Benny | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny channels negative energy when he plays and it comes out angry quite a bit. Has a little Etan/Conrad hiding in him. Personally, I love it when it helps us.

Was commenting more on the other teams than us Hawaii is also insane about ID and drinking they literally scanned yours before they served you so our players likely weren't getting in anywhere. But the other teams in the field were all 21+ dudes and 5th year guys making more than most of us on NIL.
Wow, that is an eye opener. And its True. They can buy a round of drinks for the fans.

Wonder when first round of IRS investigations start happening re: the NIL deals. I cant imagine myself at 19-20-21 with that kind of money and thinking about taxes. LOL

Red 6'4 Griffin 6'1 I (think it was) Gerry 6'3. We have no senior like Ajax, or forward coach on this team to push our kids around a bit. I think the new hire is neat, but more reason to be ever more patient.

Speaking of friction, were there guys who didn’t get along last year, and if so, what happened?

The coach he signed up to play for, if he came back, I'm pretty sure Benny would have left.
If JB wanted him gone, he would have been gone - he was on the team for 2 years under JB. If he would have left for his 3rd year or thinking expectations would change with the coaching change, maybe he figured wrong,

Red 6'4 Griffin 6'1 I (think it was) Gerry 6'3. We have no senior like Ajax, or forward coach on this team to push our kids around a bit. I think the new hire is neat, but more reason to be ever more patient.

Gerry 6’3”??? LOL.

Only if he’s dressed up like Gene Simmons for Halloween, wearing platform boots.

That’s like saying Stevie was 6’6”.

How would you know if it’s impacting their play?

One of them finished second in the league MVP voting (and should have won it), another led the league in three-point percentage, and another finished top 3 in 6POTY

One of them finished second in the league MVP voting (and should have won it), another led the league in three-point percentage, and another finished top 3 in 6POTY
Nice. But my point is that you can’t know that it isn’t affecting them. You can only know if you’re satisfied with their results. Same as with prayer. Or The Secret.…

Benny would not be here if JB was still the coach. You can take that to the bank.
What I've found to be interesting with the Benny/Boeheim dynamic is that Jim gave Benny a lot of run last year. Probably more than he deserved at times. It seemed to me that despite Boeheim's frustration with Benny and his lack of rebounding, he remained loyal to the young man. A lot of other coaches probably would have moved on.

Over the years, I've been critical of how Jim would treat certain players - Roberson is probably the first to come to mind. However, with Benny, I feel much differently. That all said, I'm far removed from what happened on a day to day basis. Looks like Benny is in serious jeopardy of squandering an opportunity and one that probably won't get better if he leaves.

Soooo... is Benny playing?
That's a great question. I was really half expecting an announcement that he was off the team after the trip to Hawaii. Seriously. I'm very glad that didn't happen and REALLY hope for Benny and the team's sake, that doesn't happen. He has a great opportunity right where he is and the team could very much benefit from his play if he can get locked in and contribute without drama.

That's a great question. I was really half expecting an announcement that he was off the team after the trip to Hawaii. Seriously. I'm very glad that didn't happen and REALLY hope for Benny and the team's sake, that doesn't happen. He has a great opportunity right where he is and the team could very much benefit from his play if he can get locked in and contribute without drama.
Yeah, I kinda feel like I need to ask before each game. Can’t take it for granted.

Taylor can’t not box Reid out red either get over punishing Benny or let him play damn we need his size not hard to see What

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom