Bazley Decommits | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB has handled Bazley perfectly IMO since he decommited.

Legit question: how has JB handled Bazley since he decommitted? He's just not said anything, correct? Is that what you mean?

I don’t know if his name was brought up but I mentioned on Twitter Winfred Walton he was top 5 McD ended up at UNLV nobody Knows the mans name anymore other then us SU fans.

Pretty sure he ended up at fresno

It seems pretty obvious to me that you have absolutely no bloody idea what a LOI contains or involves.

What you do have is an opinion of what it ought to be or what you wish it was.

Let me give you an somewhat analogous situation.

Suppose someone was to knock on your door this weekend and tell you, "We really like your house. If you were to sell it anytime during the next five years, we would like to have the option of matching the offer price. And for that option we will give you $10,000 today.

If at the end of the five years you have not sold your house, the person that has the option does not have the right to force you to sell.

That wasn't the agreement.

Same with Bazely and the LOI he signed. It did not require him to play college basketball.

So he won't be playing college basketball for SU next year or any college, for that matter.

An options contract is actually a bad analogy. An exclusive dealings contract is more on point—you dont have to buy, but if you do, its from us.

You seem to Be assuming the kid is guilty of misleading and being disingenuous without any knowledge of what transpired, what was said by whom or anything.

He may have been completely committed in his mind to come to SU when he signed it.

He may have been told, “Sign it and there will be a 1 year scholarship guarantee if you decide you want to go to college”. It is, after all, not a binding agreement. You don’t have to go and the school has no legal recourse if you do not.

There’s risk in this for the recruits and the schools. These are the colleges rules, through their association, the NCAA.

The real commitment wasn’t the paper he signed, but the verbal commitment to another group of human beings that then trusted his commitment. Breaking that trust is the issue, not the LOI.

The real commitment wasn’t the paper he signed, but the verbal commitment to another group of human beings that then trusted his commitment. Breaking that trust is the issue, not the LOI.

People change their minds.

And your taking offense at this is directly tied to your SU rooting interest and not to any real interest in everyone keeping their commitments. I doubt you were upset at Battle when he stiffed Michigan.

Yes, playing for Tark.

Yep, and he was done after one season never to be heard from again. Two years away from the game didn't help him. He should have stayed. Still can't understand how his mom thought leaving SU was the best decision. They took their anger out on JB, but Walton did it to himself.

That's not what happened but keeping disparaging a great family. Fred Moyer went to SU as a last resort after their calls were ignored. Please know the facts before posting this stuff.
Some of his calls were ignored. He didn’t like who was returning his calls according to a certain podcaster.

Legit question: how has JB handled Bazley since he decommitted? He's just not said anything, correct? Is that what you mean?
He was on the Gottlieb show and didn’t say anything negative.
Thus he was good.

So none of the coaches should respond to a phone call from a player’s parent who is injured?.
It was the middle of the season and the trainers/medical staff returned their calls. That should suffice. Would have been nice for at least an assistant to call back, but by no means a requirement.

It was the middle of the season and the trainers/medical staff returned their calls. That should suffice. Would have been nice for at least an assistant to call back, but by no means a requirement.
There is no reason to respond to you.
As this is a joke.
Great message for the program.
If it isn’t a requirement then defend the coach.

It’s good to know the coaching staff in your opinion doesn’t have return a phone call from a parent of a player injured because it’s during the middle of a season.

As this is a joke.

It’s good to know the coaching staff in your opinion doesn’t have return a phone call from a parent of a player injured because it’s during the middle of a season.
Of course they do. It is unacceptable. When Josh Pace told his mom he wanted to go to Syracuse, his mom went for a walk with Jb and said take care of my son. Some coaches accept that responsibility. Others just use the kid to try and win basketball games. Some coaches go to the NBA draft and root for their kids. Some don't. it really does come down to what are the things that are important to you. Jb as I have said, is a very complex guy. We all are to a degree. But not like him. You see some coaches and you can just tell they care about the kids that play for them. And others are what was written long ago in the book, meat on a hoof. The players are just players and they are just here for you to try and win games.

He just talked about the final Four and end of season.
He didn’t talk about Bazley so he was good.

I'll be more interested to hear what he says when he's asked about Bazley directly.

As this is a joke.

And yet you still responded.

Go back and look at the schedule. Moyer got hurt in the BC game at home. Three of the next four games were on the road. The other was against Virginia. The coaches were busy and the medical staff was in contact with the Moyers.

If all the Moyers wanted to know was the extent of the injury, they got their answer. There was nothing more for the coaches to add.

See Dasher’s response above. Even if the coach had nothing to add in regards to the injury, it’s about taking five minutes to call back to show you genuinely care about their son’s well being. That goes a long way.

See Dasher’s response above. Even if the coach had nothing to add in regards to the injury, it’s about taking five minutes to call back to show you genuinely care about their son’s well being. That goes a long way.

Yup. You wine and dine the parents to get their kid to come to your school. The least a HC or assistant can do is take a few minutes and return a phone call. That's a gimme.

I agree. That’s why I said it would have been nice for one of them to call back. I cringed when I first heard they didn’t.

The thing is, we don’t know all of the details. We don’t know when they called, how many times they called, and how long they waited to hear back.

I know they attended the Louisville game and that was the first time they saw the ankle in person. If the calls were placed after that game, then I think it’s fair to say they were impatient. If the calls were before Louisville, their frustration is understandable.

Yup. You wine and dine the parents to get their kid to come to your school. The least a HC or assistant can do is take a few minutes and return a phone call. That's a gimme.
Cmon I mean we are in the middle of the regular season. How can we expect our coaches to take 5 minutes and talk with a parent of a player hurt.
The staff has a lot on its plate.

Cmon I mean we are in the middle of the regular season. How can we expect our coaches to take 5 minutes and talk with a parent of a player hurt.
The staff has a lot on its plate.

Im surprised you are making such a big deal about the no call back v the press conference. I think this is all being blown out of proportion, but if im taking issue with anything, its the remarks in the presser

Im surprised you are making such a big deal about the no call back v the press conference. I think this is all being blown out of proportion, but if im taking issue with anything, its the remarks in the presser
If the parents phone call is returned do we know if Moyer’s dad drives to syracuse game and the Wake press conference happens?

Both incidents are why Moyer is gone IMO. Dasher has nailed the analysis on Moyer’s play on the team.

If the parents phone call is returned do we know if Moyer’s dad drives to syracuse game and the Wake press conference happens?

Both incidents are why Moyer is gone IMO. Dasher has nailed the analysis on Moyer’s play on the team.

Just because one thing led to the other, doesnt mean the subsequent action isnt worse, so not really sure what your saying there.

Im not defending jb but lets not make a mountain out of a molehill either. The press conference, thats inexcusable in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom