BC postgame thoughts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

BC postgame thoughts

Love to see Benny play with confidence and hit shots. His rebounding and energy on the boards is great to see as well...I think he's just scratching the surface and will continue to get better.

Very interesitng to hear he is the best forward in practice...I know he's always had potential...great to see him start to put it together.

Hats off to Joe...he looked dead in the water in the early stretch of bad losses...but he's been in the zone the past 6 or 7 games...he played great today...and I think having Judah be the PG and Joe simply being a gunner out there suits him. I was impressed with the elevation and finish he got on the layup off the backdoor pass from Jon Bol.

Nice to see him get it together...it was looking shaky there.
Yup…..I’d never seen him as bad as he was in that scoreless stretch(which weirdly followed a game where he lit it up), but he has turned it around big time since then.

Need a reasonably efficient 15 ppg from him while providing a solid second ball handler.

love the deep rotation...playing 10 -11 players is more complicated but the energy of the team and the vibe is just stronger overall...

it's going to pay off later in the season...will keep getting better from here

It's not because JB decided to play 10-11 guys. it's because the guys he's playing haven't impressed enough to become part of a shorter rotation.

It's not because JB decided to play 10-11 guys. it's because the guys he's playing haven't impressed enough to become part of a shorter rotation.
definitely possible. but i think back to some of the best recent orange teams that had deep rotations...

I think the team is better playin more players...and the short rotations have also been becuase there havent been enough players good enough to go deeper.

IMO all 10-11 of the players playing have been making solid contributions...not every game ...but enough to deserve to continue to get minutes...which is huge.

it gives the team options - makes them harder to scout...and prevents running out of gas late in games like last season

BC wins this game last year, imo

Yup…..I’d never seen him as bad as he was in that scoreless stretch(which weirdly followed a game where he lit it up), but he has turned it around big time since then.

Need a reasonably efficient 15 ppg from him while providing a solid second ball handler.
I wonder why that happens? It has to be psychological, doesn’t it? I’ve never played a team sport. Maybe someone who has - and there has to be at least one or two of you on this board :rolleyes: - can explain “cold spells” to me.

I wonder why that happens? It has to be psychological, doesn’t it? I’ve never played a team sport. Maybe someone who has - and there has to be at least one or two of you on this board :rolleyes: - can explain “cold spells” to me.
IMO. ”cold spells” with Joe are mostly determined by who and how well someone is guarding him.

Great effort from Benny in this one on the glass, and some confident looking jumpers.

Taylor just has a really good looking release. Looking forward to him next year.

Hima is better than I thought but he did have some up and down moments today. I’ll take those though and expect them when he’s in. Bottom line he has 5 fouls to use and Jesse does not.

No problem with Brown not getting a lot of run in this game where Benny was playing well.

I am getting really sick of that obnoxious bald guy doing the That is Hockey commercials. An update is needed.

Saw "obnoxious" and "hockey commercials" -
Thought you were talking about Ric for CarShield!

A few thoughts
-Judah was disappointing. He has to take care of the ball better.
-I can’t help but wonder why it takes time on the bench to get Benny’s head in the game. But that being said he was fantastic. For the first time he actually used his athleticism on defense to be a real difference maker. To his immense credit he clearly is working diligently on his shot because the arc is dramatically different. Even his free throws look confident. He seems so likable I root for him so hard but he is such an enigma. As good as he was yesterday he still could be much better if he went directly to the basket. I am dying to see him try to dunk on somebody and if I were his coach I would tell him the fact that his shot doesn’t get blocked more often demonstrates he doesn’t go to the basket enough.
-good to see Taylor contribute. Huge shots. Like Benny I would like to see him go to the basket more. I thought somebody above made a great point he was open on a couple of occasions and Joe ignored him. On his drive he will get that call and get to the line once he establishes himself more. But with him in the game it gives us another guy who can take care of the ball and not turn it over. He also takes high-quality looks and plays hard on defense
-Joe was good yesterday for the most part. But against a better team all that dribbling is going to get us nowhere. And again his shot selection was iffy at times. He could be such a weapon if he only took good shots but I guess at this point in his career that won’t change. Part of him will always think he is playing for glens Falls.
-he is so raw but Hima was a great find by the staff. His size, athleticism and motor are impressive. He has absolutely no idea how to play defense without fouling but for now he is just what we need. Hopefully he will improve with coaching just like Jesse did.
-I thought JB made a good point about loose balls in his press conference. We have to be better in that regard especially with the athleticism on this team. Once again I would’ve loved for the lazy Syracuse media to ask him why Brown was stapled to the bench.
-New Year’s Eve would’ve been hideous had we lost to that pathetic program.

Love to see Benny play with confidence and hit shots. His rebounding and energy on the boards is great to see as well...I think he's just scratching the surface and will continue to get better.

Very interesitng to hear he is the best forward in practice...I know he's always had potential...great to see him start to put it together.
Is Benny a sneaky decent 3 pt shooter? I think he’s shooting like 33%, which sounds decent to me

A few thoughts
-Judah was disappointing. He has to take care of the ball better.
-I can’t help but wonder why it takes time on the bench to get Benny’s head in the game. But that being said he was fantastic. For the first time he actually used his athleticism on defense to be a real difference maker. To his immense credit he clearly is working diligently on his shot because the arc is dramatically different. Even his free throws look confident. He seems so likable I root for him so hard but he is such an enigma. As good as he was yesterday he still could be much better if he went directly to the basket. I am dying to see him try to dunk on somebody and if I were his coach I would tell him the fact that his shot doesn’t get blocked more often demonstrates he doesn’t go to the basket enough.
-good to see Taylor contribute. Huge shots. Like Benny I would like to see him go to the basket more. I thought somebody above made a great point he was open on a couple of occasions and Joe ignored him. On his drive he will get that call and get to the line once he establishes himself more. But with him in the game it gives us another guy who can take care of the ball and not turn it over. He also takes high-quality looks and plays hard on defense
-Joe was good yesterday for the most part. But against a better team all that dribbling is going to get us nowhere. And again his shot selection was iffy at times. He could be such a weapon if he only took good shots but I guess at this point in his career that won’t change. Part of him will always think he is playing for glens Falls.
-he is so raw but Hima was a great find by the staff. His size, athleticism and motor are impressive. He has absolutely no idea how to play defense without fouling but for now he is just what we need. Hopefully he will improve with coaching just like Jesse did.
-I thought JB made a good point about loose balls in his press conference. We have to be better in that regard especially with the athleticism on this team. Once again I would’ve loved for the lazy Syracuse media to ask him why Brown was stapled to the bench.
-New Year’s Eve would’ve been hideous had we lost to that pathetic program.

Judah did struggle early and made mistakes with 4 TOs and some bad shots. He also then got himself into the game and finished with 18 and 7 assists plus 2 steals.

At least two of the fouls we're iffy
As were some of those on Jesse; with TV Teddy you always get too many calls that are bad coupled with too many no calls because he can’t strut as he loves to do!

I missed most of the first half, and only got to see good Benny. But it was really good Benny!
Stroking shots with confidence, grabbing boards (including put backs), active on defense. Overall, he just looked natural and not thinking too much anymore, and confident that he knew what to do and could. Hope to see that last all year.

I wish Judah would bring the ball up quicker. He reminds me of how slow Frank was. He's been taking 6 to 8 seconds to get the ball to mid court and then a few more seconds before his first pass. He's fun to watch for the most part, but that aspect of his game drives me nuts.

I missed most of the first half, and only got to see good Benny. But it was really good Benny!
Stroking shots with confidence, grabbing boards (including put backs), active on defense. Overall, he just looked natural and not thinking too much anymore, and confident that he knew what to do and could. Hope to see that last all year.

Yep. He was even looking like a guy we wanted to go to a few possessions as well which I'm not holding my breath that continues but if it's truly finally happening that would be a monstrous development.

Judah's low hanging underhanded layups reminds me of Pearl the way he would hang sideways in the air and use the rim to keep the ball from getting blocked.

Edit
My comment about Judah's low center of gravity was poking fun at his constantly being on the floor.

Got it. Funny comment.

This is such a great point he continued playing Jimmy III an overwhelming majority of the minutes at forward instead of giving Benny those developmental minutes in the second half of the season when we were clearly out of it.
He didn’t care by this logic if Benny transferred at the end of the season if he so chose to do so.

I just looked at Jimmy’s Mpg last year he played more minutes per game last year than he did any season at Cornell. That is kinda funny in a frustrating way.

Good observation. Glad that pop coaching his kids is over. Buddy and Jimmy are both very good players, but they both played way too much at the expense of others over the last few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom