BC Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

No Head

No Heart

No Hustle
Yep. People can say JB has lost it all they want, but at the end of the day, the makeup and combination these players just doesn't work. JB has been to the FF twice in the last 4 years, started 25-0 in another year, and got 18 wins with a team that lacked talent (Rak's senior year). This is on the players.

Yep. People can say JB has lost it all they want, but at the end of the day, the makeup and combination these players just doesn't work. JB has been to the FF twice in the last 4 years, started 25-0 in another year, and got 18 wins with a team that lacked talent (Rak's senior year). This is on the players.

lol

I have never been more embarrassed in my life, this team should be ashamed
Are you really surprised though? The shock has worn off for me, and by the looks of it, the players as well. They know they aren't good.

Playing man to man also holds players responsible on defense. You can embarrass yourself if you don't show effort.

Did JB have to sign a deal with The Devil to go to FF last season?? if not i have no other explanation for what is happening this year

I still held some hope before this game that we could turn it around in ACC play. After what I just watched, this season is done.

No Moyer

No Chukwu

Lydon is still hobbled.

Don't know what the deal with DC was today.

We only have 6-7 chess pieces. No kings, and no queens. All pawns and rooks.

JB recruited these players. He totally misread this group. He has two point guards who can't score or run an offense. He has players that aren't suited for the zone. He runs the same defense and offense he has for years. There's a lot of good shooters now in the game, and playing zone all the time no longer works unless it's a perfect fit.

No Moyer

No Chukwu

Lydon is still hobbled.

Huh? They're non-competitive vs. mediocre to bad teams. What do BC or SJU or UConn have? Kings? If they're getting run off the floor by these teams, imagine what will happen when they actually play someone good?

No Moyer

No Chukwu

Lydon is still hobbled.

Who is in charge of assembling the pieces?
Who decided to RS Matthew Moyer?
Pascal Chukwu wasn't going to be anything more than a body.
Why not add
Who decided to run off Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson.
Who was a roster with ZERO Juniors.

JB is the top of the pyramid this crap falls on him.

No Moyer

No Chukwu

Lydon is still hobbled.

So our deepest team in years has turned into a 6.5 man rotation? I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you.

Why not add

Moyer breaking his foot made that decision for him.

The NCAA demanding that we cut to 10 players forced other decisions.

Are you really surprised though? The shock has worn off for me, and by the looks of it, the players as well. They know they aren't good.

Yes, Bc is fricken awful, I am surprised we couldn't compete with them.

Why not add

You're right...except about Kaleb Joseph who isn't an ACC caliber player. Had plenty of opportunities. Talent is not there. Plus we have to stop recruiting guys who are not PG's to play PG. It's the most important position on the court and we keep recruiting guys who are not point guards and trying to teach them to play the position. If anyone watched Howard in HS he was no PG. A program at our level should be able to recruit a pure PG.

Moyer breaking his foot made that decision for him.

The NCAA demanding that we cut to 10 players forced other decisions.
We didn't have to run anybody off. We could have kept our roster and then the penalties would have been pushed back a year.
JB wanted the penalties to start earlier and that is his decision.
Also those sanctions had nothing to do with Joseph being destroyed by JB.
Finally Moyer was medically cleared our staff decided to RS him.

JB recruited these players. He totally misread this group. He has two point guards who can't score or run an offense. He has players that aren't suited for the zone. He runs the same defense and offense he has for years. There's a lot of good shooters now in the game, and playing zone all the time no longer works unless it's a perfect fit.
You're right. JB did pick these guys. But man, the lack of heart is just astounding -it's not even close.

We didn't have to run anybody off. We could have kept our roster and then the penalties would have been pushed back a year.
JB wanted the penalties to start earlier and that is his decision.
Also those sanctions had nothing to do with Joseph being destroyed by JB.
Finally Moyer was medically cleared our staff decided to RS him.

Medically cleared, but two months behind in conditioning.

You're right. JB did pick these guys. But man, the lack of heart is just astounding -it's not even close.
Heart and we still haven't learned that all players cannot play 40 mpg.

Run him off for who though? We will literally have nobody else, as it stands.
For someone not here yet. We could pull any guard off a trash heap and get better play than that...he gone

JB has been on that train for years. "they're 20 year olds, they can play 40 minutes"
Some can. Tyler lydon and Andrew White can't. Cooney couldn't. Melo could. Waiters could. Not every player is the same

Some can. Tyler lydon and Andrew White can't. Cooney couldn't. Melo could. Waiters could. Not every player is the same

Some can, some can't. I agree. Also gotta look at even if someone "can", does their play warrant being on the court that much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom