Bernie fine in Atlanta | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bernie fine in Atlanta

I honestly can't believe some of you people. The man gave his life to the program, they make their first final 4 in 10 years, and you want him barred from attending in a crowd of 74,000? I understand the logic, but think it's quite faulty. Whether we win or lose will have far more to do with our lustre than anything Bernie could do even if he tried, which he won't. The man's life was making bigs reach their potential for SU(something the team obviously is hurting with right now), and you want the guy barred from the final 4?

I mean he even went out of his way to avoid answering obvious questions. He isn't looking to cause any trouble, or even do the super bowl shuffle. He just wants to watch a program he helped craft in a rare final 4 appearance. Have a heart folks. Go Bernie, go 'Cuse!

Curious if anyone from ESPN will have the balls to bring it up being that the lawsuit is now in place?

"Hey look in the crowd! It's Bernie Fine, the man not convicted of any crime, attending a basketball game. And right next to him are 60,000+ other folks that were never convicted of crimes either also watching basketball!"

What are the odds that with 74,000 people at the game, there is at least one at-large murderer in the crowd? Probably relatively high, like 10-15% chance range.

I think he's driving in from Texas with Mark.

Well, we needed something to come out the day before our game again. there you go

I think he should be able to watch the games.

Bernie's life should not be ruined because he was accused by individuals who lacked credibility. Not saying he is guilty or innocent, we will never know. The one thing that is certain is that his life has been changed forever.

Maybe he is daring the media to harass him which could bolster his law suit.

Just wish he picked different games to watch since this could distract JB.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

No - Bernie. Do you care about you or do you care about the team? It's a distraction that could go off in a wrong direction. Anything that distracts from the team is not positive, and he does not need to be there.

I truly don't mean to offend anyone, really, but this is a stupid thread. Again, I'm sure everyone who posted have great minds, likely better than mine, but you are not showing it by having this kind of dialogue about such a NON ISSUE. It just simply doesn't matter what the man does in this game or others to come. Next please...
It should be a non-issue, but let's be honest here, it just isn't. Rightly or wrongly, the guy was at the center of a controversy that could have taken down JB, and very likely led- in some measure- to further NCAA issues that the school seems to be dealing with right now.

He's a major distraction for Syracuse on a weekend when we don't need it. If he cared about the program, or JB, he would not be there.

Wasn't there a post here with the PS story yesterday about a reunion of the 60's team in Atlanta at the Final 4 headed by George Hicker? Bernie Fine was the manager and classmate of those players so I'm thinking he was invited and probably there for the reunion with his classmates.

Dammit, Bernie!
Don't you realize you're guilty until proven innocent...or something like that?
Just stay indoors away from any windows, shut your pie-hole, and stop being a "distraction".
03-shhhh.gif

this will have zero distraction on the players. hell they went 34-3 the season all this stuff went down. the guys are focused on michigan. this is a non issue.

this will have zero distraction on the players. hell they went 34-3 the season all this stuff went down. the guys are focused on michigan. this is a non issue.
Won't distract the players, I agree, but it's just another story that paints SU in a bad light.

Good for Bernie. Some people shouldn't let the media be the ultimate reason their opinions are formed.

There is nothing good about this.

Bernie must still hold some ill will/vindictive feelings toward the program to do this...

He's stepping out on a limb here and I highly doubt the media microscope back on him will create an enjoyable experience for him.

It's a free country, but jeezus.

I agree this will be a fairly big story and don't understand why Bernie would want to deal with this.

He probably wants to clear his name. I just wish this wasn't the time he picked. But maybe from his comments to the newspaper, he won't be talking to the press. I wonder if he'll be welcomed in the locker room, if they win.

“I came into town to enjoy some basketball games,” Fine said Thursday night

Asked if he planned to attend Syracuse’s national semifinal game against the Wolverines on Saturday night, Fine said, “I haven’t decided.”

So did he go to Atlanta to enjoy the basketball games from a hotel room TV?

He probably wants to clear his name. I just wish this wasn't the time he picked. But maybe from his comments to the newspaper, he won't be talking to the press. I wonder if he'll be welcomed in the locker room, if they win.

How does he do that?

He could certainly win some change against ESPN for defamation, but, unless it's proven that the phonecall with Laurie & Bobby is significantly fabricated (which is a big longshot at t this point), there is no clearing his name...

“I came into town to enjoy some basketball games,” Fine said Thursday night

Asked if he planned to attend Syracuse’s national semifinal game against the Wolverines on Saturday night, Fine said, “I haven’t decided.”

So did he go to Atlanta to enjoy the basketball games from a hotel room TV?

"I read an interesting post on Syracusefan.com by edowd26 this past week and am hoping he's in town for the game" Bernie Fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom