BC postgame thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC postgame thoughts

Job done. Four guys in double figures (Jesse squeaking in with 10 in a pretty poor game for him).

Jesse foul trouble. Hima 4 blocks but not enough rebounding and a couple bad fouls on defense. JBA with a few nice plays. Maliq with a couple boards, but I don't think he got back in after the turnover.

Benny played well; this is why he deserves to keep getting chances, as opposed to Bell. Bell can't give you 16 points and 8 boards. Not gonna happen.

Girard with a few too many hero ball moments, and held the ball too long, too unwilling to pass as we worked the clock late in the game. Wound up our leading scorer though, and we needed the points. Taylor with a couple important 3's late. Copeland with a couple good plays.

Pretty good game, but not much more than that. This team is getting better. It's too bad we lost so many games early. We've won 7 out of 8 now.

Bell shouldn't start, period. But JB is trying different things and playing more guys than usual. I'd be remiss if I didn't, at least, acknowledge that.
JB continues to start Bell because he knows that Bell is the future as a big forward with the reputation of 3 pt. shooting. It's the same thing he's done with Benny, and after today it looks like it worked. I think it could also be a confidence bjuilder.

I'm a huge Judah fan. And I can absolutely see him going pro, no doubt.

But his second level decision making upon help/rotational defense is not good right now and that decision making is basically every single play he'll deal with in the NBA.

Good post. Judah needs a couple years, and he has to really improve his in game decisions.

JB continues to start Bell because he knows that Bell is the future as a big forward with the reputation of 3 pt. shooting. It's the same thing he's done with Benny, and after today it looks like it worked. I think it could also be a confidence bjuilder.

Yeah, I don't agree that he is.

Just my 0.02. Anybody that barely gets boards or assists and is a two dribble shooter is not my idea of a long term solution.

Sorry, but I don't see it. We've had better players transfer away in recent years.

He’s a child. nba is a man’s game

He's not at the level of a G League player this year, and he's not yet good enough to play in any of the Top 5 overseas leagues (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, etc.) without another couple seasons under his built.

For starters, he has to be able to finish in the lane through contact. Next, he has to make much better decisions on the drive, and he has to put more effort into looking to create easy baskets for this teammates. Then, he has to get stronger on defense, and work on his 3 ball so that he can hit close to 35%.

He's got talent but I'm tired of hearing these lazy Jonny Flynn comparisons by announcers. He is nowhere near as explosive or as good a player, to put it as plain as possible. He is way closer to a Jason Hart than he is to Jonny Flynn.

He's not at the level of a G League player this year, and he's not yet good enough to play in any of the Top 5 overseas leagues (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, etc.) without another couple seasons under his built.

For starters, he has to be able to finish in the lane through contact. Next, he has to make much better decisions on the drive, and he has to put more effort into looking to create easy baskets for this teammates. Then, he has to get stronger on defense, and work on his 3 ball so that he can hit close to 35%.

He's got talent but I'm tired of hearing these lazy Jonny Flynn comparisons by announcers. He is nowhere near as explosive or as good a player, to put it as plain as possible. He is way closer to a Jason Hart than he is to Jonny Flynn.
Can he go left?

That was a maddening game to be at live. Legit felt like a hose job by that crew about ten minutes into the second half.

Though Girard was great. Benny was awesome once he was benched and came back in.

Taylor with a couple of key shots in the second half.

Judah made some great and not so great plays.

Good to win by double figures when Edwards had his worst game of the season.

Mintz is a long way off from the pros. But they draft on potential these days. There were 3 NBA scouts in the stands today for the baby races alone.

Yeah, maybe so. But that's not a winning ticket this year.

Fwiw, you add nothing to this board. Your next insightful comment will be the first, you just take potshots at posters. It’s just trash
Acronyms should all be capitalized.

You should go back and watch some video of Pearl bringing the ball upcourt in a 1 man fast break. He was like a shark swimming through water.
…and NOBODY pressed Pearl.

Interesting game overall. Joe looked like the good Joe again. Benny played his best game in Orange.

Brown was too tentative tonight but wish he got a chance to get into the flow of the game.

When we run sets to get Taylor looks it gives us a boost almost every game. His footwork and comfort coming off those screens to put it up continues to improve.

Both teams traded long stretches of uninspired sluggish play mingled with some good runs, especially in the first half.

That freshman Aligbe is a nice player. Obviously makes freshman mistakes but if not for him we probably put them away earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom