Bazley Decommits | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the son WANTED to play. I believe it was the parents who wanted him held out. My two cents is thst they wanted to get the staffs opinion. "Should my son play"

What could the staff possibly Add to what the player and the training staff /team physician had told them.?

How is Boeheim qualified to have an opinion?

Your guessing about it is just that. Guessing.

What could the staff possibly Add to what the player and the training staff /team physician had told them.?

I suppose Jb could tell them if he planned to play their kid while he was injured.

I suppose Jb could tell them if he planned to play their kid while he was injured.
I suspect what he would have said was that was up to the medical staff and the player. And then if medical staff cleared the player, then it was up to the player.

JB has no role on this decision. He said so in the Press Conference. (“I never put a player in a game who doesn’t want to play”)

The difference between you and I is that you are willing to ascribe the basest of motives and behavior to people based on a very sketchy understanding of was was said.

And maybe the reason he is transferring is he is embarrassed. He opted not to play when he was capable and the team needed him.

He called his parents and they attempted to intercede. Which, of course, made him look even more like a big baby.

Of course this is all wild conjecture which makes one of the parties in this look bad. Which is what others are doing on here.

It is about respect. Do you really think that he shouldn't have called the parents of an injured player back?

It is about respect. Do you really think that he shouldn't have called the parents of an injured player back?

Maybe he was sending Matt a message that he should not have involved his parents on this because he is an adult. (And the parents too.)

If Matt gets a bad grade should the professor be required to talk to the parents?

When Matt gets a job and can’t complete a task , do the Moyers call the boss to explain why?

Maybe he was sending Matt a message that he should not have involved his parents on this because he is an adult. (And the parents too.)

If Matt gets a bad grade should the professor be required to talk to the parents?

When Matt gets a job and can’t complete a task , do the Moyers call the boss to explain why?
What type of injury should require the coach to talk to parents?

If Matt gets a bad grade because he missed classes due to an illness or if Matt couldnt complete his work assignments because of the same than yes .In the case of an injuy or illness i do believe they should expect to have a call returned.

I suspect what he would have said was that was up to the medical staff and the player. And then if medical staff cleared the player, then it was up to the player.

JB has no role on this decision. He said so in the Press Conference. (“I never put a player in a game who doesn’t want to play”)

The difference between you and I is that you are willing to ascribe the basest of motives and behavior to people based on a very sketchy understanding of was was said.
yep, that's me. I think a coach should return a parents phone call who is inquiring about their kids health. Guilty as charged

What type of injury should require the coach to talk to parents?
This was never going to be a discussion of any injury. The discussion of the injury between MM, the Moyers and the medical staff had already taken place. JB, who is not a medical professional can add nothing to that discussion.

Instead it was about Matt’s decision not to play even if the medical people had cleared him and had seen him moving around in practice.

Matt did not want to play and I assume told his parents and he told them that JB was going to want him to play.

The parents acting like parents wanted to talk to JB and explain the situation to him or to plead Matt’s case.

So stop trying to play the pathetic injured player card in this debate.

yep, that's me. I think a coach should return a parents phone call who is inquiring about their kids health. Guilty as charged

Let me try this one more time?

What you said about their inquiring about their sons health is wrong. That’s not what that call was going to about.

What was JB going to tell them about the injury that the medical staff and Matt hadn’t already?

The reason they called was about Matts decision not to play.

This was never going to be a discussion of any injury. The discussion of the injury between MM, the Moyers and the medical staff had already taken place. JB, who is not a medical professional can add nothing to that discussion.

Instead it was about Matt’s decision not to play even if the medical people had cleared him and had seen him moving around in practice.

Matt did not want to play and I assume told his parents and he told them that JB was going to want him to play.

The parents acting like parents wanted to talk to JB and explain the situation to him or to plead Matt’s case.

The coaching staff not returning a phone call was part of the freaking problem.

It’s no surprise you won’t answer my question.
Again what type of injury should require the coach to return a phone call?

Im with you that not calling the parents is blown out of proportion but whats your position on jb trashing him in the presser?

(Full disclosure: i think matt isnt good and im not upset with the transfer)

The coaching staff not returning a phone call was part of the freaking problem.

It’s no surprise you won’t answer my question.
Again what type of injury should require the coach to return a phone call?
That’s a ridiculous ask

That’s a ridiculous ask
No it’s not you just don’t want a concrete standard so it could come back against the staff.
I would say anytime a player gets injured in a game and doesn’t return that game would require a phone call.

Townie, you know what they say about assumptions. There is no assumption that he was injured. To what degree in an injury such as a severe ankle sprain is never definitive. Matt was injured, his parents were concerned and JB decided not to return their call. That is his prerogative. I dont agree with it.

No it’s not you just don’t want a concrete standard so it come back against the staff.
I would say anytime a player gets injured in a game and doesn’t return that game would require a phone call.

Seriously? In D-1 sports? I wouldn’t think that would be the norm at all, but could be off on that.

Im with you that not calling the parents is blown out of proportion but whats your position on jb trashing him in the presser?

(Full disclosure: i think matt isnt good and im not upset with the transfer)

Trash him?

He showed he was annoyed without saying so. But he certainly didn’t trash him. What he gave was a pretty straight forward recap of the facts of the case.

He said he didn’t know how bad the injury was. And that Matt had moved pretty well in practice and that the parents had somehow involved themselves.

How is that trashing”?

He said it was Matt’s decision and that he never insisted that players who didn’t want to play play.

I actually think the son WANTED to play. I believe it was the parents who wanted him held out.
We're in agreement here.

Seriously? In D-1 sports? I wouldn’t think that would be the norm at all, but could be off on that.
After an injury to a player you don’t think one of the 4 coaches at all schools don’t take a couple of minutes after the game if the parents/guardians aren’t at the game to let the parents/guardians of that athlete know the player is fine?

Townie, you know what they say about assumptions. There is no assumption that he was injured. To what degree in an injury such as a severe ankle sprain is never definitive. Matt was injured, his parents were concerned and JB decided not to return their call. That is his prerogative. I dont agree with it.
They had already talked to the medical staff and Matt. That represents everyone who knew anything substantive about his ankle.

They we’re not concerned about his injury. They were concerned about JBs reaction to Matt’s decision not to play.

So this happens.
None of the coaches should talk to the parents of then player who across the continent away from their son?
I bet coaches talked to the parents after this game to let them know KO was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom