Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ??? | Syracusefan.com

Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ???

If there are two BIG teams in I will barf.. but I have a feeling there will be.

I think the selection committee set a precedent two years ago when they made conference championships such a big part of the equation. Sadly, PSU has that, plus the head-to-head matchup win over OSU, who is a better team, but didn't beat them.

I think the selection committee set a precedent two years ago when they made conference championships such a big part of the equation. Sadly, PSU has that, plus the head-to-head matchup win over OSU, who is a better team, but didn't beat them.

Osu was so far ahead of them going in, the conference title isn't going to matter.

I'd go:

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Washington

I could absolutely see UW getting bounced for PSU though.

Although I will shed no tears for PSU, I think the outright favoritism for OSU is bullsh!t. If conference championships matter, then they should matter. F OSU.
That's basically telling OSU that the fact your beat OK non-conference means nothing. Combine that with letting in UW under your scenario and the committee would pretty much say, don't schedule anyone OOC that you might lose to.

If the committee wants to show they looked at conference champions but still take the Ohio State then they should have the order be Alabama, Clemson, Washington, and then tOSU. This would upset the Big Ten but it would tell Penn State that we took you serious but we took tOSU because they had a better body of work.

ND stands to gain the most from tOSU jumping PSU.

They will take solace in the committee emphasizing record and schedule over conference championships.

Yet another vomit inducing externality for this year's decision.

Osu was so far ahead of them going in, the conference title isn't going to matter.

Ped St: "We won the conference"
Committee: "it doesn't matter"

Although I will shed no tears for PSU, I think the outright favoritism for OSU is bullsh!t. If conference championships matter, then they should matter. F OSU.
It matters, until it doesn't.

I want tOSU in because Urban can beat Nick.

I'm not so sure Clemson or Washington is a lock after the past 2 days. I hope they are but I really think one of them is getting screwed when all is said and done

It's bad enough that one conference is left out. It would have to take something extraordinary to give one conference two bids.

Alabama, Clemson, Washington and Penn State.

PSU has the head to head and the conference championship. How do you keep them out?

It's going to be Ohio State.

Penn State doesn't even care. They're perfectly happy with the Rose Bowl. Where I hope they face USC and USC beats them by 4 TDs. That's the last we'll hear of that.

I'm happy with the way things are, but a 8 team playoff right now with Alabama, Clemson, Washington, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma would be pretty cool. One of those years where there's a clear 8 best teams.

And no, Western Michigan shouldn't be included. Nice season, but watching you lose by 62-0 to Alabama entertains no one and sours what you accomplished.

conference championships do matter there tiebreakers ,but penn states resume is far worse than the top 3 (bama,clemson,osu) that there competing with Washington , I can see it going either way between those 2

It's bad enough that one conference is left out. It would have to take something extraordinary to give one conference two bids.

Alabama, Clemson, Washington and Penn State.

PSU has the head to head and the conference championship. How do you keep them out?

ohio state beat oklahoma which is a separator for me

ohio state beat oklahoma which is a separator for me

As long as both B1G teams don't get in, I'm perfectly happy. But I think the Big 12 is garbage. Do they have any decent out of conference wins? Oklahoma State over Pitt is probably their best.

all the big 12 is crap but oklahome is going to finish 7th at worst in final rankings

You can make the argument that Ohio State is the Big XII champion and that is their conference title. However if head to head and conference titles matter then Pennsylvania State should be in the playoff.
If conference titles don't matter then Washington should be out. They have 3 good wins and played nobody in the nonconference.
Washington's 3 best wins Colorado-N, @Utah, @ Washington State.
Pennsylvania State's 3 best wins Ohio State, Wisconsin-N, Temple
Pennsylvania State also challenged themselves at Pitt and played a road game at another top 10 team.
They belong in.

If you lose two games, you have no complaint if you get left behind --particularly if one of those losses is by a score of 49-10. The four P5 schools with one loss or less will get into the playoff.

I get the argument about the conference championships, and OSU being somehow privileged in a way other schools are not, but it ain't gonna happen for Penn State. (No one will say anything about it, but the committee will also disqualify Penn State for its sordid history. That stench isn't going away just because the football team got good again).

We dominated VT, does that make us better then Clemson because of one game? turns out no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom