Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ??? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ???

Probably. I'm just pointing out that the outcome will have to be rationalized by the selection committee, no matter what it is.

Which is why the 4 team playoff scenario is only slightly less of a joke than its BCS predecessor.

I have a hard time with a team playing for a national championship when they didn't win their division or play in their conference championship. I think OSU is way overrated. I hate PSU, but I think they deserve being in the final four. If they get in, all four teams will have won their conference championships. I think it's going to be: Alabama, Clemson, Washington, and OSU.
Osu is overrated. gifted a few games this year by questionable Officiating. Wiscy Northwestern MSU and Michigan

Committee is a joke. TCU officially got screwed 2 years ago.

They used the conference title crap to knock them down from 3 to 6 while winning by 62.
Ohio state gets in at number 3.

Cy2WfPVWIAAFYJ3

Michigan ranked in the Top 3 pretty much all year, no playoff or Rose Bowl. That has to hurt!

Florida State vs. Michigan in the Orange Bowl.
Looks like Wisconsin vs. Western michigan in the Cotton Bowl.
Penn State vs. USC in the Rose Bowl
Oklahoma vs. Auburn in the Sugar Bowl.

Michigan ranked in the Top 3 pretty much all year, no playoff or Rose Bowl. That has to hurt!

Probably...again, somehow managing not to shed any tears.

Are there three more teams worthy of hate than PSU, OSU and Michigan?

They used the conference title crap to knock them down from 3 to 6 while winning by 62.

Wholeheartedly agree. The committee has said for a conference champion to be left-out over a non-conference champion, the non-conference champion needs to be unequivocally better than the conference champion. OSU lost head-to-head with PSU, they struggled against NW and MSU, and PSU does have a strong resumee. I don't think that when comparing them head-to-head that OSU is unequivocally better.

I don't love PSU, but they deserve it.

they were a co champ not solo and didnt have championship game that other champs got

Wholeheartedly agree. The committee has said for a conference champion to be left-out over a non-conference champion, the non-conference champion needs to be unequivocally better than the conference champion. OSU lost head-to-head with PSU, they struggled against NW and MSU, and PSU does have a strong resumee. I don't think that when comparing them head-to-head that OSU is unequivocally better.

I don't love PSU, but they deserve it.
Makes sense except the only way Ped St gets in is at Washington's expense. tOSU already has their ticket punched.

they were a co champ not solo and didn't have championship game that other champs got
Ohio State wasn't a co-champ this year at all and they didn't get knocked down spots like TCU did.

The committee isn't consistent and basically said we will do whatever we want any year.
That TCU team had beaten a P5 team in the nonconference as well. They were 3rd going into Championship week and fell to 6th.
The committee moved even Baylor ahead because of the head to head. That TCU team was better than Baylor but the committee used H2H.

This decision is a joke by the committee and I hate Pennsylvania State.

I cracked up when I saw under the ESPN graphic that the "pro" argument for Michigan was that Vegas had the Wolverines favored on neutral field vs. UW and Pedo St. The committee doesn't use that metric but they should.

Ohio State wasn't a co-champ this year at all and they didn't get knocked down spots like TCU did.

The committee isn't consistent and basically said we will do whatever we want any year.
That TCU team had beaten a P5 team in the nonconference as well. They were 3rd going into Championship week and fell to 6th.
The committee moved even Baylor ahead because of the head to head. That TCU team was better than Baylor but the committee used H2H.

its not a joke. It wasnt a slam dunk either way. 12-1 vs 11-2 and better non conference wins beat out fluke block field goal win though 12-1 didnt play for its championship.Washington vs Penn State i could be swayed to lean towards Penn State based on resume but losing by 39 is not a good look . Neither team would be able to stay withing 4 tdsof bama

But how can taking Ohio State in 2014 be a mistake when they won the national title? They beat #1 Bama and #2 Oregon.

Although I will shed no tears for PSU, I think the outright favoritism for OSU is bullsh!t. If conference championships matter, then they should matter. F OSU.

Conference championships matter, but they're not the end all be all. They're simply one of multiple metrics that go into determining the field.

Ohio State's resume is extremely good and they absolutely belong in the field.

Yep I think I'm already over it.

I get it, but all this does is make it harder for anyone but powerhouses get in.

If Syracuse were to ever to win this death division and ACC champ game, only to replaced by a perceived better Clemson or FSU...this fan base would go into full meltdown mode.

I get it, but all this does is make it harder for anyone but powerhouses get in.

If Syracuse were to ever to win this death division and ACC champ game, only to replaced by a perceived better Clemson or FSU...this fan base would go into full meltdown mode.
We are unlikely to get a playoff berth based on a single seasons' merit, it would take at least consecutive superlative campaigns to warrant a top4 inclusion...

Agree. No other sport rewards being a powerhouse and a big boy than college football. If you are a power in that sport you get the benefit of all doubt no matter what happens on the field or off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom