Benny | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone needs to take a chill pill. Red’s only a few games into his tenure and needs time to shape his team. He’s missing pieces of the puzzle and once those pieces are inserted they will flourish. McLeod is early in his development and we need to recognize that! Mintz started last year exactly like this year with not sharing the ball and then shared much better, let’s hope he returns to that form. I don’t appreciate Bell’s attitude , definitely harmful to the team. We don’t have any low post threats and until we do we are vulnerable! Outside shooting could help ease that pain.

It’s time to cut bait. Red can send a message about how he’s going to run the program
I actually think Red is doing a decent job of handling off-court issues. For whatever reason it's the complete opposite with the on-court drama. Anything goes.

And we just gave him mins and he actually even looked GOOD in those minutes! He actually had some nice passes which could not be said about anyone else on the team! Dude could really help us this year. I just can't believe he is a head case on this level. How do you mess up twice in two weeks in year 3.

Bringing in players that buy into what he’s selling. Obviously Benny has zero interest in this.
1700 kids hit the portal last year. Playing time #1 issue. Everyone thinks they can play in the NBA. Not everyone is a team first guy. Sad to say.

1700 kids hit the portal last year. Playing time #1 issue. Everyone thinks they can play in the NBA. Not everyone is a team first guy. Sad to say.
You’re not wrong but a lot of teams have had portal success and bring a team to another level. As of now, we lost so much more than we gained via the portal.

Losing Edward’s really hurt! With him or someone with similar skills you could slide Brown over to PF and your rotation changes drastically. I believe switching Brown back to PF and putting a healthy Hima solves some problems. Then you could go with the hot hand at the 3 . They wanted a developed center but ,instead have a player who needs to be developed. Big men take longer to develop!

Benny needs to talk to beadle to get his head right! When is your next available appointment beadle?
Not sure there is enough in the endowment to cover his medical expenses.

You are a member of a team. Team rules say curfew at 9 PM. Whether you are 23 or 50 (like Armando Bacot). When you're not in at 9, you've broken team rules. Not sure what you don't get about that.

And btw, JB had curfew rules too.
good post. Also, Benny is just coming off a suspension. If the kid cared or had a brain, he wouldn't be pushing anything other than doing what his coach wants. With me he would be gone

I recall other past players who were challenging under Boeheim who the staff struggled with. It’s complicated, especially when you consider all the federal laws they must deal with.

I posted that we would get waxed in Hawaii. I actually think the first half against Tennesse was the best half of basketball SU has played in a few years. We have a new team, new D, no shooters, no forwards that can score and lost Jesse. Give Red another couple of years to get his roster back and he will be fine.

I posted that we would get waxed in Hawaii. I actually think the first half against Tennesse was the best half of basketball SU has played in a few years. We have a new team, new D, no shooters, no forwards that can score and lost Jesse. Give Red another couple of years to get his roster back and he will be fine.
That might very well be true. However, that doesn't explain no out of bounds plays. It doesn't explain letting guys shoot 3's that can't make them. That has to change.

Working on the pro side, I know for a fact half of our team takes part in 420 activities. If it's not impacting their play, let them do their thing
How would you know if it’s impacting their play?

I like Benny. He keeps me guessing.

Will he be at the game? Will he be there but hurt? Will he be there but suspended? Is he somewhere else? Is he at practice? Did he miss practice? Did he get kicked out? Did he walk out? Where could Benny be?

That's something not a lot of players can bring to the table this regularly.

He'll pop into a game and make you wonder why he's playing. Then he'll show up a week later and knock down a bunch of threes.

Can he even see with that hair? Who knows? He's an entertainer and keeps the board lively.

Benny, ftw!

Looking forward to today but some positive criticisms.

- We lost Jessie, our only returning senior. Maybe it was more than the money?

- imo. I imagine this one-game suspension is fair. However, maybe he shouldn't have had to sit two games for the other?

-Maybe he wouldn't have missed a game if JB was still here. Off this topic, Red doesn't have to be completely different than JB.

-Benny should be co-team captain with Judah. Instead, he was pulled out of the starting lineup after one exhibition. He is being called a headcase by 60% of us. I don't see all the hate, he can flat-out play. He probably should be averaging 26mpg despite that.

-What people see on TV is like the D-league basketball. Even midmajors are loaded with upperclassmen. This shouldn't feel like a daycare. Shooting ourselves in the foot is something only Syracuse knows. Name one midmajor who wouldn't do everything they can to get Benny on the court. You won't find one.

-On the positive; we can have our entire frontcourt run motion around the perimeter and the baseline It's possible we never run that if Benny was averaging, 13 and 8 in Maui.

Like I say I love Red. He's not a headcase. Positive criticism.

Looking forward to today but some positive criticisms.

- We lost Jessie, our only returning senior. Maybe it was more than the money?

- imo. I imagine this one-game suspension is fair. However, maybe he shouldn't have had to sit two games for the other?

-Maybe he wouldn't have missed a game if JB was still here. Off this topic, Red doesn't have to be completely different than JB.

-Benny should be co-team captain with Judah. Instead, he was pulled out of the starting lineup after one exhibition. He is being called a headcase by 90% of us. I don't see all the hate, he can flat-out play. He probably should be averaging 26mpg despite that.

-What people see on TV is like the D-league basketball. Even midmajors are loaded with upperclassmen. This shouldn't feel like a daycare. Shooting ourselves in the foot is something only Syracuse knows. Name one midmajor who wouldn't do everything they can to get Benny on the court. You won't find one.

-On the positive; we can have our entire frontcourt run motion around the perimeter and the baseline It's possible we never run that if Benny was averaging, 13 and 8 in Maui.

Like I say I love Red. He's not a headcase. Positive criticism.

I recall other past players who were challenging under Boeheim who the staff struggled with. It’s complicated, especially when you consider all the federal laws they must deal with.
Billy Edelin………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors