Axe finally getting it | Syracusefan.com

Axe finally getting it

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
SU declared him ineligible before and then eligible. This time, the NCAA has declared him ineligible based on their review of what transpired.

SU declared him ineligible before and then eligible. This time, the NCAA has declared him ineligible based on their review of what transpired.
what are the possible future repercussions of SU declaring him eligible?

I can appriciate privacy issues...but good lord this whole thing looks shady as hell. I'm not sure if it's people at SU or the NCAA that are hanging around in a dark alley - but based on how the NCAA handled Drummond I'm leaning 60-40 to game playing by the NCAA

The decision making on the hill regarding the basketball program and allowing Kevin drew to play this year leaves a lot to be desired.

Why would SU have played him if this was a possibility? It may be time for someone to move on, but I'm going to reserve my inconsequential judgment until we learn more.

Feel bad for the good kids on the team that are caught up in this BS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

From ESPN. NCAA didn't change their decision.

"Melo was declared ineligible by Syracuse, not the NCAA, according to Bob Williams, the NCAA vice president of communications. Citing a source, ESPN.com had reported earlier that the NCAA had revisited Melo's previous suspension. Williams said that the NCAA only deals in an athlete's initial eligibility; once a player is on campus, his eligibility is the responsibility of the school."

If they only deal with the athletes initial eligibility, then how do they overturn this?

Where are you getting the NCAA issue from? According to espn, the NCAA is quoted as saying they have nothing to due with his eligibility

Are we going to forfeit games he played in since the initial suspension?

Where are you getting the NCAA issue from? According to espn, the NCAA is quoted as saying they have nothing to due with his eligibility

It didn't say that. They don't rule kids ineligible. Bt I am sure when a kid is ineligible by the school and then eligible, they have every right to review the decision to rule him eligible. If not, kids could never go to school and always be eligible. Or maybe this isn't the NCAA at all and SU has agin ruled him ineligible.

I thought the NCAA guy just said they only review academic eligibility when a kid first enrolls. Did he not just say that?

The decision making on the hill regarding the basketball program and allowing Kevin drew to play this year leaves a lot to be desired.

Who is Kevin Drew?

It didn't say that. They don't rule kids ineligible. Bt I am sure when a kid is ineligible by the school and then eligible, they have every right to review the decision to rule him eligible. If not, kids could never go to school and always be eligible. Or maybe this isn't the NCAA at all and SU has agin ruled him ineligible.
Meaning in fact they do rule on his academic eligibility

thats what was just reported, cuse ruled him ineligible this time, and apparently the first time. so looks like fab messed up

I thought the NCAA guy just said they only review academic eligibility when a kid first enrolls. Did he not just say that?

"Melo was declared ineligible by Syracuse, not the NCAA, according to Bob Williams, the NCAA vice president of communications. Citing a source, ESPN.com had reported earlier that the NCAA had revisited Melo's previous suspension. Williams said that the NCAA only deals in an athlete's initial eligibility; once a player is on campus, his eligibility is the responsibility of the school."

The various media reports are all contradicting each other. Fairly soon the NCAA and Syracuse are going to need to clarify, because this really looks like a clusterf**k right now.

SU couldnt wait a month before kicking him out of school? sheesh

This is what happens when you take ESPN/Dana O'Neill and Swartz as the Gospel.

The various media reports are all contradicting each other. Fairly soon the NCAA and Syracuse are going to need to clarify, because this really looks like a clusterf**k right now.
Yes - and none of this 5 year, years ago, year and a half ago nonsense. Are we a noted communications school? :bat:

So ... is this a review of his Fall Semester grades, or did Fab bumble on his mid-terms?

So ... is this a review of his Fall Semester grades, or did Fab bumble on his mid-terms?
It would have to be a review of his final grades. Mid-terms don't mean jack. Players that leave early for the NB often quit going to school after the tournament and end up failing. It doesn't matter because they were eligible at the time of the tournament

So, SU has an internal policy to determine academic eligability which SU follows, and the NCAA sanctions us and SU has an internal drug policy which it doesn't follow, and its yet to be determined if we get sanctioned.

Time for five 16 team conferences to break away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom