Bernie fine in Atlanta | Syracusefan.com

Bernie fine in Atlanta

I don't see anything wrong with it. Basketball is his life. Dude wants to watch the final four. He lives in Florida now right? Right in his back yard

I agree. It's a free country. As long as him being there doesn't create a media frenzy and distraction for the team, who cares? I don't expect that any of these mainstream media people will touch him with a ten foot pole at this point. ESPN certainly won't.

Can't wait for the first newbie reporter to ask JB about what he thinks of this.

This will create a media frenzy and make headlines all weekend. It's not like Bernie can go to Atlanta and not be recognized. Hell he probably leaked that he will be in Atlanta to the press. How else would they know? I would say it would be a distraction if this blows up into a media story nationwide, but with the "rules violation story" before the Tournament started all it did was motivate this team to go out and beat up on poor Montana and Cal.

So, who knows.

BUT, if this is the weekend that Bernie breaks his silence, wow...what a middle finger to Gross, Nancy, JB, and the team!

I agree this will be a fairly big story and don't understand why Bernie would want to deal with this.

What are the odds that with 74,000 people at the game, there is at least one at-large murderer in the crowd? Probably relatively high, like 10-15% chance range.

This will create a media frenzy and make headlines all weekend. It's not like Bernie can go to Atlanta and not be recognized. Hell he probably leaked that he will be in Atlanta to the press. How else would they know? I would say it would be a distraction if this blows up into a media story nationwide, but with the "rules violation story" before the Tournament started all it did was motivate this team to go out and beat up on poor Montana and Cal.

So, who knows.

BUT, if this is the weekend that Bernie breaks his silence, wow...what a middle finger to Gross, Nancy, JB, and the team!
Bernie wasn't only not convicted, he was never officially charged, so... Oh wait we are talking about the national media, who I gave up on long ago.

Bernie wasn't only not convicted, he was never officially charged, so... Oh wait we are talking about the national media, who I gave up on long ago.

Yeah but he was fired by the school he's ostensibly there to watch - there are only two games. That makes it slightly weird without even getting into the reason why he was fired, which then makes it sensational.

Ok I replied to a message that changed while I responded to it? I know I haven't had that much beer. What? What ever.

Maybe it gives him leverage for his defamation lawsuit? His lawyers might want him to be noticed enough to be able to say, "Look. I can't even go to the Final Four without being harassed. Basketball coaching was my entire life"

Damn it Bernie. If you ever cared about the program you would stay away. The perception is that he is radioactive. It's not entirely his fault but even he must know where the media will go with this. Just let the weekend be about the players, JB, and good college basketball. Just when you think a broadcast team may finally leave it alone, it will be brought up and with high frequency. I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not. Even if his lawsuit against ESPN(has it been officially filed yet?) has some teeth, the classic "alleged/allegedly" will be tossed arounnd. This is publicity that isn't needed, even if the team is shielded from a distraction.

Damn it Bernie. If you ever cared about the program you would stay away. The perception is that he is radioactive. It's not entirely his fault but even he must know where the media will go with this. Just let the weekend be about the players, JB, and good college basketball. Just when you think a broadcast team may finally leave it alone, it will be brought up and with high frequency. I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not. Even if his lawsuit against ESPN(has it been officially filed yet?) has some teeth, the classic "alleged/allegedly" will be tossed arounnd. This is publicity that isn't needed, even if the team is shielded from a distraction.

I believe the lawsuit was filed in November.

So Bernie just needs to crawl under a rock?

I truly don't mean to offend anyone, really, but this is a stupid thread. Again, I'm sure everyone who posted have great minds, likely better than mine, but you are not showing it by having this kind of dialogue about such a NON ISSUE. It just simply doesn't matter what the man does in this game or others to come. Next please...

What are the odds that with 74,000 people at the game, there is at least one at-large murderer in the crowd? Probably relatively high, like 10-15% chance range.
There's probably decent odds that in a crowd of 74,000 people there is another person by the name of Bernie Fine there. The thing is, nobody really cares about that Bernie Fine, and he isn't going to be a distraction to the team.

If you see him, greet him and maybe give a lets go orange. Let the man enjoy the weekend as we are all going to enjoy.

U got it. Thats all there is to it. Lets go Orange, good work with our bigs Bernie, and thats it.

Even with the guy cleared of any real wrong doing its still a weird situation (the tape etc) and I myself don't have any opinions or anything to be honest, weird situatio and I can't really have feelings either way (despite knowing the accusations are BS no less.) Poor guy though, he gave his life to SU hoops at the end of the day and was a good coach and those accusations were apparently BS.

I believe the lawsuit was filed in November.

So Bernie just needs to crawl under a rock?

Not if said "rock" is anywhere near the program. Sounds like he has just come out from under the rock anyway. Want to come to a game Bernie? How about a random OOC game next year? Colgate sound good? No, choose Final Four weekend in Hotlanta. Doubt there will be any media there to manufacture a story or three. Maybe they will even put a positive spin on how things went down! Can't wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom