Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ??? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bama, Clemson, Washington, and... ???

The round table on ESPN made a good point. If conference championships mean anything at all, the committee should have bumped OSU to the 4 seed and made them play Bama. I totally agree. The committee voted for ratings and TV sets and clearly want Bama/OSU.

The round table on ESPN made a good point. If conference championships mean anything at all, the committee should have bumped OSU to the 4 seed and made them play Bama. I totally agree. The committee voted for ratings and TV sets and clearly want Bama/OSU.
Too bad they are gonna get Clemson Bama

This shouldn't be shocking news. This is what they always do. ESPN didn't pay billions to not get ratings and make revenue off these games. It's all for TV!!!!

I see your point but wouldn't a more accurate analogy be: The priest situation happens at your church, you abandon the church not the religion. Crap goes down at PSU, you abandon that program not college football entirely.

Its an interesting question, if you go to Penn st, do you just completely abandon them all together, its not your fault, but I can see being so disgusted.

That would have been unfair to Alabama, Osu imo is the 2nd best team in the country.

They might beat the Browns by 30, I think Clemson is the only team that can beat them.

No, no, no, no, a thousand times no. No college team is beating a professional team. Stop it.

This kind of discussion always makes me mad at 'divisions' within a conference. Why bother? Why is Football not set up like Basketball?

Why can't the ACC/B1G/Pac12/Big12/SEC all just have the conference of however many they all have - top two teams play each other.

The schedules then become so much more unpredictable which is awesome. We play Clemson/FSU/Louisville every single year - sorry that's boring to me. If we rotated EVERYONE in conference we'd be playing each team once every 3 years. More of a build up.

I understand how some would say you lose a rival in a sense but we don't play in a small division like in the NFL. 14 teams, not 4.

I am sadly glad PSU didn't get in...don't like to be a person happy at the misfortunes of others, even if the others are PSU people.

But we probably should be mad. Someday in the (hopefully) near future, Syracuse might have be involved in a similar situation where they beat a big power in their conference head to head and won the ACC but might not make the playoff, in large part because the big power started the year in the top 5 while Syracuse didn't.

Conference championships should matter greatly. Head to head matchups should matter greatly. OOC games should not be as important.

But in this case, let's make an exception and keep Penn State out. Hey, they only scored 39 on Pitt. We scored 40 on them in the second half alone.

I think the committee got it right. They really just need to get rid of conference championship games and expand the field to 8 teams. I would have a different feeling about this if it wasn't Penn State but they deserve to be left out, and not allowed in for the next 20 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom