Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ??? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ???

The committee selecting Ohio State over Penn State sets a nasty precedent. Performance now comes second to having a stacked team, a great coach, and strong brand recognition. Ohio State had a similar season to FSU in 2014, never quite dominating, but FSU was undefeated with an ACC title. Penn State deserves it but doesn't appear to be one of the chosen few that can get in without being undefeated, and if they're not then Syracuse certainly isn't.

The committee isn't consistent and basically said we will do whatever we want any year.
Remember when I said this committee's weekly roll out was worth about as much as Bracketology?

They're going to do whatever they want at the end, using whatever logic they want, no matter how inconsistent.

Probably...again, somehow managing not to shed any tears.

Are there three more teams worthy of hate than PSU, OSU and Michigan?

Alabama, Notre Dame, Miami?

(Maybe not more worthy but certainly in the same group for me)

The committee selecting Ohio State over Penn State sets a nasty precedent. Performance now comes second to having a stacked team, a great coach, and strong brand recognition. Ohio State had a similar season to FSU in 2014, never quite dominating, but FSU was undefeated with an ACC title. Penn State deserves it but doesn't appear to be one of the chosen few that can get in without being undefeated, and if they're not then Syracuse certainly isn't.
Maybe they punished them for their past sins.

We are unlikely to get a playoff berth based on a single seasons' merit, it would take at least consecutive superlative campaigns to warrant a top4 inclusion...

Disagree 100%. If Clemson and FSU and Louisville continue to be top 10 teams (or just outside) - running the table gets us in. Every time. That's the benefit to playing in a P5 conference with top 10 teams.

Maybe they punished them for their past sins.

I hope that's not the case. No student-athletes on PSU's roster have molested any kids and they shouldn't be punished for it.

I hope that's not the case. No student-athletes on PSU's roster have molested any kids and they shouldn't be punished for it.

They were punished for having two losses and losing to Mich by 40, not because of a sicko molesting kids.

Disagree 100%. If Clemson and FSU and Louisville continue to be top 10 teams (or just outside) - running the table gets us in. Every time. That's the benefit to playing in a P5 conference with top 10 teams.
Disagree, your scenario only works if we start the season ranked in the Top 20...

How about the fanbase? The ones that wanted to honor Joe?

Those people are sick -- I'm simply talking about the players. I hope 18-22 year olds who haven't harmed anyone weren't punished for past transgressions.

Those people are sick -- I'm simply talking about the players. I hope 18-22 year olds who haven't harmed anyone weren't punished for past transgressions.

They're part of the cult.

They choose to go to that hellhole after what they did. F em

Millions of Catholics go to church every Sunday after what that institution did. Does the "F em" apply to all of them, as well?

Millions of Catholics go to church every Sunday after what that institution did. Does the "F em" apply to all of them, as well?
Not near the same thing. But as a catholic, I haven't been to church other than for a funeral since.

My mom goes to church every week, what does she have to do with a few sick priests?

Apparently you can add EPL to that list, on top of other things.

I thought the point of conference championship games was to get teams in the playoffs. PSU got screwed on it. But honestly I thought they would get in and Washington out.

Not near the same thing. But as a catholic, I haven't been to church other than for a funeral since.

It seems like a precise apples to apples comparison to me.

There are specific people at Penn State and the Catholic Church who perpetuated a horrifying tragedy, and those people should be severely punished. But I don't judge everyone affiliated with Penn State and the Catholic Church.

There are specific people at Penn State and the Catholic Church who perpetuated a horrifying tragedy, and those people should be severely punished. But I don't judge everyone affiliated with Penn State and the Catholic Church.
I see your point but wouldn't a more accurate analogy be: The priest situation happens at your church, you abandon the church not the religion. Crap goes down at PSU, you abandon that program not college football entirely.

I don't believe the punishment was anywhere near severe enough. If they get some unofficial sanctions, fine by me. I don't want to see the school get millions of dollars.

Disagree...the Catholic church's god is God. And while I'm not a believer, God had nothing to do with the abuse.
Penn State's god is Paterno. Paterno turned his back on the abuse and he's still worshiped. And frankly, I imagine if you believe, your religion is more important than your college football team. I respect people for going back to their church after a period of contemplation . I can't respect anyone who doesn't fully repudiate Paterno...who, if there is a hell, is hopefully burning in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom