Baseball trade deadline | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball trade deadline

!!
Gomez!!

Love the deal, no sweat giving up Flores, and although Wheeler is going to be good, you have to give up something to get something. Great move by Sandy.

the mlb mets board is killing the trade.. not sure what they expect to get for the little they want to part with. wheeler could easily be 2 more years before he does anything. flores was an ok , C+ type player. i saw little upside more than he already showed. Gomez if he stays healthy doubles everything they had in the outfield. not sure where lagares goes now though?

the mlb mets board is killing the trade.. not sure what they expect to get for the little they want to part with. wheeler could easily be 2 more years before he does anything. flores was an ok , C+ type player. i saw little upside more than he already showed. Gomez if he stays healthy doubles everything they had in the outfield. not sure where lagares goes now though?

There really isn't anything not to like, Gomez is the bat we needed, Wheeler is a good arm, but you can make the case is the 5th best pitcher in the organization. Flores is not a ss, he doesn't really hit for average, and he has hit a home run since june 12th.

Let it go, little one. The spirit of Steve Rogers will open your heart and release the evil Rick Monday demons ... let it drift away ... be free ... yes, you can ...
They should have put Woody Fryman in for relief. Lefty against lefty!,,ugh. The torture I recall. I will never forget that moment in time.

MLB trade rumors: Mets' deal for Carlos Gomez is dead with Milwaukee Brewers, won't happen

"The big trade the Mets reportedly pulled off isn't happening after all.

Mets GM Sandy Alderson said Wednesday night that the deal for Carlos Gomez is dead and there will be no trade with the Brewers before the trade deadline. The Mets had reportedly reached a deal to send Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores to Milwaukee.

Not anymore."

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2015/07/mlb_trade_rumors_mets_deal_for_carlos_gomez_is_dea.html

They should have put Woody Fryman in for relief. Lefty against lefty!,,ugh. The torture I recall. I will never forget that moment in time.

Yeah, several friends and I were watching, and when it happened it was like all the air was let out of the country. We got good and drunk anyway. It wasn't fun, it was just necessary.

Let it go, little one. The spirit of Steve Rogers will open your heart and release the evil Rick Monday demons ... let it drift away ... be free ... yes, you can ...
Funny that Captain America used to play for the Spos. Your turn to google?

MLB trade rumors: Mets' deal for Carlos Gomez is dead with Milwaukee Brewers, won't happen

"The big trade the Mets reportedly pulled off isn't happening after all.

Mets GM Sandy Alderson said Wednesday night that the deal for Carlos Gomez is dead and there will be no trade with the Brewers before the trade deadline. The Mets had reportedly reached a deal to send Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores to Milwaukee.

Not anymore."

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2015/07/mlb_trade_rumors_mets_deal_for_carlos_gomez_is_dea.html

The Mets find new ways to embarrass themselves.

O
Yeah, several friends and I were watching, and when it happened it was like all the air was let out of the country. We got good and drunk anyway. It wasn't fun, it was just necessary.
ditto. I was in university. We didn't need many excuses to get plowed. But we did after that because it was necessary

Kinda surprising that this thing with Flores is the first time I can remember something like this happening, where the player hears about the trade but the manager reportedly doesn't.

On another note, Buster Olney is saying the Yankees are prepared to make a huge push for David Price; also said not to count out the Cubs and Blue Jays (my gut feeling is he isn't the Cubs guy though, at least not now).

"done deal" means a done deal in my opinion.

Yeah, guys like Buster Olney are simply saying Sherman was given bad information or made leaps from what he was told to what he actually reported. He said based on his sources, there was never a deal; it was being considered, but when the Mets saw the medical reports, they ended talks.

Yeah, guys like Buster Olney are simply saying Sherman was given bad information or made leaps from what he was told to what he actually reported. He said based on his sources, there was never a deal; it was being considered, but when the Mets saw the medical reports, they ended talks.
Yeah, he probably shouldn't have said it was a "done deal." Of course he offers no apology; just a bunch of excuses.

Funny that Captain America used to play for the Spos. Your turn to google?

I don't get the reference, but I'm sure if you mean Rogers, you can understand why such a sobriquet wasn't used too often up here ... :)

What a freaking joke. Texas gave up nothing for Cole Hamels.

Yankees offer Nova and nothing else for David Price and let's get it done.

What a joke.

What a freaking joke. Texas gave up nothing for Cole Hamels.

Yankees offer Nova and nothing else for David Price and let's get it done.

What a joke.

Just because you don't know who they are...

Or maybe they asked for money.

Yeah, the Rangers gave up nothing:

Just five of their top 30 prospects, and three of their top 6.

I agree that the Rangers gave up quite bit of potential. Still was a lopsided deal. It's a true gamble/risk of now vs. future. In Baseball Prospectus via Andy McCullough sums up my thoughts on prospects perfectly.

CKy_CfrUkAAIP7C.jpg

Yeah, the Rangers gave up nothing:

Just five of their top 30 prospects, and three of their top 6.

Wow 4, 5, 6, 17, and 29.

Why not there 1, 2, and 3.

You know that's what the Yankees would have had to give up.

Wow 4, 5, 6, 17, and 29.

Why not there 1, 2, and 3.

You know that's what the Yankees would have had to give up.
So it turns out you're clueless about ALL sports. Impressive consistency!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom