Basketball ticket sales are brisk... | Syracusefan.com

Basketball ticket sales are brisk...

Almost thinking of passing on the Duke and Carolina games now. Just too much demand.

glad I bought two extra seasons tickets a couple of weeks ago

Got my 6 game package yesterday. My Duke tickets were 306 Row S

It kind of makes me sick, knowing how many people who happen to have the money now are going to grab up all the big game tickets (especially Duke) just to sell them for double or more on Stubhub. There's nothing that can really be done about it either. Oh well, here's hoping I can see the court against Duke.

With bball being the only major mens sport (fball/lax) I don't have seasons, I looked at getting one of the new elite packages that gives you access to either Duke or UNC, two "premium" home games and then 3 non conf dregs. I knew going in the Duke seats probably wouldnt be the greatest but man even Wed when they first came out the seats were horrible, top level somewhere over in the corner like 312 I think. The overall ticket package was about $160 a person but the seats are so bad I couldn't justfy the money for two of us. Unfortunately the seats they give for even the remaining games including the OOC cupcakes weren't much better, not even somewhere in the geographic region of mid court. Was hoping to maybe get two tickets for Duke once they went on sale but I see thats probably a no go as well unless I want to watch from the roof or the fine lot.

God bless you guys who have bball season tickets, I priced out two decent seats and nearly fell over/had a heart attack when I saw the price. I will still probably try to make a game or two but looks like its the flat screen this year.

It kind of makes me sick, knowing how many people who happen to have the money now are going to grab up all the big game tickets (especially Duke) just to sell them for double or more on Stubhub. There's nothing that can really be done about it either. Oh well, here's hoping I can see the court against Duke.
Maybe Ted Hockey will buy some up and give them away, like he did at the Verizon.

Makes no sense to buy season tix or the mini package for hoops unless you're local. It's gotten a lot harder to attend hoop games as an out of towner. Thank God for football.

Makes no sense to buy season tix or the mini package for hoops unless you're local. It's gotten a lot harder to attend hoop games as an out of towner. Thank God for football.

I like the different packages they offer and understand you're going to be up high but the seats there offering are horrible. Even for the OOC cupcake games the seats are just as bad as the duke ones or only slightly better.

Actually, you end up basically paying for the games you go to by selling the remainder on stubhub. Has been that way for the last 5 years at least.

is the 6 game pack on sale already? or do you have to wait until the 16th...

is the 6 game pack on sale already? or do you have to wait until the 16th...

Its allready on sale, not bad price wise but the seasts are bad.

YEAH, just looked... at least they arent behind where the curtain used to be. they are on the corners, but they are real seats at least. shocked that the lesser games are so high as well.

YEAH, just looked... at least they arent behind where the curtain used to be. they are on the corners, but they are real seats at least. shocked that the lesser games are so high as well.

The location of the lesser seats is what soured me on the package. I knew the Duke seats were going to be bad and I was fine with that but to give me nearly the same seats for High Point, you gotta be kidding me.

Ticket availability/selection is only going to get worse as time passes. Pre-season sale of ticket packages for season ticket holders starts 10/15... For others, 10/16. If you are interested, I seriously suggest you figure out what you want ... and place your order as soon as the windows open

how high do the letters go in the 300s? The Binghamton tix they want to give me are row U . What?
there wont be 20000 at that game.

how high do the letters go in the 300s? The Binghamton tix they want to give me are row U . What?
there wont be 20000 at that game.

What difference does it make how many will be there? They can't sell tix for seats that someone bought in their season tix package. Everything side court is sold, although there could be a small number being held for further season tixs sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What difference does it make how many will be there? They can't sell tix for seats that someone bought in their season tix package. Everything side court is sold, although there could be a small number being held for further season tixs sales.

sorry man, there is zero chance that season ticket sales make it so that the closest seat available is in Row U for that game. No shot. Every other game i the package had closer seats, including Duke.

sorry man, there is zero chance that season ticket sales make it so that the closest seat available is in Row U for that game. No shot. Every other game i the package had closer seats, including Duke.

You're going by row number only. The sections for the lesser games are much better. I just looked and while Duke right now is row L, it's in section 316 behind the basket. Binghamton may be row O right now, but is section 314 on the corner.

You're going by row number only. The sections for the lesser games are much better. I just looked and while Duke right now is row L, it's in section 316 behind the basket. Binghamton may be row O right now, but is section 314 on the corner.

I may be complaining, but I am still going to get the package. Do u think its smarter to sit five or so rows further up to be on the corner vs behind the hoop?

I may be complaining, but I am still going to get the package. Do u think its smarter to sit five or so rows further up to be on the corner vs behind the hoop?

Yes. I don't know how many and when you made the request but I put in 2 and it shows a 2 row difference. But anyways, me personally like corner better than behind the basket. I hate looking directly through the backboard.

But as someone else said, it's only gonna get worse. And I wasn't kidding before, almost every seat that is better than the seats posted for the Binghamton game are season tickets, most with a donation required. Look at their colored map.

With bball being the only major mens sport (fball/lax) I don't have seasons, I looked at getting one of the new elite packages that gives you access to either Duke or UNC, two "premium" home games and then 3 non conf dregs. I knew going in the Duke seats probably wouldnt be the greatest but man even Wed when they first came out the seats were horrible, top level somewhere over in the corner like 312 I think.

I got mine in the other corner 306. For me I'd rather get a higher row on the corner of the court than be stuck out in the wasteland beyond the former curtain.

307. locked them in. Duke is row T. Crazy. I wonder if UNC was as bad. I feel like Duke is what everyone wants to see, but maybe UNC has the same allure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom