Benny | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU coach Adrian Autry had no comment about Williams’ status in the post-game news conference.

Williams, the junior forward, was dressed in uniform for the game, though he wore his navy Syracuse warmups throughout the contest.

He warmed up with the team before the game and at halftime.

He is not injured, an SU spokesman said.

Since he warmed up my guess is he may have gotten pissy about not starting. But maybe not. Lol.

Why no comment? It’s a reasonable question. Can’t we get a reasonable answer?
I am with you. Enough is enough! They want us to support the team, buy season tickets, support them on the road but play the "I see nothing, hear nothing and say nothing game". Time to stop the game with your fans. If you do not need us or not want us to know what is going on, then let us know. I was a Syracuse fan before Red was born and I do no need this "guess what thimble the pea is under" game. We have been totally embarrassed two days in a row on national TV.

I am with you. Enough is enough! They want us to support the team, buy season tickets, support them on the road but play the "I see nothing, hear nothing and say nothing game". Time to stop the game with your fans. If you do not need us or not want us to know what is going on, then let us know. I was a Syracuse fan before Red was born and I do no need this "guess what thimble the pea is under" game. We have been totally embarrassed two days in a row on national TV.

They'll comment when they are ready to comment.

It will likely be a doozy of a comment as well, is my guess...

Red really has his hands full as a first year coach. Don’t envy him. Cupboard bare. Tough personalities. And then there’s Benny.

Big difference between Red’s way of handling these things and JBs. Not saying one is right or wrong but Red tried to lay the law down early. And with that there may have to be some casualties. Or attitude adjustments. Hope the fans don’t immediately turn on Red though. He doesn’t have an easy situation. This isn’t the team or style he wants to be rolling out.

The miss on Benny has been a huge factor in the team’s struggles the past 3 years. A 4/5 star who was supposed to be a versatile forward (size, inside/outside scoring, rebounding) - if that guy was here, things might look a little different. Our better teams have almost always had a dynamic forward - he just hasn’t been that.

And now, with a fresh start, this is what happens. Just disappointing on every level.

Red really has his hands full as a first year coach. Don’t envy him. Cupboard bare. Tough personalities. And then there’s Benny.

Big difference between Red’s way of handling these things and JBs. Not saying one is right or wrong but Red tried to lay the law down early. And with that there may have to be some casualties. Or attitude adjustments. Hope the fans don’t immediately turn on Red though. He doesn’t have an easy situation. This isn’t the team or style he wants to be rolling out.
We aren’t turning on his ability to control attitudes, we’re turning on his ability to coach basketball.

We aren’t turning on his ability to control attitudes, we’re turning on his ability to coach basketball.
Not sure if you watched last few years….but we haven’t been great and lost many similar games. Remember the Illinois debacle last year? Nobody looks like a good coach when the entire team doesn’t make shots, we have a consistent head case, we don’t have a real center and the rest of the guys aren’t going full tilt. I don’t think it’s fair to judge Red after five games.

Since he warmed up my guess is he may have gotten pissy about not starting. But maybe not. Lol.
I would think he has used up all his "get out of jail" cards by now

Not sure if you watched last few years….but we haven’t been great and lost many similar games. Remember the Illinois debacle last year? Nobody looks like a good coach when the entire team doesn’t make shots, we have a consistent head case, we don’t have a real center and the rest of the guys aren’t going full tilt. I don’t think it’s fair to judge Red after five games.
Of course, we had some really bad games, but had some structure. We have a little more talent now and look like we all met for the first time at the park.

this has to be really tough for Red...I heard his relationship with Benny was really strong and I thought it would bring the best out of Benny and really benefit Red and the team in his first year...

if this doesnt get ironed out...gonna be a major blow to the team...there really isnt a similar player on the roster and that forward spot is a glaring hole (along with center, too, unfortunately)

ay yay yay

I get that people want to know what's going on but maybe it's really just none of our business. Sometimes things need to stay within the team, whether fans like it or not.
I said before basketball is just a game, Benny needs to forget about basketball, and straighten himself out. And the University should help him with that as long as he is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom