B1G and SEC form joint advisory committee | Syracusefan.com

B1G and SEC form joint advisory committee

1706895830960.png

I am announcing I will be forming an Alliance with other college football fans, the mission of which will be to mock and criticize the Big10 and the SEC.

College sports has always been a mess but it is just off the rails now. Separate Power 4 football from the rest of FBS football and from all other sports. Have all national TV contracts negotiated and split evenly between the 4 conferences, collectively bargained labor agreement with salary cap for players, much more limited movement. Do I think this will happen? There are no Mara’s in the Big 10 or SEC to do the right thing with TV revenue being shared equally, so my pie in the sky hope is just that. But it shouldn’t be.

Maybe this will advance all matters. Maybe they will pay FSU's withdrawal fee and buy back their rights.

College sports has always been a mess but it is just off the rails now. Separate Power 4 football from the rest of FBS football and from all other sports. Have all national TV contracts negotiated and split evenly between the 4 conferences, collectively bargained labor agreement with salary cap for players, much more limited movement. Do I think this will happen? There are no Mara’s in the Big 10 or SEC to do the right thing with TV revenue being shared equally, so my pie in the sky hope is just that. But it shouldn’t be.

There is no more P4.
The die has been cast, and this "alliance" seals the deal.
I'd look for a major announcement within the next 18 months or so- something pertaining to a shift or split from full NCAA enforcement rules.

Is it just me, or does the font in the "Form Advisory Group" look ridiculous for a release of news information like this? Its a news release, not a promo intended to impress 14 year olds.

This is neither a pro/con of the alliance, just more of a meaningless general observation. But damn it looks stupid.

Is it just me, or does the font in the "Form Advisory Group" look ridiculous for a release of news information like this? Its a news release, not a promo intended to impress 14 year olds.

This is neither a pro/con of the alliance, just more of a meaningless general observation. But damn it looks stupid.

Agreed, the press release is vague...

That said, what if it's an exploratory committee to look at the feasibility and developmental planning to break away from the NCAA for governance?

There is no more P4.
The die has been cast, and this "alliance" seals the deal.
I'd look for a major announcement within the next 18 months or so- something pertaining to a shift or split from full NCAA enforcement rules.
I still maintain that limiting a national sport to 30 schools isn’t the genius move they think it is. If they break away and we aren’t involved I will stop watching the sport and I’m not alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom