Benny | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor was our best player the first 3 games of the season. We go to Hawaii and he is goose egged 2 straight games. Can you imagine the melts if Judah or JJ put up 0 points 2 games in a row.

Benny used to start that’s who took his spot obviously.
Can you imagine how much worse it would have been without Taylor’s defense and rebounding?

You’re not good at analyzing

Last edited:
Can’t disagree with you.
But we might have gone to FF in 2003-04 if he hadn’t fizzled midway through the season…
… and then the 2005 loss to Vermont… without him.
Without knowing a single detail I think it’s safe to assume Billy’s off court issues are in a different universe to Benny as well.

Can you imagine how much worse it would have been with Taylor’s defense and rebounding?

You’re not good at analyzing
Totally agree. How does he play that well on that end and score 0?

Warming up on the opposite end of the court as most of the team as Chaminade is not out for warm ups yet.

Looks great, hitting most shots, hope he’s back playing today!

Attachments

• IMG_6247.jpeg
    IMG_6247.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Well, maybe. But it's not like he can just catch an Uber back to Syracuse ahead of the team. So he might just be in a position where he's sort of forced to stick around. I don't know. Who the hell knows.
Per Matt coach says he’s available tonight

I didn’t see the technical live, but if a kid is trying to work his way out of a D1 scholarship, Benny is doing a fantastic job showcasing how to do it

I didn’t see the technical live, but if a kid is trying to work his way out of a D1 scholarship, Benny is doing a fantastic job showcasing how to do it

It was great block and then he mildly jawed a bit at the player and T’d up. Frankly it was not that bad, but in the context of everything, it’s another Benny being Benny moment. Getting blown out two straight games, then beating the feel-good D2 host school by 40 and jawing at them after a help side block… add in that he has been suspended for 3.5 games. Etc etc…

It was great block and then he mildly jawed a bit at the player and T’d up. Frankly it was not that bad, but in the context of everything, it’s another Benny being Benny moment. Getting blown out two straight games, then beating the feel-good D2 host school by 40 and jawing at them after a help side block… add in that he has been suspended for 3.5 games. Etc etc…
That’s the problem, he’s so clueless. Do something against a real school in a WIN and then you earn the right to jaw.

Tuesday night I went out with my SU college friend in Honolulu he’s been here a decade so we hit the spots ended up at some club that was packed and absolutely bumping. Didn’t see any players from the 8 teams there. Kind of sad and lame these players these days are choir boys I can’t imagine Billy or Derrick in the 80s going to Hawaii and locking themselves in their rooms.

Not to mention with NIL they can actually afford it too.

Not really directed at Benny and I’m not sure what to make of him.

I agree with your post but enough is enough. When Donna asked about Benny, tell us what is up. Do not hide behind "No comment". He was on a three game suspension, played briefly in yesterday's game - BTW scoring 8 pts and he sits today. Why do I or any other fans tune in to watch a disfunctional Orange team pop the bed two days in a row on national TV. Time for Red to fish or cut bait! (As said by another poster!)
Leaders don’t just discard people Coaching at this level should be, in large part, a medium through which you help young people grow and learn about life, and how to succeed.
Carmelo and the 2003 win aren’t JB’s greatest accomplishments as a coach: it’s all the young men for whom he provided a gateway to, and guidance for, a better life.

Last edited:
People can be very judgmental about things they know nothing about.
Seems to me those are the types of things about which they are most judgmental.

“I hope that either all of us, or none of us, are judged by the actions of our weakest moments, but rather the strengths that we show when, and if, we are ever given a second chance,” Ted Lasso.

Agree but he still came into the Tennesse game and hit a couple threes and kept us in it.

Taylor is who I’m mad at inexcusable to get zero points over 2 games as a starter.
Didn’t see the games. Did he not play hard, or did he not make shots?

Not making shots is just part of basketball.

Without knowing a single detail I think it’s safe to assume Billy’s off court issues are in a different universe to Benny as well.
Might not be. The difference may be in having a diagnosis.

Tuesday night I went out with my SU college friend in Honolulu he’s been here a decade so we hit the spots ended up at some club that was packed and absolutely bumping. Didn’t see any players from the 8 teams there. Kind of sad and lame these players these days are choir boys I can’t imagine Billy or Derrick in the 80s going to Hawaii and locking themselves in their rooms.

Not to mention with NIL they can actually afford it too.

Not really directed at Benny and I’m not sure what to make of him.
Come on now.

Given Benny’s absence fro te up it sure appears that Red should have retained Joe Girard particularly since JG3 is having a solid season with Clemson averaging 12.3 points per game while hitting 40% of his threes.

Given Benny’s absence fro te up it sure appears that Red should have retained Joe Girard particularly since JG3 is having a solid season with Clemson averaging 12.3 points per game while hitting 40% of his threes.
I think both Joe and Red were comfortable with their decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom