Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

I highly doubt Dino will be on Baylor's search.

Their AD is on probation, the president was demoted to Chancellor, the program is going to be on probation. I don't think the NCAA can sanction them but I think Dino will be our HC.

IF anything I would think Briles would maybe land at a spot like SU (working under Babers) for a year as an assistant before some other school offers him a head coaching job (which you know will happen after this upcoming season). Maybe a guy like Babers throws his old mentor a bone and makes a job for him somehow someway (although that even may be tricky to pull off.)

If Babers left I would be surprised (although with college sports very little surprises me anymore.) I mean if they offer Babers triple of what SU is paying him, well then yeah I think you take the money and just deal with the mess..lol. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

Their AD is on probation, the president was demoted to Chancellor, the program is going to be on probation. I don't think the NCAA can sanction them but I think Dino will be our HC.

i didnt realize there was a difference between president and chancellor? is it basically just a title and pay grade?

Is rape in the NCAA wheelhouse?

Briles kid didn't even want to be candidate for HC jobs after last year. That kid's star is going to take a hit now as well.

I see Briles possibly going to the NFL and then becoming an assistant for his son. If I were Boston College or a program like that I would look at him after the year if the NCAA doesn't sanction him or Baylor.

i didnt realize there was a difference between president and chancellor? is it basically just a title and pay grade?
No idea I think it depends on the school.

Some schools make the President the highest position, some make Chancellor the highest position. I am sure at Baylor it goes President at top and Chancellors are ahead of the individual colleges.

Why would anyone think that Babers would go to Baylor? His only connection is a couple years coaching there. Babers is not going anywhere.

please, God, don't let Baylor steal Babers from us.

Briles sounds like the stereotypical win-at-all-costs caricature of a Texas football coach. He may be an innovator, but he's old-school in his heart.

CjZYqUOXEAAtvcA.jpg

CjZdBqVVAAAS1-E.jpg

I don't think Briles will get hired in CFB in the near future. He will go the NFL as a position coach. The stuff is some sick stuff.

So remember the boards collective man crush on Briles back in the fall?

Awk-ward.

the innovators who are crazy enough to pluck the low hanging fruit are always crazy in lots of other ways.

hopefully babers is a normal guy who just takes the good innovation and runs with it
What do you mean?

df9d25c4a36f87d91f7d2b8841cc936605debec95a7645db7d50acd78ea1b929_large

Briles sounds like the stereotypical win-at-all-costs caricature of a Texas football coach. He may be an innovator, but he's old-school in his heart.

CjZYqUOXEAAtvcA.jpg
When they dragged the IX aspect into it it could fall under NCAA sanctions section

Wow. The school is finally accepting the truth that the FB program covered up some sick crap.

Dino Babers isn't going to be candidate is he?
My guess is they'll have an interim for this season because it seems like too short a time is available to pick a new coach. The ACC school that needs to be worried in all of this is UNC-CHeat. Larry Fedora is high on the list of the Texas schools who may be looking for coaches at the end of the 2016 season. Baylor may be behind Bevo and ATM, though, in the Fedora sweepstakes.

They need to clean house, can't promote anyone from within.

They have named Bennett the interim HC, but let's see what happens after the season.

They have named Bennett the interim HC, but let's see what happens after the season.

At this stage its going to be hard to find someone, but in the long run they need to clean house.

Every school I have seen has either a Chancellor or President. I've seen a few use both titles for the same person.

What do you mean?

df9d25c4a36f87d91f7d2b8841cc936605debec95a7645db7d50acd78ea1b929_large

The only thing that would have made this better would be cutoff jean shorts.

Ok I lied. A full back tattoo of himself looking like a pirate would have been pretty great too.

My guess is they'll have an interim for this season because it seems like too short a time is available to pick a new coach. The ACC school that needs to be worried in all of this is UNC-CHeat. Larry Fedora is high on the list of the Texas schools who may be looking for coaches at the end of the 2016 season. Baylor may be behind Bevo and ATM, though, in the Fedora sweepstakes.

Again, if you're trying to "change the culture," I would think you'd stay away from Chapel Hill like the place was radioactive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom