BC postgame thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BC postgame thoughts

You should go back and watch some video of Pearl bringing the ball upcourt in a 1 man fast break. He was like a shark swimming through water.

Judah's low hanging underhanded layups reminds me of Pearl the way he would hang sideways in the air and use the rim to keep the ball from getting blocked.

Edit
My comment about Judah's low center of gravity was poking fun at his constantly being on the floor.

Last edited:

stick to posting gems like this. For me now...youre like the wind
What?! They do suck. Are you a little obsessed with me? I’m not sure whether to feel honored or creeped out.
Also, the wind is pretty much everywhere.

Yeah, I don't agree that he is.

Just my 0.02. Anybody that barely gets boards or assists and is a two dribble shooter is not my idea of a long term solution.
Who do you start in Bell’s place? It won’t be Brown or JBA because of redundancy with Williams. That leaves Taylor and Copeland. They’re all inconsistent freshmen, so I’m fine with the status quo, as long as JB has a quick hook.

Missed the first half so don’t have the complete picture. Exciting to see Benny start to live up to his potential. Don’t want to turn into the “old man yelling at clouds” but his development from this time last year is what makes college bball fun.

Copeland wasn’t great in the few minutes I saw but love the energy/edge he plays with. Think we need more of it since we seem to start so slow.

Hima is so much further along than I would’ve expected. He’s a force defensively.

Taylor hitting those shots was big. Getting consistent 3 point shooting would help this team a lot.

Let’s take care of business Tuesday and have some confidence going into a resume builder Saturday.

That was a maddening game to be at live. Legit felt like a hose job by that crew about ten minutes into the second half.

Though Girard was great. Benny was awesome once he was benched and came back in.

Taylor with a couple of key shots in the second half.

Judah made some great and not so great plays.

Good to win by double figures when Edwards had his worst game of the season.
I I thought it was a really fun game to be at live! I brought someone who hadn’t been in the Dome for 20 years (used to have season tickets) and he had a blast. Yes, the refs were ridiculous (especially how they would call non-shooting fouls on plays where we were clearly shooting), but the game had excitement and the crowd there was enthusiastic.

The guys mostly played with energy, except not so much Jesse. I don’t know what’s going on with him. Jesse, fight for the ball, FIGHT!

Who do you start in Bell’s place? It won’t be Brown or JBA because of redundancy with Williams. That leaves Taylor and Copeland. They’re all inconsistent freshmen, so I’m fine with the status quo, as long as JB has a quick hook.

Bell shoots threes at a 32% clip. His overall FG% is 41%. His PER is less than 10. He's a net negative literally every second he's on the court.

We can call him a shooter all we want, doesn't make him one. I absolutely would consider Brown to start across from Benny if Benny can play like he did today. I think JT is worth the investment because even tho he isn't efficient either, he has more tools than Bell has shown so far.

If Benny continues to progress and Judah stays, next year we could be legit again.

Glad this team is bouncing back with six wins in seven games.

Just need to keep banking wins, stay healthy, keep solidifying the right rotation.
Now I want JG3 to be the fifth year senior.

Taylor is consistently in defensive and rebounding position, has no problem deferring to others and we’ve already seen he can get hot and score in crazy bunches.

Sometimes Bell makes shots.

Crazy that Bell just about always plays more minutes. Fine if he starts but if he isn’t on fire he just can’t be out there more.

Bell shoots threes at a 32% clip. His overall FG% is 41%. His PER is less than 10. He's a net negative literally every second he's on the court.

We can call him a shooter all we want, doesn't make him one. I absolutely would consider Brown to start across from Benny if Benny can play like he did today. I think JT is worth the investment because even tho he isn't efficient either, he has more tools than Bell has shown so far.
You might consider starting Brown across from Benny, but JB won’t.

You bench Bell and he’s probably gone.

You might consider starting Brown across from Benny, but JB won’t.

You bench Bell and he’s probably gone.
Bell is not a talent worth letting him start just so he won’t transfer. Whose to say he won’t portal anyway for some other reason.

If the kid as a freshman has to start what happens next year if he isn’t the best option does he get to start for 4 years so he won’t transfer?

Bell should be coming off the bench.

Bell isn’t good enough to demand a starting spot in the long run Taylor will be better. If it is start me or I am transferring for Bell then let him go don’t need that kind of selfish attitude.

Bell is not a talent worth letting him start just so he won’t transfer. Whose to say he won’t portal anyway for some other reason.

If the kid as a freshman has to start what happens next year if he isn’t the best option does he get to start for 4 years so he won’t transfer?

Bell should be coming off the bench.
I would agree if someone stood out from the pack. Sometimes Taylor looks the part, sometimes Copeland looks the part, and sometimes Bell looks the part.

The bigger issue is leaving Bell in too long. That wasn’t the case today.

Bell isn’t good enough to demand a starting spot in the long run Taylor will be better. If it is start me or I am transferring for Bell then let him go don’t need that kind of selfish attitude.
BTW, I never said Bell demanded a starting spot. No one likes being demoted, that’s all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom