Between your former BE mates WVU and UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Between your former BE mates WVU and UConn

Probably West Virginia but it's harder to hate them since we own them on the field and they've kind of fallen off the map. Reading the Boneyard, their delusions and complete insanity come off worse but UConn doesn't really have a fanbase outside the weirdos on that forum. Remember when they had to buy 15,000 tickets back from the Fiesta Bowl? Ha.

Check this thread

Neither the Dude nor buckaineer nor MHVer3 nor TuxedoYoda is any crazier and any more harmful to his beloved team's reputation than the UConn bunch.

Hopefully Swofford reads the Boneyard.

Check this thread

Neither the Dude nor buckaineer nor MHVer3 nor TuxedoYoda is any crazier and any more harmful to his beloved team's reputation than the UConn bunch.

Hopefully Swofford reads the Boneyard.
Buckaineer is worse IMO any of the UConn morons. UConn is bitter, but they won't acknowledge their football pedigree is why they are still stuck in the AAC. They want that ignored thus you can understand why they are out of touch. WVU fans are afraid of becoming East Carolina. If U-Conn had East Carolina's history they are probably in a P5 conference.

Last edited:
I went to a game at WVU once ...and once was enough. I vowed never to go back to Morgantown and the inbreds who reside there.

UCONN fans can't really be mad at the ACC for not taking them and they know and acknowledge that. UCONN offered nothing of value (basketball success under Kevin Ollie was a huge surprise and wasn't anticipated at the time the ACC had to decide) and nixed any possibility of the ACC taking it by championing the suit against the ACC during expansion.

WVU offers much better Football and is not a bad basketball program under Huggins. WVU understood that the ACC didn't take WVU due to academics and then the ACC fouled that up by taking Louisville. Taking Louisville was absolutely a good move in my mind, so I'm not second guessing. It does point out, however, that the reason WVU didn't get taken into the ACC disappeared by the time the Louisville decision was made. Most WVU fans still want and would take in a heartbeat a move to the ACC. I would love it too just for the fact of getting to see SU at Mountaineer field again every so often. WVU was undeniably one of the biggest powers in Big East football. I'd love a reunion.

UConn fans are just sad when it comes to realignment, they're mostly harmless though (unless you travel into the wasteland of a campus and dare root for another team). WVU fans somehow actually became part of the story by making up, which was insane.

WVU fans are a special bunch, but UConn fans are fast catching up. The Boneyard is a never ending array of these notions: The ACC is evil; BC is worse than evil; Syracuse is worthless and evil; The Big Ten's sacred name shall not be taken in vain, nor that of the sacred league's most wealthy members; Notre Dame is evil; the Big Ten is our hope and salvation, praise be its holy name; the ACC is soon to die; Maryland is a great freedom fighter against evil; Can't wit until the Big Ten makes the ACC pay by killing it; the deep south ACC football schools didn't want us, so they are stupid and deserve to see the ACC die; we're certain Tobacco Road backed us, but did not fight hard enough, to they deserve to see the ACC die; Rutgers did not deserve to get into the Big Ten ahead of us, but the Big Ten is very smart and has a plan, unlike the stupid ACC, and that plan means we are next for Jim Delaney, and that means Rutgers is our friend and ally against the ACC; Virginia is going to the Big Ten with us because Virginia wants more TV money and knows it is better to be with us and Maryland than with UNC and Dook; Virginia fans on this board need to be banned because even when they say they hope UConn gets invited into the ACC, they refuse to agree that UVA should leave the ACC; Louisville is a commuter junior college and Syracuse is an over the hill college dropping far down academic rankings, while Rutgers is a great AAU land grant university; football history means nothing - it's the future that matters and we deliver NYC; once we get into the Big Ten, the ACC will have no presence in NYC, and that means Syracuse basketball will dry up and die.

Very good WoadBlue. You've been lurking on the Boneyard recently. I was one of the UVA fans who tried to promote UConn for the ACC, and to help inform them of UVA's aspirations and intentions as well as inform the Penn State, Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, and Ohio State fans who have now decendend on the Boneyard that UVA is not coming to the Big Ten. There are some good UConn fans over there, but they are increasingly frustrated, and have become hostile. So I'm out of there. What I cannot figure out is why the Big Ten did not snub them with Rutgers, and the ACC snubbed them with NCAA Men's basketball champion and Sugar Bowl Champion Louisville. Baffling. It got unbearable, so I'm out of there. They tired of me too. Plus there is nothing to say. No conference realignment is going on.

I have not spent any time on the West Boards. I see enough WVU fans here in town to know them well.

Stimpy...you made the right choice. The Boneyard is an irrational place. I think my last post was over a year ago there.

I went to a game at WVU once ...and once was enough. I vowed never to go back to Morgantown and the inbreds who reside there.
Agreed. I will never forget my trip down there, especially because we actually beat them. The rest of my weekend was incredible, though. Good lord do those students know how to party, and for the most part they're good people when WVU sports aren't involved.

Very good WoadBlue. You've been lurking on the Boneyard recently. I was one of the UVA fans who tried to promote UConn for the ACC, and to help inform them of UVA's aspirations and intentions as well as inform the Penn State, Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, and Ohio State fans who have now decendend on the Boneyard that UVA is not coming to the Big Ten. There are some good UConn fans over there, but they are increasingly frustrated, and have become hostile. So I'm out of there. What I cannot figure out is why the Big Ten did not snub them with Rutgers, and the ACC snubbed them with NCAA Men's basketball champion and Sugar Bowl Champion Louisville. Baffling. It got unbearable, so I'm out of there. They tired of me too. Plus there is nothing to say. No conference realignment is going on.

I have not spent any time on the West Boards. I see enough WVU fans here in town to know them well.
Periodically I go over there. I am one of the ACC fans who never wanted UConn. The lawsuits were too much. There was UConn, barely out of 1AA, having already gotten Temple booted from BE football so it could take Temple's spot, suing the ACC and BC, with the CT Attorney General leading the charge.

That was far too much to stomach.

I wanted Louisville to replace Maryland, and I hoped that if Louisville could not pass muster for academic rankings that Cincinnati would get the nod over UConn. I would have preferred Navy for football and Georgetown for basketball over UConn.

UVA in the BT is an insane idea. Of all the Elite state universities, UVA is the most like a private school in general atmosphere on campus and among alums. The BT is a league of the hugest land grant schools, ugly behemoths that are the antithesis of UVA in most ways. Even more than UNC, UVA neatly fits with and needs a conference with multiple private schools and other smaller state schools (like GT and Clemson - even UNC is smaller than any state school in the BT).

I don't think we are going to add anyone soon. We are waiting on ND football to make the leap into the deep end. Yes, if the NCAA accepts the Swofford Plan on Championships, we could add just 1 more and have 15 for football.

The BT surely is not going to add anyone until it has spent years trying to make Maryland and Rutgers fit and not be a drag on the rest in most ways.

So I see UConn fans as just making fools of themselves ala WVU fans. If they had decent sense they would be exhibiting some realism, which means humility, and then people like me would have sympathy, as I do for Cincy.

Stimpy...you made the right choice. The Boneyard is an irrational place. I think my last post was over a year ago there.
UConn demands its BE sugartit be made permanent. For UConn, the BE booted Temple. UConn expects everyone to do the same - all the time give UConn what it wants when it wants. If UConn does not see us give it what it wants ASAP, UConn fans throw hissy fits.

They need to grow up and earn a place.

Periodically I go over there. I am one of the ACC fans who never wanted UConn. The lawsuits were too much. There was UConn, barely out of 1AA, having already gotten Temple booted from BE football so it could take Temple's spot, suing the ACC and BC, with the CT Attorney General leading the charge.

I wanted Louisville to replace Maryland, and I hoped that if Louisville could not pass muster for academic rankings that Cincinnati would get the nod over UConn. I would have preferred Navy for football and Georgetown for basketball over UConn.

UVA in the BT is an insane idea. Of all the Elite state universities, UVA is the most like a private school in general atmosphere on campus and among alums. The BT is a league of the hugest land grant schools, ugly behemoths that are the antithesis of UVA in most ways. Even more than UNC, UVA neatly fits with and needs a conference with multiple private schools and other smaller state schools (like GT and Clemson - even UNC is smaller than any state school in the BT).

I don't think we are going to add anyone soon. We are waiting on ND football to make the leap into the deep end. Yes, if the NCAA accepts the Swofford Plan on Championships, we could add just 1 more and have 15 for football.

The BT surely is not going to add anyone until it has spent years trying to make Maryland and Rutgers fit and not be a drag on the rest in most ways.

So I see UConn fans as just making fools of themselves ala WVU fans. If they had decent sense they would be exhibiting some realism, which means humility, and then people like me would have sympathy, as I do for Cincy.

My only concern about the UConn situation for the ACC is that the ACC leaves a flank open in the NY Tristate Area as well as New England to be exploited at some point by the Big Ten to further its goals in that region. We've discussed it here, and most are not worried thinking that the Big Ten isn't interested in UConn anyway.

The Temple thing intrigues me. I am ignorant on Big East politics. But I thought Villanova did as much to supress Temple as anyone. The Big East is a basketball league, and Temple is a basketball school. Why the heck have Temple football without basketball to begin with? I always though it was Villanova jealosy or attempting to have advantage.

Funny you say that about UVA. When I think if them I think of them as a private school.

People do realize that a team's message board is like 0.0001% of its fan base, right?

I mean, hate a program for whatever reason you want, but to do it because of what 100 or so frequent posters on a message board write seems bizarre to me.

UCONN fans can't really be mad at the ACC for not taking them and they know and acknowledge that. UCONN offered nothing of value (basketball success under Kevin Ollie was a huge surprise and wasn't anticipated at the time the ACC had to decide) and nixed any possibility of the ACC taking it by championing the suit against the ACC during expansion.

WVU offers much better Football and is not a bad basketball program under Huggins. WVU understood that the ACC didn't take WVU due to academics and then the ACC fouled that up by taking Louisville. Taking Louisville was absolutely a good move in my mind, so I'm not second guessing. It does point out, however, that the reason WVU didn't get taken into the ACC disappeared by the time the Louisville decision was made. Most WVU fans still want and would take in a heartbeat a move to the ACC. I would love it too just for the fact of getting to see SU at Mountaineer field again every so often. WVU was undeniably one of the biggest powers in Big East football. I'd love a reunion.
Was West Virginia really a BIG EAST power prior to the ACC expansion? Undeniably in the top half of BE football, sure.

My only concern about the UConn situation for the ACC is that the ACC leaves a flank open in the NY Tristate Area as well as New England to be exploited at some point by the Big Ten to further its goals in that region. We've discussed it here, and most are not worried thinking that the Big Ten isn't interested in UConn anyway.

The Temple thing intrigues me. I am ignorant on Big East politics. But I thought Villanova did as much to supress Temple as anyone. The Big East is a basketball league, and Temple is a basketball school. Why the heck have Temple football without basketball to begin with? I always though it was Villanova jealosy or attempting to have advantage.

It's not really a chess game. It really is a matter of cost and revenue. UConn just doesn't bring enough revenue to overcome the cost of adding them for either the Big Ten or the ACC. And as for Temple, they did more to bury themselves than Villanova ever could.

BE football was only created because Syracuse, BC, and Pitt made it clear that their football needs probably would require a football conference. So the basketball-onlys (those who did not play 1A football, which group included UConn) were strong armed into creating BE football to keep the BE intact for basketball. The solution was to add Miami for both sports, making 10 in Hoops and 4 for football. The BE ten added VT, WVU, Rutgers, and Temple for football only (they played A-10 basketball). Those 4 were not added for basketball because the BE basketball-onlys (with UConn as the largest school with the most power) did not want BE basketball watered down any more than in adding Miami.

Over time, BE hoops expanded, as everybody was forced to see the value of football as much greater, and VT, WVU, and Rutgers got in, but Temple was never added to BE basketball. The primary reasons were 2: The BE already had a team in greater Philly (Villanova) and UConn, upon seeing that football was bigger than basketball and much easier for a sizable state U to add, decided it was going to move from 1AA and take Temple's spot. So UConn was 100% opposed to Temple being allowed in BE basketball.

UConn fans blame Nova, if they think about it at all, but UConn was the recipient of Temple being booted from BE football.

And that situation spoiled UConn fans. They expect the ACC to trample on everyone else for UConn's good just as the stupid BE did. Those with a spoiled brat sense of entitlement always hate most those they defraud and those who fail to give them all they demand as soon as they demand it.

WVU fans are a special bunch, but UConn fans are fast catching up. The Boneyard is a never ending array of these notions: The ACC is evil; BC is worse than evil; Syracuse is worthless and evil; The Big Ten's sacred name shall not be taken in vain, nor that of the sacred league's most wealthy members; Notre Dame is evil; the Big Ten is our hope and salvation, praise be its holy name; the ACC is soon to die; Maryland is a great freedom fighter against evil; Can't wit until the Big Ten makes the ACC pay by killing it; the deep south ACC football schools didn't want us, so they are stupid and deserve to see the ACC die; we're certain Tobacco Road backed us, but did not fight hard enough, to they deserve to see the ACC die; Rutgers did not deserve to get into the Big Ten ahead of us, but the Big Ten is very smart and has a plan, unlike the stupid ACC, and that plan means we are next for Jim Delaney, and that means Rutgers is our friend and ally against the ACC; Virginia is going to the Big Ten with us because Virginia wants more TV money and knows it is better to be with us and Maryland than with UNC and Dook; Virginia fans on this board need to be banned because even when they say they hope UConn gets invited into the ACC, they refuse to agree that UVA should leave the ACC; Louisville is a commuter junior college and Syracuse is an over the hill college dropping far down academic rankings, while Rutgers is a great AAU land grant university; football history means nothing - it's the future that matters and we deliver NYC; once we get into the Big Ten, the ACC will have no presence in NYC, and that means Syracuse basketball will dry up and die.
Wow, great summary of the Boneyard!!

What I can't stand about the WVU fanbase is that they have a superiority complex, despite being decidedly mediocre the past several years. Before we played them in the Pinstripe bowl a couple of years ago, if you went by their message boards, you would think that it was Alabama playing Akron or something. This despite Syracuse having beaten them the previous two years, and badly at that. WVU fans act/acted like they were better than the Big East teams they left behind. Seeing WVU being humbled in the Big XII is almost as satisfying as seeing Uconn fans rage at the fact that they still are stuck in a mid-major conference despite their basketball program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom