Baseball trade deadline | Syracusefan.com

Baseball trade deadline

I don't understand that at all from the Jays perspective. The Jays pitching is god awful.

It would be humorous if they flip Reyes for Wheeler or Synergaard (second time) though.

I don't understand that at all from the Jays perspective. The Jays pitching is god awful.

It would be humorous if they flip Reyes for Wheeler or Synergaard (second time) though.
Looks like Reyes was actually part of the trade for Tulo.

Guy Fawkes said:
I don't understand that at all from the Jays perspective. The Jays pitching is god awful. It would be humorous if they flip Reyes for Wheeler or Synergaard (second time) though.

I'd love for the Mets to reacquire Reyes but he wouldn't fetch one of Syndergaard's toes right now. Wheeler is a no go as well.

Hard to believe, but Reyes makes more money than Tulowitzki.

We'll see if Tulowitzki can hit as well in Toronto...doesn't seem to have hurt Toronto's lineup. Tulowitzki has had some injury problems.

Clippard looks like a good pick up for the Mets.

Last edited:
As a Jays fan.

Cool.

But why?

We need pitching. I wanted Papelbon/Chapman/Synergaard...ANYONE

As a Cubs fan, I'm curious to see if we end up doing anything. The Castro rumors have been rampant for at least one or two years now, with the latest being that San Diego is interested and Chicago could try to get Andrew Cashner back, or Tyson Ross, or James Shields. Supposedly we're kinda in on Cole Hamels but not really.

I'm not sure I really want us to trade any of our big prospects. The only ones I'd really consider are Baez (but his value is probably lower than it should be right now), Vogelbach, and maybe Alcantara. I desperately want to keep Schwarber, Bryant, Soler, and Russell.

Yankees in stealth mode. Cashman says Severino, Bird, Mateo and Judge are untouchable so expect some combination of them to be traded for Hamels or Price.

Last edited:
Yankees in stealth mode. Cashman says Severino, Bird, Mateo and Judge are untouchable so expect some combination of them to be traded for Hamels or Price.
The Yankee rotation looks good now, but I am waiting for Tanaka or Pineda or both to get hurt. Eovaldi and Nova allow so many base runners. They may run out of luck. I am thrilled with the Yankees so far this season, but the team is fortunate to be injury-free at the moment. Things could fall apart fast.

The Yankee rotation looks good now, but I am waiting for Tanaka or Pineda or both to get hurt. Eovaldi and Nova allow so many base runners. They may run out of luck. I am thrilled with the Yankees so far this season, but the team is fortunate to be injury-free at the moment. Things could fall apart fast.
Pineda has definitely looked shakey his last couple of starts. He might be hitting the wall after being out last season. Warren is insurance, but I don't think you slot him in as a starter in a play off situation. Cashman has always been the master of the cash dump trade. Not sure who is out there that would foot the bill.

Was really hoping to see the Red Sox come out of the All Star Break firing on all cylinders and get themselves back into the running, but they suck. So now we see them sell away the team. I just hope they can dump Napoli soon. He was great once, but he's just awful now.

In order to be a serious player in the post season we need a shut down pitcher. Curious to see if folks consider either of those two as that type of pitcher.

Screw that. A-Rod's leading us to a World Series victory.

In order to be a serious player in the post season we need a shut down pitcher. Curious to see if folks consider either of those two as that type of pitcher.
idk. Yankees bull pen just needs a starter that can give them 6 strong. Problem has been when the starters are at their pitch limit after 4 innings and have already given up 4-5 runs.

I think both can be.

Sounds like my Cubbies are locking in on Tyson Ross of the Padres; likely for Starlin Castro. I'll hate to see Castro go, but I've basically accepted that it's happening sooner or later and Ross would be a pretty good get.

I'd love for the Mets to reacquire Reyes but he wouldn't fetch one of Syndergaard's toes right now. Wheeler is a no go as well.

You are 100 percent right, I would love to have reyes back also, but no way the Mets would ever trade one of the big four pitchers for him.

The Expos pick up anyone?
Sigh.

That's not cool, man. I can still picture the mock up of the stadium they wanted to build in downtown Montreal. It would have been gorgeous.

Yankee fan here.

All we need is a Starting Pitcher.

Don't want Hamels, and Cueto is off the board. So all in on David Price.

Nova, Warren as the key pieces, throw in 1 or 2 lower end named prospects.

This should get the deal done. If they want more laugh and hang up the phone.

The Mets still need a bat, I would love to get gomez back, as long as I don't have to give up one of our young arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom