Baseball trade deadline | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball trade deadline

So it turns out you're clueless about ALL sports. Impressive consistency!

Why did they not have to give up 1, 2, and 3 prospects ?

You know the Yankees would have been held up.

It's a joke.

I'm actually somewhat glad didn't want Hamels anyway, and don't really want to give up our stud prospects.

So it turns out you're clueless about ALL sports. Impressive consistency!

FYI, not clueless.

If i was a GM would give up nothing for a guy owed big money and multiple years, or a guy set to be a FA at seasons end.

Shouldn't have to give up much.

Well for starters the Rangers have better prospects than the Yanks, probably. Joey Gallo is pretty amazing.

Well for starters the Rangers have better prospects than the Yanks, probably. Joey Gallo is pretty amazing.
Yep. There was never a chance in hell the Rangers were going to trade Gallo.

Yep. There was never a chance in hell the Rangers were going to trade Gallo.

He might be my favorite prospect. Not the best necessarily, but i love guys with insane K rates. He had a 43.9% K rate in the majors!!!

Holy cow, Troy Tulowitzki just got traded to Toronto.

Pineda on DL for fore arm strain might alter the future of the farm's pitching prospects i.e. getting them called up for a good look. I would expect that Severino would be the first to come up and either prove he is ready or prove the nay sayers. That can only be determined when he gets on the mound.At this point Tanaka doesn't appear to be a strong ace of the staff.Suddenly Warren is becoming a very valuable member of the team in case they need him as a starter

Pineda on DL for fore arm strain might alter the future of the farm's pitching prospects i.e. getting them called up for a good look. I would expect that Severino would be the first to come up and either prove he is ready or prove the nay sayers. That can only be determined when he gets on the mound.At this point Tanaka doesn't appear to be a strong ace of the staff.Suddenly Warren is becoming a very valuable member of the team in case they need him as a starter
Severino has been killing it at Scranton. The problem is the way the Yankees treat their pitching prospects he may be approaching his innings limit. That's why Warren was sent to the bull pen. It was refreshing to see them dfa Capuano though. Unfortunately he may be called back now that Pineda and Nova are both injured. I also read they are looking at Mike Leake.

Severino has been killing it at Scranton. The problem is the way the Yankees treat their pitching prospects he may be approaching his innings limit. That's why Warren was sent to the bull pen. It was refreshing to see them dfa Capuano though. Unfortunately he may be called back now that Pineda and Nova are both injured. I also read they are looking at Mike Leake.
No question that quality pitchers within the Yankee farm system also get the innings pitched number scrutinized. Its too bad that CC never had this working FOR him in his carer. Over weight and over worked added to his age has not been good for him. I don't think the Yankees will want to keep him much longer. They might even be willing to eat his contract and urge his retirement after this season. Ashman may have seen the light regarding his geezer contracts or has had been talked to by Hal or even George in a beat down dream.

No question that quality pitchers within the Yankee farm system also get the innings pitched number scrutinized. Its too bad that CC never had this working FOR him in his carer. Over weight and over worked added to his age has not been good for him. I don't think the Yankees will want to keep him much longer. They might even be willing to eat his contract and urge his retirement after this season. Ashman may have seen the light regarding his geezer contracts or has had been talked to by Hal or even George in a beat down dream.
Let's hope so. There is another rumor out there that the Padre's are willing to let Shields go and the Yankees are possibly interested.

Joel Sherman should be embarrassed; not the Mets.

Alderson backed out of the deal, either because of money, or the hip problem, something that he knew about before even starting discussions with the Brewers.

Hey guys, so the Yankees picked up Dustin Ackley. So that's...something, right?

It is, thats what happens when your organization isn't completely incompetent like the Mets.

He is technically a baseball player, so it is indeed something. I guess they're just praying he looks much, much better after a change of scenery, because he was complete garbage with the Mariners.

Yankees trades so far: Ackley

With about an hour left, Toronto has traded for...
  • SS Troy Tulowitzki
  • RP LaTroy Hawkins
  • SP David Price
  • OF Ben Revere (according to MLB's Phillies reporter)

Cubs picked up Tommy Hunter and Dan Haren for essentially nothing, so I'll call it a fine deadline day. Hopefully the team can get back on track now.

Im fine with the Yankees sticking. They have tried over the last 3-4 years to build the farm system back up and not get botched down to what hurt them in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Im fine with the Yankees sticking. They have tried over the last 3-4 years to build the farm system back up and not get botched down to what hurt them in the late 90's, early 2000's.

I get what you're saying, but I seem to remember them having a lot of success in that period.

Like the Cespedes pick up

I get what you're saying, but I seem to remember them having a lot of success in that period.

Like the Cespedes pick up

They had their core 5 players and great starting pitching. But they were also giving up top prospects for the acquisitions. Point being they have worked hard holding onto them to build, and only trading them at the right time (Montero for Pineda)

Cashman said Severino will make his next start for Yankees. Date TBD.

So I guess that is kind of an addition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom