Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company

It does at first glance but keep in mind Diggs is 30 with a massive contract. Buffalo wasn't getting a 1
It’s a pretty good return. He’s old , expensive , didn’t want to be there . They took that and turned it into a 2nd. That’s good

Does that seem like... too little to get back?
That was my immediate impression as well...surprised we didn't get more in return...wow, huge change at OBD, have to imagine more dominoes to fall.

It’s a pretty good return. He’s old , expensive , didn’t want to be there . They took that and turned it into a 2nd. That’s good

Ya I can't fault them for that. Don't love the 32 mill cap hit but this was the best of a bad situation and a 2nd rounder which is Minnys will likely be top 10 or 5

Ya I can't fault them for that. Don't love the 32 mill cap hit but this was the best of a bad situation and a 2nd rounder which is Minnys will likely be top 10 or 5
Really depends how the draft goes for them. If they get the right QB they could easily be outside the top 10.

I think this became more possible when they released all the other veterans earlier.

I thought he still had a little left in the tank but we'll see

One of the Bills beat reporters says Diggs asked for a trade.

I don’t understand Buffalo trading Diggs to one of the other top young QB’s in the conference.

I don’t understand Buffalo trading Diggs to one of the other top young QB’s in the conference.

Yeah probably my biggest problem with all of this is why trade him to a rival AFC contender on the come up with a good (great?) young QB and already competent WR group?

They were offering the most compensation and he'll only be there one year anyway.

Yeah probably my biggest problem with all of this is why trade him to a rival AFC contender on the come up with a good (great?) young QB and already competent WR group?
Unless you have reason to believe he’s actually going to be bad

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to our whiney fans pretend like his childish passive aggro act was normal or blown up by the media anymore. Don't think a hard reset towards '25 is a bad idea. Biggest mistake was that contract extension in the first place; another miss by Beane.

Beane to speak with media at 4:00. Question #1 should be if Diggs requested a trade.

13 straight games under 90 yards to end the year. Turns 31 mid-season. Got a likely early 2 for a $20m/year #2 wr going forward. Dump all the dead cap into '24 and ready to attack with a clean cap sheet and 3 premium picks next offseason. That's without even considering what a constant irritation he is.

13 straight games under 90 yards to end the year. Turns 31 mid-season. Got a likely early 2 for a $20m/year #2 wr going forward. Dump all the dead cap into '24 and ready to attack with a clean cap sheet and 3 premium picks next offseason. That's without even considering what a constant irritation he is.
Exactly. Plus it's a great year to draft a WR.

Looks like 28, 60 and 2025 2nd is about right on the spot to move up to #9 according to the old Johnson trade chart. Can't determine if I'd want to use that many resources for Odunze but definitely don't hate the idea outright.

Looks like 28, 60 and 2025 2nd is about right on the spot to move up to #9 according to the old Johnson trade chart. Can't determine if I'd want to use that many resources for Odunze but definitely don't hate the idea outright.
The question is how big a talent gap there is between Odunze and Mitchell who you could probably get at 28.