BC postgame thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

BC postgame thoughts

Brown is not going to replace Bell in the starting five. It’s between Bell, Taylor, and Copeland for one spot and Williams, Brown, and JBA for the other. You guys know this.
Yeah, you can’t start multiple guys who are good/bad at the same things…..

With this team it doesn’t matter who starts. JB played the entire roster in the first half. Benny was terrific the final 23 minutes. We scored 8 points the first nine minutes of the game and put up neatly 70 the final thirty minutes. It’s seems this team takes time to figure out each game. I have to say, I think this was the worst officiated game I’ve witnessed the past twenty years. There were four occasions that the play was going on and Valentine wasn’t even watching the game. He spent the entire game talking to coaches and not even paying attention to the game. I thought the heavier set official was literally trying to screw us. Fouls were 8-1 at one point in the second half. There were calls that had no bearing on the game and these three clowns came out of nowhere with phantom calls.
The officiating definitely was one sided in the first 10 minutes or so of the second half. That erased our 10 point lead and actually moved BC ahead by a few points. As soon as i seen TV Teddy announced, I knew we were in for an interesting day. Does it seem like we get him more often than other ref's?

Yeah, you can’t start multiple guys who are good/bad at the same things…..
It’s just a waste of time arguing over things JB will obviously never do.

And I recognize there’s only a slight chance Bell gets benched.

While Williams did deserve more minutes (although not a ton), he did not deserve to start.

And again, there’s more nuance involved here. It’s not just about starting someone, it’s also about benching someone.
Benny was a 5 star top 30 recruit. He didn’t deserve to start? What is Bell? 3 star?
Who is more likely to be patient a top 30 recruit or a 3 star?

I looked at the minutes per game for Benny after New Year’s Day he played double digit minutes 5 times out of 17 minutes.
Benny is a 5 star those are the type of recruits you worry about losing.

I don’t want to respond to the previous poster when you have no chance at an at-large bid you are out of it and can play for the future until you get to the conference tournament.

Benny deserved what Bell is getting this year and he didn’t. 5 stars aren’t asked to be patient.
If anything Benny should have started and then Jimmy III yank him but you have inferred why that was never happening.

The officiating definitely was one sided in the first 10 minutes or so of the second half. That erased our 10 point lead and actually moved BC ahead by a few points. As soon as i seen TV Teddy announced, I knew we were in for an interesting day. Does it seem like we get him more often than other ref's?
I had to wonder if the refs were trying to keep us from covering during the second half. They refused to call fouls on BC.

And if this conspiracy theory is true, I’m glad they failed.

Benny was a 5 star top 30 recruit. He didn’t deserve to start? What is Bell? 3 star?
Who is more likely to be patient a top 30 recruit or a 3 star?

I looked at the minutes per game for Benny after New Year’s Day he played double digit minutes 5 times out of 17 minutes.
Benny is a 5 star those are the type of recruits you worry about losing.

I don’t want to respond to the previous poster when you have no chance at an at-large bid you are out of it and can play for the future until you get to the conference tournament.

Benny deserved what Bell is getting this year and he didn’t. 5 stars aren’t asked to be patient.
If anything Benny should have started and then Jimmy III yank him but you have inferred why that was never happening.
Frankly, you’re comparing apples and oranges. It’s not the same situation.

Did last year’s team need more athleticism and defense or more offense? Both available options to start were new players with no experience in the system.
What is the difference? You can say it.

Did last year’s team need more athleticism and defense or more offense? Both available options to start were new players with no experience in the system.
What is the difference? You can say it.
I’ve already said it. Rather than repeat myself, please refer to my previous posts.

Brown is not going to replace Bell in the starting five. It’s between Bell, Taylor, and Copeland for one spot and Williams, Brown, and JBA for the other. You guys know this.

The three guys you just grouped together that can’t be grouped with Brown:

E0B222C8-D828-42F2-B519-3E95BFDD4A08.jpeg

I’ve already said it. Rather than repeat myself, please refer to my previous posts.
All I will say it’s not an apples to orange comparison as you said.
Last year we needed defense more than offense.
This year we need offense more than defense.

Again find me where a program that doesn’t start a top 30 5 star freshman and stars a 3 star the following year unless the team is very talented or very good which we weren’t. We are worried the 3 star might transfer if he doesn’t start but aren’t worried about a 5 star doing the same?

You know the decisions haven’t been consistent and the reason can’t be said because it will bother a perspective.

All I will say it’s not an apples to orange comparison as you said.
Last year we needed defense more than offense.
This year we need offense more than defense.

Again find me where a program doesn’t start a top 30 5 star freshman unless the team is very talented or very good which we weren’t.

You know the decisions haven’t been consistent and the reason can’t be said because it will bother a perspective.
Happy New Year!

Are you agreeing with me? That’s not a huge disparity.

Not at all. Point being I don’t see any evidence as to why you had those groupings based on any production to date.

Unless you are just stating JB sees it as that regardless of an iceberg dead ahead.

Not at all. Point being I don’t see any evidence as to why you had those groupings based on any production to date.

Unless you are just stating JB sees it as that regardless of an iceberg dead ahead.
The latter.

Exactly. JB is trying to find another shooter(s) opposite Joe. It’s Bell or Justin. And last year Benny got plenty of chances early and didn’t produce.

Who do you start in Bell’s place? It won’t be Brown or JBA because of redundancy with Williams. That leaves Taylor and Copeland. They’re all inconsistent freshmen, so I’m fine with the status quo, as long as JB has a quick hook.
Brown is the obvious choice due to his routine production - I think he would help prevent our slow starts. Taylor is also a good alternative due to his shooting, handle, and moxie. Copeland has a lot of skills but he is out of control way too much - I'd prefer he drop out of the rotation.

Should he have started the forward with the most long term potential last year, even though he wasn’t doing much when he was in?
Yeah, I thought JB's MO was to win today and worry about player development in practice.

I like that he continues to play a lot of guys. I don't think the communication was that great in the first half. But everybody is getting a chance to make an impact on winning the game.
love the deep rotation...playing 10 -11 players is more complicated but the energy of the team and the vibe is just stronger overall...

it's going to pay off later in the season...will keep getting better from here

Neither Joe nor Judah seem to enjoy other people getting hot.
Neither seems to look for him especially during feed the hot hand times. really good teams don’t care who scores as long as they win

Hats off to Joe...he looked dead in the water in the early stretch of bad losses...but he's been in the zone the past 6 or 7 games...he played great today...and I think having Judah be the PG and Joe simply being a gunner out there suits him. I was impressed with the elevation and finish he got on the layup off the backdoor pass from Jon Bol.

Nice to see him get it together...it was looking shaky there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom