else since that doesn't bind him to the school. But if he is unable to, he still has a scholly for at least one year. Or if there is an injury that could derail his career, he still has a lock in from the school.

In Moe's case, he clearly has other options if he decides Cuse is no longer for him if the staff leaves, but for other kids and as a general rule, I would fully endorse the signing of these papers for anybody in a position to do so.

Very few kids bother to sign the paperwork this early.

You are reading way, way, way too much into this. Moe is solid to SU right now (I say "right now" because if there's a coaching change, all bets are off with all of the recruits).

Matthew Moyer signed his LOI for basketball today, but Tyus Battle isn't until next week. I guess you'd say that Tyus Battle is leaving his options open?

can a recruit take a funded official visit after signing aid forms?

can a recruit take a funded official visit after signing aid forms?
I don't see why not. He's still allowed to investigate other schools, if he wanted to. It's not the end of the recruiting process. That process only ends in February.

Understood but not signing the financial aid agreement could be interpreted as leaving the door open dependent on what happens with the team and staff. I believe its a reasonable interpretation under the circumstances.

I read a lot of stuff on here that leaves the door open for me to interpret s
I don't see why not. He's still allowed to investigate other schools, if he wanted to. It's not the end of the recruiting process. That process only ends in February.

Unless he enrolls in January I presume

I read a lot of stuff on here that leaves the door open for me to interpret s

Unless he enrolls in January I presume
Well yeah. NLI day or whenever he's officially a student. But there's nothing stopping him from taking OVs to SU or anywhere else between now and then.

Guess I have to answer this as your assertion for some reason attempts to paint me as naïve. A comparison of the current state of the football program and the basketball program is so uneven your attempted point is lost on me. So no, I have no concerns about Tyus Battle.

I was attempting to provide facts about financial aid agreements and what it led me to believe in his situation. I thought I qualified all of my posts with what was fact and what was opinion. As and for your assertion that very few kids bother to sign this paperwork I would love for you to explain the basis of that statement and why you think the same. All early enrollees must sign this paperwork or they cannot enroll in school for the Spring semester. So why didn't he sign it again?

As for what I think, I believe he purposefully didn't sign the financial aid agreement as he awaits what's happening with HCSS and the coaching staff. I believe that if HCSS is gone so is Moe. I don't believe it was an oversight or he needs more time to get things together (Its not a complicated document). I believe his actions were purposeful and intentional.

As and for your statement that he is solid where does that come from? I feel like we've been down that road before. If he told you he's solid then kudos to you. Follow up with him and ask him if he stays committed if HCSS is gone. I'd be interested in his reply.
I think you need to read his post again (or get a thicker skin? :) ). I read his post twice, and didn't get that at all.

Probably just overworked and overtired. I was just trying to supply information about financial aid agreements and their significance and felt like I got jumped on for stating how I feel which I thought was well explained.

Anyway, its not important. I'm moving on and hope Moe is Orange someday.

And sorry for the strong words jek. Been a long day and this board can drive me nuts lately.

Probably just overworked and overtired. I was just trying to supply information about financial aid agreements and their significance and felt like I got jumped on for stating how I feel which I thought was well explained.

And sorry for the strong words jek. Been a long day and this board can drive me nuts lately.
Personally I have tried to spend more time on the Olympic Sports forum. It is a happier place. ;)

Plus the Mens Soccer game last night beating Clemson gave some satisfaction.

No worries. And my only point really was that there's no need to think pessimistically about Moe at this point. Everything he's said makes me think he's solid to SU, potentially even if Shafer goes (because Moe absolutely loves - LOVES - Floyd Little and seems to relish the chance of having him as a mentor).

Lots of reasons kids might not immediately sign the paperwork. Maybe he's making sure he's actually cleared to enroll in January, and everything is going as scheduled with regard to graduating early. Either way, I feel very good about seeing Moe in Orange.

No worries. And my only point really was that there's no need to think pessimistically about Moe at this point. Everything he's said makes me think he's solid to SU, potentially even if Shafer goes (because Moe absolutely loves - LOVES - Floyd Little and seems to relish the chance of having him as a mentor).

Lots of reasons kids might not immediately sign the paperwork. Maybe he's making sure he's actually cleared to enroll in January, and everything is going as scheduled with regard to graduating early. Either way, I feel very good about seeing Moe in Orange.

He's one where I feel like he's as committed to the school as the staff.

He's one where I feel like he's as committed to the school as the staff.
Honestly, I could be wrong, but I kinda get that vibe, too. He seems to really love the school and, like I said, Floyd. And those are two things that are not going ANYWHERE. I feel oddly confident that we'll hang onto Moe no matter what happens.

Honestly, I could be wrong, but I kinda get that vibe, too. He seems to really love the school and, like I said, Floyd. And those are two things that are not going ANYWHERE. I feel oddly confident that we'll hang onto Moe no matter what happens.

We can only hope this is the case, because I feel he is the best guy in our recruiting class right now

We can only hope this is the case, because I feel he is the best guy in our recruiting class right now
I agree with that. He's such a special athlete. He's got SEC speed and quickness.

Personally I have tried to spend more time on the Olympic Sports forum. It is a happier place. ;)

I found the cure for all the negativity. Spend 15 minutes reading comments on Syr.com. A few posts and I'm thankful for atleast the few extra brain cells most of the members here have.

I found the cure for all the negativity. Spend 15 minutes reading comments on Syr.com. A few posts and I'm thankful for atleast the few extra brain cells most of the members here have.
My cure has been to just try to stay away from social media and the forum as much as possible on gameday. I've been VASTLY happier as a result.

Gross' vision is complete. Our three strongest sports are - Womens Field Hockey, Mens Soccer and Mens track and Field. :)