Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

IF anything I would think Briles would maybe land at a spot like SU (working under Babers) for a year as an assistant before some other school offers him a head coaching job (which you know will happen after this upcoming season). Maybe a guy like Babers throws his old mentor a bone and makes a job for him somehow someway (although that even may be tricky to pull off.)

If Babers left I would be surprised (although with college sports very little surprises me anymore.) I mean if they offer Babers triple of what SU is paying him, well then yeah I think you take the money and just deal with the mess..lol. Will be interesting to see how it plays out
Why in the world would you want scum like Briles coaching at SU? Absolutely no.

Why in the world would you want scum like Briles coaching at SU? Absolutely no.
Where did I say I "wanted him at SU?" LOL, Please quote the part of my post where I said that.

I simply said I could see Art as an assistant coach at a place like SU (where he has a pupil as the head coach) for a year.

Worst part is, no matter how heinous this was, Briles will have multiple P5 HC opportunities within 1-2 years. Winning trumps all, and, it's despicable.

Someone who is desperate will look the other way and hire him.

Most likely scenario for Babers to win up at Baylor: Babers gets SU revved up in a couple of years with no scandal while Baylor falls back into mediocrity. Baylor will want to get back to the way things were minus Briles, having made a statement.

guys, it was a joke.

bernie fine u is not bringing in briles

Why is Briles more to blame in this than the Waco PD or District Attorney ?
who said Briles is more to blame than the Waco PD or District Attorney? Why the need to attempt to measure and compare blame? Baylor does not employ the Waco PD or District Attorney and Baylor lacks the ability to fire or reform those institutions. Baylor can fire the football coach.

See Penn State
Those sanctions against Jimbo Fisher and FSU (or Notre Dame or Vanderbilt or basically anything involving Urban Meyer) must be coming any day now.

Stern said:
IF anything I would think Briles would maybe land at a spot like SU (working under Babers) for a year as an assistant before some other school offers him a head coaching job (which you know will happen after this upcoming season). Maybe a guy like Babers throws his old mentor a bone and makes a job for him somehow someway (although that even may be tricky to pull off.)

If Babers left I would be surprised (although with college sports very little surprises me anymore.) I mean if they offer Babers triple of what SU is paying him, well then yeah I think you take the money and just deal with the mess..lol. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

Yup Offensive quality control coach is a nice hideout till the smoke clears and teams again knock down his door as their HC. And gives Dino a year one leg up that's how I see it.

Edit or Art's son & OC, less blowback.

Where did I say I "wanted him at SU?" LOL, Please quote the part of my post where I said that.

I simply said I could see Art as an assistant coach at a place like SU (where he has a pupil as the head coach) for a year.
IMO, there is absolutely no way Syracuse, with its recent history with the NCAA, would allow HCDB to hire Briles.

IMO, there is absolutely no way Syracuse, with its recent history with the NCAA, would allow HCDB to hire Briles.
Agree. I was just saying a school like SU (who has a Art Briles pupil as the head coach) would be a possible landing spot for a year or two as an assistant. I wasn't saying SU specifically, just a school like SU who has a Briles guy running their team currently.

Agree. I was just saying a school like SU (who has a Art Briles pupil as the head coach) would be a possible landing spot for a year or two as an assistant. I wasn't saying SU specifically, just a school like SU who has a Briles guy running their team currently.
Agree, I could see that. It makes sense, at other schools (if he doesn't get the show cause, which would take some time). But like others in this thread have said, if he wants to/has to work, my guess is he ends up in the NFL.

guys, it was a joke.

bernie fine u is not bringing in briles

This ain't no joking matter. If the NCAA gets even a whiff that SU is contemplating bringing in Briles in any capacity, they take away 30-40 more wins minimum from JAB.

I would imagine Dino would have zero interest in the HC job at Baylor. Either now or a year from now. The pay raise increase would be irrelevant. I would think no amount of money would be worth it to deal with the aftermath of some serious violations. How much more punishment is coming down the road for football and the athletic department? Why take that job next year only for the hammer to come down a year into your HC tenure? The job is all risk, no reward.

And SU would never hire Briles with the stink of this on him.

What exactly is it that anyone knows Art Briles did or had knowledge of?

The posts on this board and several media articles intimate that he should never coach again and there is no way he could have or should have kept his job at Baylor. I get, and agree with, the fact that the head coach is ultimately responsible for what happens at his program and there are virtues in holding the head coach responsible to some degree. I also understand that if things that happened under his watch were bad enough, the coach must go. Discouraging or retaliating against complainants is bad stuff. I've got a daughter and am not an insensitive guy and don't have my head in the sand as if this isn't something significant. Before I say horrible things about Art Briles that I've seen in print, I'd have to have some indication that he engaged in it or knew of it being done.

However, I have yet to see any source of information or article that says Art Briles did anything or knew of anything being done that was inappropriate. Anyone with a link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom