Benny | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU coach Adrian Autry had no comment about Williams’ status in the post-game news conference.

Williams, the junior forward, was dressed in uniform for the game, though he wore his navy Syracuse warmups throughout the contest.

He warmed up with the team before the game and at halftime.

He is not injured, an SU spokesman said.

About done w/ Benny.

Thats It Al Pacino GIF

Red really has his hands full as a first year coach. Don’t envy him. Cupboard bare. Tough personalities. And then there’s Benny.

Big difference between Red’s way of handling these things and JBs. Not saying one is right or wrong but Red tried to lay the law down early. And with that there may have to be some casualties. Or attitude adjustments. Hope the fans don’t immediately turn on Red though. He doesn’t have an easy situation. This isn’t the team or style he wants to be rolling out.
Cupboard bare, if only he had the chance to recruit players out of the portal and been recruiting for this team for 10 years…

Red really has his hands full as a first year coach. Don’t envy him. Cupboard bare. Tough personalities. And then there’s Benny.

Big difference between Red’s way of handling these things and JBs. Not saying one is right or wrong but Red tried to lay the law down early. And with that there may have to be some casualties. Or attitude adjustments. Hope the fans don’t immediately turn on Red though. He doesn’t have an easy situation. This isn’t the team or style he wants to be rolling out.
I agree with your post but enough is enough. When Donna asked about Benny, tell us what is up. Do not hide behind "No comment". He was on a three game suspension, played briefly in yesterday's game - BTW scoring 8 pts and he sits today. Why do I or any other fans tune in to watch a disfunctional Orange team pop the bed two days in a row on national TV. Time for Red to fish or cut bait! (As said by another poster!)

Agreed, it’s not the best way to handle the question because it leaves the door open to the worst assumptions.

Even if Red had said “it’s a team disciplinary matter and I won’t get into the details,” it’s a better answer.
That is sort of what he said, isn't it. It wasn't an injury or he would have hinted at that. He didn't say anything like we will see if he is able to play on Weds. Which, I would be very surprised if he trotted out there on Weds. Very surprised.

That is sort of what he said, isn't it. It wasn't an injury or he would have hinted at that. He didn't say anything like we will see if he is able to play on Weds. Which, I would be very surprised if he trotted out there on Weds. Very surprised.
I didn’t see the presser. Just assuming the person who indicated he gave a “no comment” was accurate.

If accurate, it’s not really the same thing.

Cupboard bare, if only he had the chance to recruit players out of the portal and been recruiting for this team for 10 years…
Was he the head coach? No. We were recruiting with our hands tied behind our back. You may not like it but assistants going up against another head coach….its not easy closing the deal. Our recruiting suffered as JB put less effort in. That’s reality.

Some guys respond well to strict rules, some don’t. I’ve pretty much forgotten everything that happened last year. Maybe this was happening then, too, idk. But if Red is being more strict than Benny is cool with, they both need to just part ways sooner than later. College players sign up to play for coaches more so than teams. Benny got hit with a material change to the ‘contract’ he signed. Could be time to rip the contract up.

This isn’t a shot at Red. He might not even be strict. Benny might just be an a-hole. I have no idea.

Ooofa. Yeah, i was thinking at the start of the game that if Benny is not playing because of non-injury related reasons, that would signal the end of his SU career. I cannot fathom another rule violation on the heels of the last, and after the ‘absence’ last season. The team cannot count on him. I was hoping he would be soon restored to the starting lineup, but… I fear we’re going to get the dreaded notification that he’s leaving the program. Hope to be wayyyyyy off base here.

Can Freeman reclassify? To… December?

If it is booze related lame by Red pretty sure he’s 21 and even if he isn’t who cares he’s in Hawaii and probably needed/wanted a few Mai tais. Lots of athletes play better with light hangovers as well.

I’m totally cluelesss and unconnected just putting that out there.

I’m done with Benny, but I hope Red isn’t strict with suspensions in general going forward. I prefer JB’s thought process that it hurts the team. I want to win games first and foremost.

The Syracuse I remember was a farm league 1-5 seed 2 out of three years and usually a 6-16 the other.

Benny had the seniority alone at the end of last season once Jessie left and Hima disappeared from the roster. He just got ripped out of the high post in this new system, and the zone. Maybe Jessie didnt leave for the money?

A coach has lots to handle does adding new team rules make it easier? But we make excuses with everything else that's knocking us down. It should go both ways a bit.

Dont see what possibly could of happened in 7 hours, but its pretty rare you hear x player suspended by our opponents. Just saying.

I'm knocking on wood its just a injury because I think he made the Jr leap but never the sophmore.

I wonder if this was a rule that could of been made just for new recruits and messed with our starting lineup at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
Some guys respond well to strict rules, some don’t. I’ve pretty much forgotten everything that happened last year. Maybe this was happening then, too, idk. But if Red is being more strict than Benny is cool with, they both need to just part ways sooner than later. College players sign up to play for coaches more so than teams. Benny got hit with a material change to the ‘contract’ he signed. Could be time to rip the contract up.

This isn’t a shot at Red. He might not even be strict. Benny might just be an a-hole. I have no idea.
The coach he signed up to play for, if he came back, I'm pretty sure Benny would have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom