Attn: CTO | Syracusefan.com

Attn: CTO

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
You do know that Kennesaw State's mascot is an owl. Is that a conflict of interest in who you will root for? Also, any chance we get someone for a basketball Q and A.
upload_2014-11-10_21-34-56.jpeg
images

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-10_21-35-15.jpeg
    upload_2014-11-10_21-35-15.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 90
1) The (last time we played an Owl team, We lost to Temple.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/70796/rapid-reaction-temple-83-syracuse-79

2) If there is interest in a basketball chat, I will ask Mike Waters if he would do one. He has done them in the past.. and has been very good.
I have two granddaughters who are Seniors at KSU. I'll be at the game but, of course, will be cheering for the 'Cuse! Remember, KSU almost made it to the College World Series in June. (Can't believe the radio announcers after the Carleton game had no clue where Kennesaw State was - especially after they did so well in baseball. Oh well.) They are not a team to sneer at, even for basketball. Don't ever assume! However, I believe the 'Cuse will prevail.

I have two granddaughters who are Seniors at KSU. I'll be at the game but, of course, will be cheering for the 'Cuse! Remember, KSU almost made it to the College World Series in June. (Can't believe the radio announcers after the Carleton game had no clue where Kennesaw State was - especially after they did so well in baseball. Oh well.) They are not a team to sneer at, even for basketball. Don't ever assume! However, I believe the 'Cuse will prevail.
I wanted my so to go to Kennesaw! He ended up going to Ga. St.

Kennesaw State is about 15 miles from my house...several of my relatives and friends went there, so it's with added interest I'll watch this cupcake team. LGO!! !!!

KSU has become a great school. I went to high school about 10 minutes up the road and when I was a fresh/soph in high school (about 2001) it was basically a jr college/commuter school. By the time I graduated college in 2007, it had become an average state University (I don't mean 'average' in a bad way). And now, it is a really legit state school. It is adding football and I think is now the 2nd largest University in Georgia. The campus looks NOTHING like it did in the early 2000's.

The growth is unbelievable.

Also, Georgia State is going to be a great mid major bball team this year. There is no reason that KSU won't do the same in the near future.

Last edited:
Kennesaw is a state?First, Pluto is no longer a plant and now Kennesaw is a state! I hate it when that happens.

I know how you feel. Some nights it feels like I'm partially channeling an alien who gives my posts aid. You never know what you get it seems. Maybe it's a universal reflection on perspective or something.

Kennesaw is a state?First, Pluto is no longer a plant and now Kennesaw is a state! I hate it when that happens.

buff state, norfolk state, appalachian state, boise state, grambling state, portland state, steve air mcnair alcorn st, murray state, wichita st, morehead state, valdosta state

odd question.. i never put 2 and 2 togehter, but kent st = kentucky state, right?

buff state, norfolk state, appalachian state, boise state, grambling state, portland state, steve air mcnair alcorn st, murray state, wichita st, morehead state, valdosta state

odd question.. i never put 2 and 2 togehter, but kent st = kentucky state, right?
kent state = ohio

So Kent is a city!

I knew it would be really weird if I never knew that Kent = Kentucky like Penn = Pennsylvania.

So Kent is a city!

I knew it would be really weird if I never knew that Kent = Kentucky like Penn = Pennsylvania.
See, I would have thought Kent was in Connecticut. I went to a sleep away camp in Kent, CT, called? wait for it. Camp Kent!

KSU has become a great school. I went to high school about 10 minutes up the road and when I was a fresh/soph in high school (about 2001) it was basically a jr college/commuter school. By the time I graduated college in 2007, it had become an average state University (I don't mean 'average' in a bad way). And now, it is a really legit state school. It is adding football and I think is now the 2nd largest University in Georgia. The campus looks NOTHING like it did in the early 2000's.

The growth is unbelievable.

Also, Georgia State is going to be a great mid major bball team this year. There is no reason that KSU won't do the same in the near future.
I just flew back to Syracuse from Atlanta this morning with the entire KSU team! Good thing they were on the flight; otherwise, the normally "very full" Delta flight from Atlanta to Syracuse would have been pretty empty! I was in my seat and Jimmy Lallathin, the KSU head coach, sat down next to me! I was wearing an SU sweatshirt and he wasn't sure if he should sit down next to me! We had a good laugh over that. Then, as we talked, I discovered he graduated Miami (Ohio, of course) in 2003 - that is my University, also (1961!!). He played there with Wally Szczerbiak, then later was an assistant to the legendary Charlie Coles. He is a delightful person and I had to tell him I hope they have a great game tomorrow night. (But not too great!) He just took over the program and has been hard at work. He has two transfers from Auburn - I believe one was a top 50 coming out of high school. He also has a transfer from Memphis. He mentioned when he was an assistant under Charlie Coles he didn't understand a lot of what Charlie was saying, but he sure understands it all now! Why didn't Miami (with their tradition of hiring Miami alums) hire him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom