Battle needs to return next year | Syracusefan.com

Battle needs to return next year

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Battle 100% needs to return next year. He will benefit tremendously from it. Highly doubtful he gets drafted this year. He’d wind up in the G-League at a low salary, likely in Europe within 2 years.

If he stays, he will continues to improve by leading a deeper team next year. He won’t have to play as many minutes. Sky’s the limit for him and the team next year if he stays.

We’ll still be okay if he decides to jump, but it’s better for both him and the team if he stays.

Plenty of great guards in the current NBA played 3 or 4 years in college. No need for him to jump. Way too much risk for him. I hope he realizes it and doesn’t get crappy advice.

If he was on UNC you can be fairly certain he'd stay.
They stay because they get good basketball players...not just 6’6’’ athletes who are okay players.

I really hope he comes back. He'll have a lot more help next year with depth at guard. Leaving is after sophomore year is something he and his family has been planning to do. But maybe they'll see that next year he'll get a higher draft position.

At the same time, I can't help but think how much better he would be in an nba offense and in a league where the type of bodying and hand-checking we saw tonight is not allowed and they always reward the offense player. He has a three, a step back, drives, pull up, handles great, jumps, is strong.

Tired of these threads every year about battle, Lydon, malachi, McCullough, ennis, Jerami, dion, Jonny, Donte Greene.

Lol its been a joke.

I really hope he comes back. He'll have a lot more help next year with depth at guard. Leaving is after sophomore year is something he and his family has been planning to do. But maybe they'll see that next year he'll get a higher draft position.

At the same time, I can't help but think how much better he would be in an nba offense and in a league where the type of bodying and hand-checking we saw tonight is not allowed and they always reward the offense player. He has a three, a step back, drives, pull up, handles great, jumps, is strong.

I agree. He was more efficient last year - because we had other scorers.

But on that aspect - I think he’d really shine at Cuse next year. Shooting % would likely make a big jump, playing with better players.

I just hope he’s kept his options open, if he doesn’t like what he hears this spring.

Tired of these threads every year about battle, Lydon, malachi, McCullough, ennis, Jerami, dion, Jonny, Donte Greene.

Lol its been a joke.

While I hear you, do you think it's not possible that one of them may be right?

They stay because they get good basketball players...not just 6’6’’ athletes who are okay players.
so you are saying that good basketball players will stay and guys who aren't good basketball players will leave? And the NBA guys, they don't know the difference I guess. Because the athletes seem to go in the first round every year that we send early to the draft. You realize that makes zero sense, right?

Hate to read too much into it, but his face & body language on the bench in the closing seconds looked like that of someone who knows they'll never play in an NCAA tourney. I think the exposure of being on a legit title contender next year would seriously help his stock.

Battle played within the offense last season. I don't know who you expected him to pass it to this season. If he came back, I don't think there'd be any issues with him hogging the ball.

he was a frosh and deferred to others. You really think a guy who dominated the ball as much as he did this year..and comes BACK..is going to be cool with fewer touches? not many Alphas are cut from that cloth.

TB shot 29.4% of our total shots this season, FH shot 25.3%, and OB shot 22.3% for a total of 77% of our team's shot attempts. For comparison's sake, Andrew White shot 23.1%, Lydon shot 16.4%, and Battle shot 15% of our field goal attempts last season for a total of 54.5%.

Boeheim played the cards he was dealt after the departures of Lydon to the NBA, Thompson to SHU, and Geno off the team, injuries to Sidibe, Chukwu, and Washington, and a lack of depth due to scholarship reductions and Hughes sitting out as a transfer. Part of playing these cards was giving TB the green light to take control of the offense. Had TB not shot 29.4% of our shots, but rather a slight uptick from his freshman campaign (closer to 18-22% of our shot attempts), I don't know if we win 10 games this year. With more talent around him next season, Battle can still get up his fair share of shots, but rather than being forced to take some bad shots late in the shot clock like he did this season, he'd have a better selection of shots to choose from with more talent around him. I don't think it's that unrealistic to think TB would be cool with getting some help next year if that means winning more games at the expense of a few shot attempts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom