Attn: CTO | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attn: CTO

I just flew back to Syracuse from Atlanta this morning with the entire KSU team! Good thing they were on the flight; otherwise, the normally "very full" Delta flight from Atlanta to Syracuse would have been pretty empty! I was in my seat and Jimmy Lallathin, the KSU head coach, sat down next to me! I was wearing an SU sweatshirt and he wasn't sure if he should sit down next to me! We had a good laugh over that. Then, as we talked, I discovered he graduated Miami (Ohio, of course) in 2003 - that is my University, also (1961!!). He played there with Wally Szczerbiak, then later was an assistant to the legendary Charlie Coles. He is a delightful person and I had to tell him I hope they have a great game tomorrow night. (But not too great!) He just took over the program and has been hard at work. He has two transfers from Auburn - I believe one was a top 50 coming out of high school. He also has a transfer from Memphis. He mentioned when he was an assistant under Charlie Coles he didn't understand a lot of what Charlie was saying, but he sure understands it all now! Why didn't Miami (with their tradition of hiring Miami alums) hire him?
Fun post. Thanks for sharing.

I just flew back to Syracuse from Atlanta this morning with the entire KSU team! Good thing they were on the flight; otherwise, the normally "very full" Delta flight from Atlanta to Syracuse would have been pretty empty! I was in my seat and Jimmy Lallathin, the KSU head coach, sat down next to me! I was wearing an SU sweatshirt and he wasn't sure if he should sit down next to me! We had a good laugh over that. Then, as we talked, I discovered he graduated Miami (Ohio, of course) in 2003 - that is my University, also (1961!!). He played there with Wally Szczerbiak, then later was an assistant to the legendary Charlie Coles. He is a delightful person and I had to tell him I hope they have a great game tomorrow night. (But not too great!) He just took over the program and has been hard at work. He has two transfers from Auburn - I believe one was a top 50 coming out of high school. He also has a transfer from Memphis. He mentioned when he was an assistant under Charlie Coles he didn't understand a lot of what Charlie was saying, but he sure understands it all now! Why didn't Miami (with their tradition of hiring Miami alums) hire him?

JB mentioned that they had everybody coming back plus a couple of transfers. Lindy's said the "newcomers to watch" are 6-9 230 Justin Diecker and 6-5 180 Nick Masterson. Per Kenesaw's website, they are freshmen, not transfers. The Auburn and Memphis transfers must have come in after the publication went to press. They have four starters returning and are bigger than Adrian was with Diecker and a couple of guys who are 6-8 and a 6-10 guy. The Memphis transfer is Damien Wilson who played for a 44-0 Oak Hill team. The 6-10 guy, Willy Kouassi , transferred from Auburn. This team hasn't done much winning in recent years, (basically ever since they went Divsion I), but they could be about to turn things around.
http://www.ksuowls.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5184&path=mbball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom