BC postgame thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BC postgame thoughts

Yes and I would be giving the minutes and the starting spot to the ones I want to stay
Clearly JB wants Bell to stay. He believes Bell has the most potential and I can’t say he’s wrong. He could be another Southerland.

It’s just as clear he’s a work in progress. Aside from outside shooting, he looks like he could eventually become a good help defender.

I’d rather just start the best guys in the first place.
There’s always more to it than that. In today’s game, you have to consider the long term ramifications of every decision you make.

Clearly JB wants Bell to stay. He believes Bell has the most potential and I can’t say he’s wrong. He could be another Southerland.

It’s just as clear he’s a work in progress. Aside from outside shooting, he looks like he could eventually become a good help defender.
Should he have started the forward with the most long term potential last year, even though he wasn’t doing much when he was in?

Should he have started the forward with the most long term potential last year, even though he wasn’t doing much when he was in?
This is such a great point he continued playing Jimmy III an overwhelming majority of the minutes at forward instead of giving Benny those developmental minutes in the second half of the season when we were clearly out of it.
He didn’t care by this logic if Benny transferred at the end of the season if he so chose to do so.

I just looked at Jimmy’s Mpg last year he played more minutes per game last year than he did any season at Cornell. That is kinda funny in a frustrating way.

Disagree. You can’t keep starting a lineup that doesn’t work and getting behind early.
I agree that the change is needed but I am not so quick to blame our game after game slow starts on Bell. Totally amazing how we just can not come out of the starting blocks ready to go!

Neither Joe nor Judah seem to enjoy other people getting hot.

They each had an assist on Taylor’s two 3 pointers. Joes was real nice as he penetrated and kicked it out to him. Joe has also gotten Bell plenty of shots. I’ve seen nothing where neither Judah nor Joe try to prevent someone from getting hot nor aren’t happy if they do. Is today conspiracy Saturday?

I agree that the change is needed but I am not so quick to blame our game after game slow starts on Bell. Totally amazing how we just can not come out of the starting blocks ready to go!
Not saying it’s all on him….that lineup as a whole just doesn’t seem to be working and he’s the obvious one to replace.

This is such a great point he continued playing Jimmy III an overwhelming majority of the minutes at forward instead of giving Benny those developmental minutes in the second half of the season when we were clearly out of it.
He didn’t care by this logic if Benny transferred at the end of the season if he so chose to do so.

I just looked at Jimmy’s Mpg last year he played more minutes per game last year than he did any season at Cornell. That is kinda funny in a frustrating way.

Another myth. One, Benny got plenty of chances last year. I’m not going back and doing the math again but Benny was averaging like 14mpg the first half season. And he was doing nothing. People here were saying the same things about him as they say now about Bell. Why is he playing at all.

Two, what is “out of it”?

Three, JB never wanted Benny to transfer. That’s laughable.

You might consider starting Brown across from Benny, but JB won’t.

You bench Bell and he’s probably gone.
so what, the portal works both ways

With this team it doesn’t matter who starts. JB played the entire roster in the first half. Benny was terrific the final 23 minutes. We scored 8 points the first nine minutes of the game and put up neatly 70 the final thirty minutes. It’s seems this team takes time to figure out each game. I have to say, I think this was the worst officiated game I’ve witnessed the past twenty years. There were four occasions that the play was going on and Valentine wasn’t even watching the game. He spent the entire game talking to coaches and not even paying attention to the game. I thought the heavier set official was literally trying to screw us. Fouls were 8-1 at one point in the second half. There were calls that had no bearing on the game and these three clowns came out of nowhere with phantom calls.

Junior was clearly better than Williams last year. It’s nowhere near as obvious this year.

Let’s say Taylor becomes the starter. It will only be a matter of time before people say he should be benched for Copeland or even Bell. Some will even say it after one game.

There’s not enough separating the three. Quibbling over who should start is a silly exercise if all three are playing and JB goes with whomever has the hot hand or is playing the best that game. Which is what happened today.

Junior was clearly better than Williams last year. It’s nowhere near as obvious this year.

Let’s say Taylor becomes the starter. It will only be a matter of time before people say he should be benched for Copeland or even Bell. Some will even say it after one game.

There’s not enough separating the three. Quibbling over who should start is a silly exercise if all three are playing and JB goes with whomever has the hot hand or is playing the best that game. Which is what happened today.
I would bet the difference between Brown and Bell’s PER is much greater than the difference between Jimmy and Benny’s PER last year.

While Williams did deserve more minutes (although not a ton), he did not deserve to start.

And again, there’s more nuance involved here. It’s not just about starting someone, it’s also about benching someone.

Did everyone start partying early? Or is it Conspiracy Saturday?

1. Judah and Joe don’t get along on the court.
2. Judah and Joe don’t like it when someone else gets hot.
3. Brown is being Boeheimed.
4. JB wanted Benny to transfer.

Come on people.

I would bet the difference between Brown and Bell’s PER is much greater than the difference between Jimmy and Benny’s PER last year.
Brown is not going to replace Bell in the starting five. It’s between Bell, Taylor, and Copeland for one spot and Williams, Brown, and JBA for the other. You guys know this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom